Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 JOHN FERGUSON NEEDS TO GO FROM T.O Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PuckDreams10
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  08:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John Feguson has made some of the worst decisions ive ever seen as a leafs fan. Lets hear your thoughts?

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  08:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What decisions did he make that you do not like?

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  08:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To start with I like John Ferguson and I think his heart is in the right place. Do I like his trades? The answer to that one is of course I don't. On the surface his latest dealings have been seen as being good deals only to have them blow up in his face. The worst deal has be the Raycroft for Rask fiasco. I am not sure why you would want to give up a blue chip first round prospect for a third string goalie who was at best a reclamation project. I am not overly impressed with the Toskala/Bell deal either except to say that the jury is still out on that one. Some of his reclamation free agent signings have been good such as Devereau and Pohl but the Blake signing appears on the surface at least to be a mistake thus far? The same thing with Maurice. He was Fergie's chosen coach and if a coach is to be held accountable by using wins and losses then I would say the coach gets a C minus. At this somewhat early juncture of the season I really think a little more time should be granted to both Fergie and Maurice. The club is not as good as some people seem to think it is or as bad as some people think it is. I personally think that they are a little better than a .500 club and have been a little snake-bit lately, such as the Boston game the other night and the Mtl loss on the McCabe cough up. I would say after the next twenty games and before the trade deadline that if there isn't an overall improvement then the ax must fall somewhere and I would just as soon it was Fergie as I don't think I trust him to handle the trade deadline or the decision on the future of Matts Sundin.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  09:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Rask passes Raycroft in wins, then it is a bad trade, at present it is only speculation, he has played, and won 1 game...

Toskala, and Bell were good acuisitions, it is too early to tell if they are not going to work out in Toronto.

You did not think that Toskala was going to come to Toronto, and save the franchise did you?

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  10:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Pucknuts, I was referring to the fact that the Toskal/Bell deal looked good when it happened but the jury was still out on both players. Stats don't always tell the whole story and as far as Raycroft goes he has his moments but dating back to last year there were just too many soft goals getting by him at crucial times of the game. Fergie traded what was perported to be the best junior goalie outside North America for a guy that the Bruins had given up on. I didn't see the point in that deal at the time and still don't. What really bothers me is he turned around and before he had played a game for the Leafs he signs him too a long term deal for relatively large bucks? I stand by my post and will stand by it for the next twenty games and then we will know if this current bunch deserves to stay together.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  14:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually it was a good move that JFJ signed Toskala when he did, he would have been an UFA at the end of the season. Whether 4 mil per year is too much, I do not think so for a starting goalie.

Rask may have been the best junior goalie outside of N.A., but until he proves himself in the NHL, it was a good deal for the Leafs.

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  15:58:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point, Antroman. If I was a Leafs' fan, (I may actually be a bigger Sundin fan than a lot of Leafs' fans (how does that work?)) I would be horrified by the prospect of JFJ deciding his future. If he's gonna' send Mats away for draft picks, talk to Kevin Lowe. The Oil could use a guy of his calibre.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2007 :  21:25:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Again Pucknuts, I was talking about Fergie signing Raycroft before he had even played a game last year. I agree with you in regards to Toskala. It was a good move. I am definitely no expert but I do think regardless of stats that Toskala is the better goaltender of the two. I guess I have too much time on my hands but I have seen every Leaf game this year including the pre-season thanks to Leafs TV in this area. I know what some of you are thinking, he must be a masachist!!!!! I can't spell some words either as I think its an age thing?
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  17:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i hate fergusons decsicions too,

for instance they got offered ryan smyth last year for stten and a 3rd round pick, i mean steens good but hes no smyth, and smyth wudda got them into the playoffs for sure, i mean he did it with the islanders right? and beside leafs never get any one good in the draft anyway other than pogge and tlusty.

and they also got offered pronger for like steen and tucker or sumthing, he turned it down cuz chris wanted too much money, and the leafs suck defensively so id do anything to get pronger in the lineup

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

The Passion That Unites Us All

Edited by - Leafsfan_94 on 01/16/2008 17:59:29
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page