Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
 Grind Line
 Trade Rumors… Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Zoran
Top Prospect

Canada
55 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  14:47:34  Show Profile
General Managers around the league have had roughly 42 games to evaluate their teams. Some may be ready to make a blockbuster deal to change up an underperforming team while others are looking to make a few minor changes in order to get ready for a playoff run. Some GMs are looking to start fresh and methodically rebuild, and others could be ready to start advertising a fire sale in order to dump salaries. With all of this come those ugly trade rumors. Here is what I have been hearing around the Internet this week:

- A team like Ottawa is most likely looking to make a few tweaks to prepare for the playoffs. Apparently John Muckler has his eyes on the Blackhawk’s ultra pest Matthew Barnaby who would provide that grit that Ottawa seems to lack in the post-season.

- The Niinima deal could be the first of many for the struggling New York Islanders who have just fired their coach. Mike Milbury is heading out as well – he may want to make one last blockbuster deal before he is goes. Oleg Kvasha and Alexei Yashin have been mentioned to be on the block.

- Alexander Mogilny is too good a talent to be playing in the American Hockey League. That is why he is rumored to be headed to the Bruins for a draft pick.

- The Montreal Canadiens are a hot topic this week with rumored deals involving the Chicago Black Hawks and the Vancouver Canucks. The rumored Canuck deal would send Jose Theodore to Vancouver and there has been a lot of speculation that it could be for Alex Auld and either Ryan Kesler or Jarko Ruttu as well as draft picks. Others have mentioned Todd Bertuzzi being involved, but how many times have we heard that this year?

- Pierre Lacroix is not happy with the recent play of David Aebischer or Peter Budaj and rumor has it that Marty Biron may be on his way to Colorado in exchange for either Ian Laperierre and Antti Laaksonen

- Martin Brodeur may stick around in New Jersey if Elias can help with a playoff push – however he is rumored to be willing to waive his no trade clause to play in either Montreal or Vancouver.

- Roberto Luongo will most likely stay in Florida as rumors have him close to signing a 5 year $30 million deal. I have also heard that he is looking for a more short term deal but either way he will stay a Panther.

- Doug Weight insists that he has not asked for a trade but when asked if he would be willing to drop his no trade clause he admitted he would. Can you blame him for wanting out of St. Louis? I see him returning to Alberta – either Edmonton or Calgary could use him for the playoffs and both could fit him under the cap.

Again these are just rumors, and are meant to get people talking. However, with the new CBA bringing a salary cap into play, the trade deadline will be very interesting and we may see some of these rumors come to fruition.

Have an opinion on George's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute articles on a regular basis drop us an email. admin@pickuphockey.com

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2006 :  20:12:48  Show Profile
I heard Ribeiro may move from Montreal as well. he's a 60-70 point centerman on his way up and would be a good fit in Vancouver. Auld / Morrison / Kesler or a pick for Theodore / Ribeiro. Everybody is happy!
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  19:10:30  Show Profile
I wouldn't be happy! Ribiero a little prick who dives and pretends to be hurt, writhing and screaming on the ice to get a penalty, then laughing about it when he's on the bench. I know Ruutu's a pest and all, and occasionally will sell a soft check here and there, but he's in no way as oscar-worthy as Ribiero.

I don't knnow about giving up Mo for Ribber, but hey, he is a good player.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page