Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Sundin Trade Talks Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  15:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Based on what I know, and on the hockey knowledge I have accumulated, I have created this deal for Mats Sundin. Give me your comments on it.

DETROIT

To DET:
Mats Sundin

To TOR:
Valtteri Filppula
Kyle Quincey
Johan Franzen
Logan Pyatt
1st Round Pick (08)
2nd and 3rd Round Pick (09)

Based off of Keith Tkatchuk's deal last year, this deal is possible. Tkachuk was traded for a 1st round pick in 2007, a 3rd round pick in 2007 and a 2nd round pick in 2008. Detroit has 4.9 mil in cap space. Sundin is 5.5. If you get rid of Fillipula's and Franzen's contract, this deal is possible.

This is the only deal I think is possible. I doubt Sundin will be traded to an Eastern Confrence team, and the only other teams he would waive for is Anaheim and Vancouver, but neither of those teams have the Cap Space. I think Detroit would be a good, if not best, fit for him.

Comments??

[img]http://www.hockeywidgets.com/sig/sigs/200820165144.png[/img]

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  15:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have to remember that all the picks that Detroit would be giving up are 30th overall this season, and I do not see them falling too far next season, so very close to the same, not really that good.

I do not believe that Detroit is willing to give up all that young talent for Sundin, and then lose him back to Toronto at the end of the season. The idea would be to add Sundin to the team with the least effect on the current roster.

The best possibility is with Anaheim as they have a first rounder from Edmonton that could end up being a top 5 pick.

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page