Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Anaheim Repeat? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  12:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
They've got one of the deepest rosters in the NHL and they seem to be peaking at the right time. My question is simple: do you think that Anaheim will repeat as Stanley Cup Champions in 2008?

Choices:

Yes
No

Edited by - bonfire420 on 03/05/2008 10:47:13

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  15:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't comment my team in the west. they won't get by stars

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  17:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

Can't comment my team in the west. they won't get by stars

Go Stars

Exactly.

They have a great team,
but not good enough for a multiple Stanley Cup win

~~~GO STARS~~~
Go to Top of Page

HabsBiggestFan
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  18:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personnaly don't think they can 2 years in a row. Even if they have great talent on the team, they just won't make it this year. (Sorry to shatter your hopes Selanne and Alex) There are too many other teams that are loaded up with good experience, young players and prospects now (i.e. Pisttsbugh, Montreal, Ottawa Colorado, San Jose etc.); And if I had to guess who wins the stanley cup my guess would be an Eastern Conference team; either Montreal or Pittsbugh.
BTW I voted NO.
HBF

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel, just pray it's not a train"

Edited by - HabsBiggestFan on 03/04/2008 18:07:45
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  18:47:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HabsBiggestFan

I personnaly don't think they can 2 years in a row. Even if they have great talent on the team, they just won't make it this year. (Sorry to shatter your hopes Selanne and Alex) There are too many other teams that are loaded up with good experience, young players and prospects now (i.e. Pisttsbugh, Montreal, Ottawa Colorado, San Jose etc.); And if I had to guess who wins the stanley cup my guess would be an Eastern Conference team; either Montreal or Pittsbugh.
BTW I voted NO.
HBF

"There is a light at the end of every tunnel, just pray it's not a train"

Hopes? Of course not! I want the Habs to win! I think they ahve a good shot at it. But still, I mean, Anaheim is just a cut above...

Look at the other contenders (in my humble opinion; maybe others feel this list should be expanded upon...)

San Jose -- have a problem scoring sometimes. Not lately, but at times.

Detroit -- Injuries took their toll already, imagine in the post season! Plus, I think their team revolves too much around key guys. Plus, the goalie situation is a mess, and neither of them are great goalies in comparison to the cream of the crop other teams (San Jose, Anaheim , Jersey, Vancouver for example) have in the repitoire.

Dallas -- Did Richards help the chemistry or not? I don't know. But with Zubov injured, Turco not exactly coming off a solid post season, Modano aging (and slowing down in stats), Lehtinen coming off an injury, and their top point producer (Ribeiro) not having much experience in the playoffs, Anaheim is stronger.

Colorado -- Their goalie situation is a problem, on defense they are not particularily strong, they are relying on vets (Sakic, Foote, Forsberg) to make the difference, which in itself is a source of worry, should injuries come in to play, and the young guys, Statsny and co. -- who knows how they will play in the playoffs? Not to mention injuries to Svatos and Smyth

Ottawa -- Goalies are a disaster, completely! The team is not playing focused hockey. The forwards can not produce lately. There is confusion in that lockey room, over things like Emery's antics, the coaching, the approach to take... not to mention a big trade which may have helped more than hindered. You saw the interviews I am sure, everyone had different things to say about Paddock, the most noticeable black sheep of them all a young Jason Spezza. This organization does not know what direction it is heading in to. There is utter confusion in the Nation's Capital.

Pittsburgh -- Scoreless after two against the Bolts of all teams? Crosby Malkin and Hossa may take time to adjust, time they just might not have. Especially since once Crosby finds his groove, back to the drawing board with the return of Marian. Throw in factors like Fleury who not only is coming off injury, but is shaky in the playoffs and has nerves of glass. If he gets off and Conklin gets another chance, just for argument's sake, then Pittsburgh is in the water. Assuming that does not happen, they have a chance, but not close to the monsters of the West.

New Jersey - Goaltending is amazing, defense is OK, forwards they are lacking. Now, if one of their top producers do not perform, or if they manage to get shutdown, which you can be sure will be the game plan for a team facing them, knowing their lack of offense... or if Marty is off... not close to Anaheim calibre. Let me say it here though, I think New Jersey and Montreal are the two best teams in the east.

Montreal -- My boys are good, but not Anaheim style, this year. Koivu even said, it is their overachieving young guns that made the difference between where they should be and where they are. Now, I said it once I will say it again, who knows how young players play in the playoffs? That means Price too. Throw in the fact that opposing teams will be on Kovalev like the white on a golf ball, and I think Anaheim takes it over the Habs this year.

All aboard the Price bandwagon
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  21:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would say that after the Leafers, the Ducks are the next team most likely to win the Stanley. I can see only minimal changes from the team that won it last year and I don't think anyone has improved enough to overtake them. Injuries could change things but I am throwing my hat into Anaheim's ring again this year. They just simply over power other teams and besides if they win it the other teams that I really dislike can't win it.
Go to Top of Page

Devils Fanatic
Top Prospect

Canada
87 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  23:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wish the Devils offense could pick up the slack a little, if they did they would have a strong chance to take home a cup. As it stands, I don't see them going terribly deep into the playoffs. Parise is their best offensive player right now and he is well below a point a game. It's most likely going to be all about how Brodeur performs (last year was a bad year for him). I could see either Anaheim or the Stars taking it home this year to be honest.

Devils fan for life
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  11:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex, i disagree with you on a few things.
One: Theadore has been playing decent this year. He's not playing as terrible as everyone seems to think. And i think Colorado has a very strong defensive core! Foote, Hannan, and Salei make a pretty good core. ANd Liles adds some offensive punch. I think losing Smyth and Svatos will hurt, but altogether, I think the Avs will make a run.
Hmmm, I guess that's pretty much the only thing i disagree with you on. Except for the fact that Turco played excellent last playoffs! 3 shutouts. GAA of under 2. save % around .950.....The two years before he was awful so I gues we'll see which goalie will show up. If it's the same Turco as last playoffs, Dallas could be good!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Antonyshen10
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  08:03:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the ducks will not repeat it is soo hard to repeat and other teams will out do them not taking anything away from them they are a very skilled but i dont think they will do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page