Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Things you'd like to see in a hockey game Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CaliforniaSeal
Top Prospect

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- I would like to see one last time a bench clearing brawl
- I would like to see a goalie get a goal and an assist in the same game.
- I would like to see Darryl Sittler's 10 points in a game record broken
- I would like to see a goalie flattened when he leaves his crease.

No cup for Dino, what a shame

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  09:20:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with that !

- I doubt there will be bench clearing brawl for a very long time,
- its very rare for goalies to get goals and assists in the same game
- Sittler's record will never be broken,
- not many goalies go out of their crease standing straight up.

~~~GO STARS~~~
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  09:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would like to see

paul maurice get hit in the face with a puck
blake hit avery over the head with his stick
Ruutu step on chris simons arms

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  09:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

i would like to see

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

While we are on the topic of revenge, I would LOVE to see Dominic Moore, brother of Steve Moore, take out Bertuzzi and paralyze him and end his career. Serves the guy right.

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Oil
Top Prospect

28 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  11:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You people are crazy cycopathics! Bertuzzi was just defending his Captin when he hit Moore. Furthernore it wasn't Bertuzzi who paralyzed Moore, it was all the guys who jumped on them.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  12:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things I'd like to see in a hockey game:

* I agree about breaking Sittler's 10 points - would love to see that. And, never say never.

* I also agree about seeing a goalie get flattened when leaving the crease - I have yearned for that a couple of times. Unfortunately, I have seen perfectly legal plays where the guy brushes by his sleeve and gets called for interference . . . for trying to avoid the goalie well outside his crease. Should be fair game!

* I would love to see a game where it ends, and Mats Sundin is holding the Stanley Cup above his head with a hockey-mad city going bonkers behind him. (sigh) Sadly, this will most certainly never come to pass.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  13:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to see the Leafs win the cup!!

Ok, I can fantasize a bit cant I?

Edited by - Leafs Rock Planet on 02/22/2008 13:21:56
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  21:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- I would like to see the Playboy bunnies play naked - full contact.

- I would like to see a guy pulled from the stands to suit up because both the starter and backup goalies got hurt.

- I would be happy to see Mats Sundin raise the cup for any team.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  21:42:12  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

quote:

i would like to see

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

While we are on the topic of revenge, I would LOVE to see Dominic Moore, brother of Steve Moore, take out Bertuzzi and paralyze him and end his career. Serves the guy right.

Buddy don't say that s***. People make mistakes, Bertuzzi's happened to be a big one. But seriously man if you wish for stuff like that to happen go see a doctor.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  21:45:48  Reply with Quote
Sorry meant to put in the question.

- A goalie take a shot in a shootout (Most likely never happen but would be a amazing).

- Bench clearing brawl.

- Guy get hit through the glass. (While at the game).

- Another Heritage Classic, with greats like Gretz, Mess and company taking the ice again.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  10:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see Wade Belak get a two point game.

I'm allowed to fantasize too aren't I?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2008 :  21:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
takling to me or alex, bud?

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815

quote:

quote:

i would like to see

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Buddy don't say that s***. People make mistakes, Bertuzzi's happened to be a big one. But seriously man if you wish for stuff like that to happen go see a doctor.

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  12:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see Crosby fight Ovechkin. That would be the best thing to see in a hockey game.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  12:22:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

I'd love to see Crosby fight Ovechkin. That would be the best thing to see in a hockey game.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Nah. I love the brother vs. brother fights aka Wayne and Keith Primeau

Derek Boogaard has a brother in the Pittsburgh system (Aaron). He is 6'3", 220 ilbs. That would be cool to watch.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  13:25:52  Reply with Quote
quote:

takling to me or alex, bud?

quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815

quote:

quote:

i would like to see

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Not you LF94. Alex for wanting someone to get a career ending injury...
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  14:48:58  Reply with Quote
Alright I am by no means defending Bert as I have hated him since that moment. But still it was a heat of the moment thing and Bertuzzi has apologized and is feeling the results of his actions.

Aside from that though. People make mistakes, some bigger than others such as Bertuzzi's but that by no means makes it right for someone to get revenge by ending his career or paralyzing him for that matter.

So buddy if you wish for career ending injuries, your messed up.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  14:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously I don;t actually want his career to end, I'm exagerating. But honestly, I wouldnt mind seeing Dom Moore knock out a couple teeth or give a pair of black eyes...

Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  14:58:38  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

i would like to see

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Really, you don't want to see it? Seems you would love to...
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  15:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listen, if Big Bert can make a so called ''mistake'' by paralyzing a guy I can make a mistake with my wording.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  15:01:52  Reply with Quote
So this is a mistake on wording? Care to tell me what the mistake was?
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  15:29:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Originally I wanted to say that Bertuzzi should know what it is like to be paralyzed and end your career. Then I threw in the Dominic Moore thing for irnoy, not realizing that that made it seem that I actually wanted it to happen in real life. But the original comment was just that he should see what it's like, as in the feeling, not actually go through life paralyzed.

When I threw in the Dom Moore thing, I should have changed it to make it say that he beat up on Bert, not injured him seriously.

Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  23:03:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to see the Sedin Sister's fight because one did a bad pass in front of the whole arena. No disrespect Alex but you did cross the line.

No Pain, No Gain!
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  05:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So guest, are you one of those people that thinks Chric Simon should be kicked out of the NHL? cuz he lost it in the heat of the game too. he apologized. But he has never ended someone's career and almost killed a man. I really hope that you say that Simon should still be allowed to play hockey, because if you don't then you are completely contradicting yourself. Bertuzzi should be in jail, plain and simple. I don't really care if he was "defending his captain". He almost killed a man and he should be in jail. I fthat would have happened anywhere other than the rink, and if he wasn't a famous hockey player, he would be in jail.

quote]Originally posted by Guest8815

Alright I am by no means defending Bert as I have hated him since that moment. But still it was a heat of the moment thing and Bertuzzi has apologized and is feeling the results of his actions.

Aside from that though. People make mistakes, some bigger than others such as Bertuzzi's but that by no means makes it right for someone to get revenge by ending his career or paralyzing him for that matter.

So buddy if you wish for career ending injuries, your messed up.
[/quote]

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  06:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to see
- a goalie fight
- Antropov hit someone
-Ovechkin and Thornton playing together
- Chris Simon and Marty McSorley in an "everything goes" fight to the death match
- a ref/linesman get in a fight

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  13:55:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Controversial hits are one thing, but the Simon thing on Rutuu, which was his first incident that I followed, was way over the line. The McSorley and Brashear is also retarded, thing like that should be career enders for the ones who attack

All aboard the Price bandwagon
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  17:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you! That stuff should not be tolerated at all! But neither should Bertuzzi! In fact, I think Bertuzzi's is worse because i believe it was premeditated whereas i think McSorley and Brasheer and Simon's incidents all happened in the heat of the game. Now don't get me wrong, I think they are all wrong! and i don't think any of them should be able to play anymore! But i don't like when people are all over Simon for what he did, yet they somehow let Bertuzzi's slide a little bit and make it sound not quite as bad as it was. Simon should not be in the NHL. Bertuzzi should not be in the NHL. If you can't control yourself on the ice, you shouldn't be playing.

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  17:42:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wnated to see ovechkin to seperate his shoulder after he flies into the boards after his 50th goal
guess i couldnt

~~~GO STARS~~~
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  23:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin needs to pass the puck and I thorntontheman Simon has made way more and has been suspended way more then Bertuzzi. So I think Simon is the bad guy in this situation.

Good defense is good offense!
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  04:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all due respect, read my entire post instead of just bits and pieces. I said, yes, Simon shouldn't be playing in the NHL. No doubt about that. But the reason I think Bertuzzi is worse than Simon and that Bertuzzi should be in jail (and for sure not playing hockey) is the Bertuzzi's attack of Moore was premeditated. After Moore's hit on Naslund, the whole Canucks team pretty much decided that they were going to go after Moore. That is sick and disgusting and they almost killed a man because of it.
From everything I've read, Simon just loses it on the ice. He doesn't think about what he's doing when he gets mad! and he has seen councelling for this. But i still don't think he should be playing. But because his attacks are not premeditated, i think Bertuzzi is the bigger goon and the far worse threat!

quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Ovechkin needs to pass the puck and I thorntontheman Simon has made way more and has been suspended way more then Bertuzzi. So I think Simon is the bad guy in this situation.

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  04:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And who is Ovechkin supposed to pass the puck to? If he would pas the puck, they would not be winning. He is pretty much the only guy that scores goals. If he stops shooting, they stop scoring. Plain and simple. Not to mention his skills lie with his shot and stickhandling! He isn't a playmaker! He will never be a Joe Thornton or Pavel Datsyk in that aspect. He is using his talents in the best way he can to better his team!

quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Ovechkin needs to pass the puck

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  09:00:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Thornton, I don't know what games you watch but Antropov absolutely thrives on hitting people. That is what he does best, banging and grinding in the offensive zone. If you were talking about fisticuffs, then you won't see him punch out with anyone. He tried it once under Quinn and someone popped him in the nose and broke it. Haven't seen him drop the gloves since.

The Topic: I would like to see Pat Quinn back behind the Toronto bench. All he did was win with the exception of his last season when the Maples missed the playoffs on the last day of the sked by one point. I would also like to see the abolishment of the three point game. I want Burke as the next GM of the Leafs and I would love to see the Maples knock the stupid Senators out of the playoffs again for the fifth straight time. Lastly I would like to see Quebec separate from the rest of Canada and the Habs banned from playing in the NHL from that day forth. That would be better than the Leafs winning the Cup again!!!!!!! Forgot to add, I would love to see someone like Quinn pick Bettman up by the feet and drop him on his stupid little bat-shaped head.

Edited by - Antroman on 03/05/2008 09:07:45
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  09:48:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha Antroman. I liked your comment about Quebec getting seperated! And i agree with you on Quinn. He was better than Maurice and he could actually motivate the players to win. When the team played bad, he wasn't afraid to say it. Unlike Maurice who has to try and find some positives in every game.
As for ANtropov, maybe i am just missing those games but i honestly do not see him hit beople! He does not grind it out. If he would start grinding, he could be a great player. But he tries to pretty-boy it too much. ANd i KNOW i am not the only person that thinks this! But like i said, maybe i am just missing his physical games. If so, my apologies. But he is a big man so i think he should play like a big man. Crash the net and get the garbage goals, which i don't think he does and i don't think any other Leaf does.

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  23:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see Brashear fight the 2 Boogards? He fought the Minnesota one night and the next night he fought the Pittsburgh one I think? It was a different team then Penguins.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page