Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 One and One A Goalies Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  13:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or has the “One and One A” goalie situation played hell on poolies?

In my league, we can only draft one goalie. I thought I got a steal when I drafted Fleury in the 5th round, because he was going to be their clear cut number one goaltender who would play 60 to 70 games. However, due to his early season woes, Dany Sabourin came in and played magnificently, essentially creating a goalie by committee situation.

We saw the same thing happen in Toronto, Ottawa, now Detroit.

Well anyways, last week I traded away Fleury and picked up LeClaire, and now he’s stopped winning as well.

Goalies available are Backstrom, DiPietro, and Osgoode.

Osgoode’s an interesting choice, but I’m just wondering how many games he may get to play in.

Maybe I’m better off with Fleury?

What do you all think?

Go Wings Go!

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  14:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backstrom, if healthy, is the choice in my opinion. He plays on a team with very stingy defense. He has 7 wins in 10 games, a GAA under 2 and a save % of .922.

He has had nagging groin injuries, so it's a risk. He is for sure the #1 in Minny and, if healthy, is worth 40+ wins and I would say between 7 and 10 shut outs.

That's my pick.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2007 :  14:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backstrom for sure. Osgood won't be number 1 the whole season, just most of it while hasek is injured and Dipietro doesn't have a good team in front of him and he isn't as good as Backstrom.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  20:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ended up dropping Fleury and picking up Pascal Leclaire. He's done well for me, however I don't see this as being a long term solution.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  13:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To keep you all updated, Hasek was available, so I grabbed him. I was a bit concerned before because he was sharing duties 50/50 with Osgoode, but after he made 3 straight starts, I decided he'd be a good pickup.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page