Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Ovechkin - highlight reel goal Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see that goal last night? UNBELIEVABLE! laying down, facing the other way as he slid by the goal line. Luckiest goal I've ever seen!

From TSN.ca...

"Ovechkin scored a fluke goal in the first period. But he more than made up for it in the third, beating Phoenix goalie Brian Boucher while sprawled on the ice, sliding toward the corner and rolling from his back to his chest.

Somehow, the 20-year-old Russian kept the net in mind after Coyotes defenceman Paul Mara knocked him down coming through the circle. Ovechkin sent the puck into the net at a sharp angle, handcuffing Boucher who stood up believing the threat was past, to score with 8:06 left.

''The best goal I ever scored,'' Ovechkin said. ''I just went down and shot.''

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  13:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mental, sick, crazy, one of the best in hockey ever. I downloaded the clip and paused it when he shot. He was facing the roof, lying down backwards from the net, with his arms above his head (horizontally), on his backhand.

It's a wonder of how he even managed to get a shot off, let alone know WHERE to shoot and how to aim for the net.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  09:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah that was nuts. Where can I download the clip?
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  09:48:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got it from the NHL Highlight Machine. I guess I didn't "download" it saved on my computer, but you can save the HTML that the highlights are on and you can play around with it from there.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  09:28:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely the favorite to win rookie of the year. This guy is going to be the best player in the league for many years. I think he will be better than Kovalchuk - scary.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page