Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Autographs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  09:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just wondering what NHL autographs everyone has? Personally, I only have 2: A retired enforcer named Matt Johnson (anyone hear of him?) and a rookie on the Devils named David Clarkson. What about everyone else?

Guest4032
( )

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  10:50:31  Reply with Quote
oh man way to many to name....the ones im proudest of are crosby, ovechkin, gretzky and trevor linden
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  12:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Notable: Ovechkin, Richard, Lafleur, Sundin, Corson, Alfredsson, Spezza, Van Ryn, Samsonov

All aboard the Price bandwagon
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  12:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ALex, how did you get Ovechkin's autograph?

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Notable: Ovechkin, Richard, Lafleur, Sundin, Corson, Alfredsson, Spezza, Van Ryn, Samsonov

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very interested! and how much did the jersey go for?

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have darryl sittler and johnny bowers autographs in my bar downstairs

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

very interested! and how much did the jersey go for?

Brett Hull.

I don't know how much it went for it was a surprise present for me any my brother.

Ovechkin story: My dad bought jewlery and an Ovechkin jersey at an auction. We wanted to frame the jersey. My brother walks in and says ''can I wear the jersey to school tomorrow?'' And my dad goes ''Ben, if you wear that to school tomorrow...'' and I finish the sentence ''...then I guess we will have to frame the jewlery

Dryden: Forgot him earlier As you may know, he runs for Federal Office in a region somewhere in the GTA, my dad drove me to meet him.

Maurice Richard: Same auction as above. However, what he autgoraphed was a left handed stick signed ''To Chuck''. Wondering if it still has value...?

Lafleur: At a Sens game they had a silent auction during intermission. We were rushed for time and we wanted a souverneir. There were hats and sticks and stuff. My dad says ''quick point to something and its yours'' and I found hidden in the back a Lafleur autographed framed picture. Well, he had to keep his word

Sundin / Corson: Managed to sneak into the PR room of the Leafs somehow (my dad is notorious for that, you will see in other examples!) Corson signed right after being traded from Montreal. I had an old Habs jersey on (it was a pre season Habs Leafs game, the Habs lost in OT) and I presented it to him to sign and he said ''don't worry, I know they are the better team.'' Then Sundin signed and said ''wrong team pal''

Van Ryn: Kids month in Florida.

Samsonov: Prize at a hockey banquet

Alfredsson, Spezza, Chara, Havlat, others: At a Corell Centre game featuring Ottawa vs. Anaheim, we told the usher we were from out of town and REALLY wanted to meet the players. Well, he got us in to the parking lot, and we stood for 40 minutes in the chilling cold waiting, but we got it signed. What was IT? The box that a promotion Zdeno Chara bobblehead came in!

Worst part was, the autograph I wanted most was Hossa. We saw him and said ''are you Marian Hossa?'' (as a courteous gesture, he obviously was) and he says ''no sorry'' and leaves.

Bad story: At a pre season Tampa game our bags were stolen (just had food in them). As compensation the PR man was going to get us a jersey with all the autographs. My dad did not feel like waiting. ''Besides, how good can they be, it's Tampa!'' How good were they? Well, they won the cup that year, so you tell me!

The worst story of all: My dad had all the autographs from the 4 Cup Montreal dynastic teams. When he went to college, his mom simply THREW THEM OUT

Needless to say I have mixed emotions regarding my grandma since I heard that story!

Go to Top of Page

freddyboy
Rookie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have maurice richard :D...he lived like 2 street of me and we played ockey and he came and signed our things i was like OMG so cool

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! does your dad still talk to his mom???

hmmm, guess you folks are a lot richer than i will ever be! i can't afford autograph jersey's and all. still, nice colection! i'm impressed!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:42:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My father had so many contacts that he squandered. His best friend was cousins with Mike Bossy! He went to I think it was Doug Harvey's hockey school!

The sad thing is, I see myself going down that path. I know Ted Saskin's children and had chances to get stuff, now their father no longer works in the NHLPA. I have a friend who lives on Gilmour's street, next year I won't be in contact with this friend....

It's so hard to keep track of everything

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:43:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and Alex, you really should remember me the next time you are getting autographed items! i could give you my address and you could send stuff my way! lol

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised no one is interested / curious to hear how my dad managed to get the entire team of the late 70s Canadiens autographed for four straight years?? I was sure I would have someone saying ''no ways!'' or something. Want to hear the story? It's actually quite genious though I do not know if it would work today.

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:50:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure if i believed you at first. But share the story!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What he would do is call the hotels that Habs would stay in for out of town games and get through to like all the fourth line old farts fighting for a job every night with no fans and overshadowed by all the greats. And he would say ''hey Mr. So and so? I am your BIGGEST fan! I am the leader of your fan club, and I established it! I collect all your cards, blah blah....'' Well, it sometimes worked, and he would be invited to come sit in great seats and watch, and even get in to the player's hotel. From there it can't be that hard to get autographs!

Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  13:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! not going to lie, your dad is a genius! :) that is freakin sweet! man! i don't think it would work anymore but still, that would be awesome! alex, you have a great dad! lol my dad doesn't really follow hockey. he's more into politics

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  14:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have about 35 or so Leaf autographed 8x10's. Most were signed at mall signings and card shows etc. My favourite is a black and white photo of Captain Teeder Kennedy being presented with the Stanley Cup by a youngish Clarence Campbell in 1951. The team is crowded around behind him and Bill Barilko and Turk Broda are in clear view in the picture. Teeder signed it for me during a shopping mall promotion in Burlington Ont. around four or five years ago. I had a Beliveau who was signing at a card show in the Hillcrest Restaurant here in Hamilton around ten years ago but I gave it to a Hab friend of mine for his fiftieth birthday. It is in much better hands now as I don't think it would go over real well in my Leaf room. I also had a Stan Johnathon but gave it away as well to a Boston buddy. Two years ago a friend of mine attended the Wendall Clark Charity Golf Tournament and managed to get me a Leaf cap which Wendall signed in sharpie on the brim. A number of my Leaf photos are Captains and I am having a problem finding a Rob Ramage. I know, I know, no jokes please.
Go to Top of Page

jschur77
Top Prospect

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  23:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin signed jesey game worn also a Bertuzzi picture signed and my fav a Bobby Orr Jersey sIgned right on the 4
Go to Top of Page

Guest4759
( )

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  02:33:29  Reply with Quote
i have jarome iginla shane doan roberto loungo pavel bure alex moginly markus naslun and many more nhl autographs i have met over 200 players and also went to school witj jarome iginla shane doan and a few others
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  04:58:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL, actually, my dad was a huge fan of Dryden when he was a goalie. Especially during the 1972 games. But he is not so much a fan of him since he joined politics! so i don't think he would be one of the top people of my dad's "must meet" list.

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Convince him to meet the passionate and charismatic Ken Dryden, running in the riding of Peel if I am not mistaken... He can discuss politics and you can discuss hockey!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6196
( )

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  10:29:50  Reply with Quote
Vadislav Tretiak.
I met him in the mid 80's.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  17:55:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaromir Jagr (one of his NYR jerseys)
Joe Thornton (one of his SJS jerseys)
Alex Ovechkin (stick)
Martin Gerber (RBK Goalie stick, black)

Also got Malkin and Semin for jerseys for brother, both autographed. :)

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  19:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just happened to run in to Wayne Gretzky in 1985... at a phone booth. Yeah NO cell phones lol. I was waiting to use the phone in the Toronto Convention Centre, and I didn't know who the guy was in front of me until he got off the phone. When he turned around my eyes just LIT up. I was never so thankful to have had a pen and paper on me - something I never carry, but I had opened my first bank account that day (I was 15), so I got him to sign the back of my checkbook.
This was minutes before he was about to walk in to the auditorium to receive about 6 different awards that year.
The cool thing was, it was in a very remote part of the building. Nobody was around. So he was like "sure thing, but I'm not signing the cheque".
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  05:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ooooo Irvine, I'll buy your Thornton jersey from you!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by irvine

Jaromir Jagr (one of his NYR jerseys)
Joe Thornton (one of his SJS jerseys)
Alex Ovechkin (stick)
Martin Gerber (RBK Goalie stick, black)

Also got Malkin and Semin for jerseys for brother, both autographed. :)

Irvine

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  19:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha, if I ever come hard up for money... i'll keep you in mind. lol.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page