Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Whats wrong with Theodore? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He got pulled again last night and it seems even Bob Gainey is having trouble showing confidence in his goaltender. There were a lot of rumors circulating that Theodore was going to be traded to one of the many teams seeking a legitimate no. 1 goalie, but the way he is playing I don't really see too many teams interested in him.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  10:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one that never really saw Theodore as a good, consistent goalie? He had one good year, where Montreal made a "decent" playoff run. But then again what about Arturs Irbe's run with Carolina, J-S Giguere's run with Anaheim....? Theodore has a long ways to go before being a franchise goalie, and that starts with not having 5-goal-on-20-shot perfromances for multiple straight games.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  10:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree. Theodore is totally overrated and signed a huge deal based on one good season. He is not the elite goaltender that everyone thinks, and if Montreal can get some value for him in this goalie buyers market - they should go for it - let him be somebody elses problem.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  09:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's Gainey going to do now? He has an underperforming Theodore and Huet who is coming off back to back shutouts. I think its a no brainer - trade him.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2006 :  14:22:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard that a fan in Montreal put Theodore up on ebay - starting bid: $0.01

I got a good laugh out of that
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  07:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA, that's good for a laugh, although I wouldn't have bid any higher than the starting one.

I was thinking, it doesn't make Montreal so stupid anymore by having chosen Carey Price in the first round in the 2005 draft. Now they should certainly be able to afford to deal Theodore.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  09:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot about Price - they should definitely deal Theodore if they can get some value for him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page