Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 FORSBERG SWEEPSTAKES REALLY ARE OVER! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6570
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:35:03  Reply with Quote
To Avalanche...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=230555&hubname=

Guest6570
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:44:39  Reply with Quote
Thank you...just passing along the info and was happy to do so.

I take great pride in the quality of information I pass along...I was playing off the title of that previous "Forsberg Sweepstakes Are Over" thread.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6570
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:51:17  Reply with Quote
Ha ha :) No, no. I do not take cheapshots like him...oh wait, does what I just said count as a cheapshot? :)
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  13:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah I wouldn't say so.

Anyways down to business... I am a preacher in hiding. No, I'm not trying to save your soul. I am trying to convince you to make a user account!

With a full money back guarantee, seeing as it is free. Hey, I'm a regular you!

Haha, seriously, you seem like nice guy who gets his facts right. Would be nice to have you join the forums!

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  14:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya! we can always need more people to post! lol, more people that we can know who they are to post!

SAKIC AND FORSBERG REUNITED!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! GO AVS!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6570
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  14:16:39  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words guys...I will give them some thought for sure. I am against "forced" registration just to contribute to a forum/website, view articles, etc. That is one great thing about this site, it allows people to contribute without registering.

I used to work for a website a few years ago so I have an idea of how things usually work with websites, they use number of registrations to sell themselves to advertisers. Yes websites have the right to make money but then I feel i have the right to speak my mind without having to register...websites need visitors more than visitors need websites.

Anyways, nice to see Foppa back with the Avalanche, I think he truly fits in best there. The fans love him and he can help out without being the "go-to" guy.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  14:19:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thoughts on how this helps / hinders (though I doubt the latter option is even up for discussion) the Avs playoffs chances? I think they along with the Sharks, Ducks, Wings and Stars are all legitamtie contenders.

I said the same about the Ducks when they were in ninth, after the return of Nieds. I went so far as to pick up Getzlaf, Perry, Giggy, and resist trading Pronger. Come playoff time, I am a happy man!

Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  17:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6570

...I used to work for a website a few years ago so I have an idea of how things usually work with websites, they use number of registrations to sell themselves to advertisers....

Hi Guest 6570. Never done it...never will! Our lists are our own and we will never sell them or let others use them. Period! This is something we are proud of. Something else we are proud of is the fact that there is a human being on the other end of the line We respond to ALL support emails and try to respond to every forum post query.

Anyway this is off topic (sorry, my bad) How about Forsberg. This is amazing to hear!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  18:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow this is great for Avs. Sakic, Stastny, Hejduk, Smyth, and Now Forsberg. The avs are obviously cup contenders. The only question now is will there goaltending be ok, Theodore looks like he has picked up his game and his playoff expierence will help when playoffs come around.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  18:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After I posted I relized that obviously with all the injury problems is Forsberg still a difference maker?

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Guest6654
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  18:40:54  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6570

...I used to work for a website a few years ago so I have an idea of how things usually work with websites, they use number of registrations to sell themselves to advertisers....

Hi Guest 6570. Never done it...never will! Our lists are our own and we will never sell them or let others use them. Period! This is something we are proud of. Something else we are proud of is the fact that there is a human being on the other end of the line We respond to ALL support emails and try to respond to every forum post query.

Anyway this is off topic (sorry, my bad) How about Forsberg. This is amazing to hear!

Hey no problem, thanks for adressing my point and fair enough...however, I was not exactly referring to selling lists more like a website saying we have "X" number of registered users, therefore you should do business/advertise with us type of thing because we can give you access to so many users...which is okay for the website but then I think some people get turned off by constantly having to regsiter with sites just to express some ideas or read an article. Not that it is hard to register at all but it is the mandatory part that bothers me.

I agree about Forsberg, exciting news, wow Colorado is stacked on offense...Sakic, Stastny, Forsberg, Hejduk, Smyth, Svatos, Wolski, Brunette...bring on Deadline Day! :) The Avalanche certainly have some tradable assets.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6654
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  18:44:36  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Thoughts on how this helps / hinders (though I doubt the latter option is even up for discussion) the Avs playoffs chances? I think they along with the Sharks, Ducks, Wings and Stars are all legitamtie contenders.

I said the same about the Ducks when they were in ninth, after the return of Nieds. I went so far as to pick up Getzlaf, Perry, Giggy, and resist trading Pronger. Come playoff time, I am a happy man!

I am still not a big believer in the Stars even though they have improved offensively...Ducks, they have been impressive but I think they will miss McDonald's speed...Wings giddy up, I think they get a couple of good pieces tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6654
( )

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  18:47:30  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

After I posted I relized that obviously with all the injury problems is Forsberg still a difference maker?

Go Stars

I think so, it has become too easy to dismiss Forsberg now so he will probably surprise. If he plays, and that is the key "if", he can put up point per game type numbers, especially on Colorado.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  20:06:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listen, the guy signed with a team four points out of a playoff spot. He obviously thinks he can make a difference.

Now I know their spot does not reflect their talent, they had injuries, I know the story. But hey, Foppa wants to land himself the big Cahuna and he knows he has to play well to do it. When he went to Nashville they were already good without him, he was insurance. It didn't work, that is another story.

But with the stars coming back, it is not wise to sign Pete if you don't think he really can play as elite Pete, which obviously they think he can.

Here's hoping.

Go to Top of Page

Nash14
Top Prospect

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  20:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya I have to say they have good ofence upfront and not to bad defence but inconsistent goalie. They should pick up a goalie on the deadline day.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! sakic and forsberg and foote reuinited!!! Avs just got a LOT better! wow! look out!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:45:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like Colorado wants to make a run for the cup. With Sakic, and Stastny back, and the addition of Foote, and Forsberg, the only piece of the puzzle theft to grab is Blake from LA, but I do not believe that he will waive his NTC.

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol you forgot about getting Patrick Roy out of retirement! but with the offence that they have, and now a very solid defensive core as well, they are going to be really tough to beat! Especially if THeodore can play like he used to!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  13:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hate to rain on the Forsberg Cup Parade here, but I think this is a bad move for Colorado.

I predict they don't make the playoffs. I also predict Forsberg being a distraction to the team. And, I predict that sports articles that mention Forsberg's Foot will outnumber Colorado Wins Again.

If anything, they should have sat on the fence, as their stars are all returning now anyways.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo I disagree, I think that if he doesn't produce they can still use him as a third liner. It can't hurt to have a guy like that, you may not get what you were looking for, but hey, if people knew how their gambles would turn out, there would be no such a word!

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But Slozo, if they are only 4 points out of the playoffs now, with their stars hurt, do you not think they can gain those four points back with their stars? Sure, Forsberg might get hurt. but they still have Statsny, Sakic, and Smyth. Those three alone make a very pontent offence. Throw in Adam Foote on defence and you got a very colid defensive core as well. they will be tough to beat

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

Hate to rain on the Forsberg Cup Parade here, but I think this is a bad move for Colorado.

I predict they don't make the playoffs. I also predict Forsberg being a distraction to the team. And, I predict that sports articles that mention Forsberg's Foot will outnumber Colorado Wins Again.

If anything, they should have sat on the fence, as their stars are all returning now anyways.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

I'm not sure how he would be a distraction, but I agree with everything else you said. I heard he's going to earn $1.1 mil and play possibly 10 regular season games? I've always liked Forsberg, but how can this be justified?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously they are serious about taking home Lord Stanley's mug, and you know what, I think that Forsberg was the right guy. Put Sundin in the exact same position, I would say it is a mistake. Put Forsberg on Ottawa, I would say it is a mistake. But I think that Forsberg in Denver just works.

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with you, Alex. I think Forsberg and Sakic will hook up and it will be just like the old times, only well, older and greyer.

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:15:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he can stay healthy, and of course that's a big if, I think Forsberg would be a perfect linemate for Ryan Smyth. Smyth can park himself in front of the net and Forsberg can use his incredible puck protection and passing skills to get it to Smyth.
Shades of Cashman or Hodge and Esposito.

"I broke a mirror in my house. I'm supposed to get 7 years of bad luck but my lawyer thinks he can get me 5."
-- Steven Wright
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Statsny needs to play with Sakic in the playoffs to be effective, it is hard on a rookie to live up to standards with so much on the line. The Kid Line in Anaheim might be an exception.

As you said well Willus, that leaves Foppa with Smyth in what I think can be one of the most dynamic second line duos in the playoffs. Looking forward to it.

Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  14:30:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like, I like alot! Forsberg ended up where he wanted to be and belong. Hope his feet are ok now.

After his last comeback he felt he had embaressed himself by returning to soon, just to get injured again and making himself look like an a$$. Just hope he´s healed up now so he doesn´t make the same mistake again.

A healed Forsberg is something the NHL havent seen for quite some time get ready to be DOMINATED HAHA!

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  20:34:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Foote added to the Avs as well, it's a decent addition. I'd say good, but with Sakic recently injured, Forsberg inury prone. It could turn bust.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  05:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

With Foote added to the Avs as well, it's a decent addition. I'd say good, but with Sakic recently injured, Forsberg inury prone. It could turn bust.

Irvine

Irv, your take on your struggling Sens please? I don't see them going very far with the goalie disaster called Gerber and Emery.

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  20:17:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought this topic was about Forsberg going to the Avs? Not about how Ottawa is doing.

What I am saying is, Colorado are relying solely on rentals. They did not pick up anything for now and the future, or the future. Just for today.

Irvine

Edited by - irvine on 02/27/2008 20:18:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page