Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Train of Thought Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  18:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angels in the Outfield

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  18:46:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

42. The 2 Boogard brothers one is on Minnesota and the other one is on Phoenix I think.

Good defense is good offense!

Aaron Boogaard is on Pittsburgh, I think he plays in the ECHL though.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  18:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

Angels in the Outfield

Brett Hull.

Vladimir Guerrero

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  20:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
48. Macaroni

(macarena makes me think of macaroni)

"Take two pucks to the head and call me in the morning".
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  04:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Piazza (Italy reminds me of pizza and piazza sounds like pizza)

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  06:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My opinion: This thread has very little to do with hockey and is most definitely one of the more pointless threads I've seen. Seems like a waste of cyber space to me. If you can justify why the topic should be left open please do.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  07:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

My opinion: This thread has very little to do with hockey and is most definitely one of the more pointless threads I've seen. Seems like a waste of cyber space to me. If you can justify why the topic should be left open please do.

Its kind of fun I see no reason to delete it.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  07:48:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah, please willus let it stay on pleaseeeee

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  08:08:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we should create a new "junior" forum for topics like this.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  11:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

Maybe we should create a new "junior" forum for topics like this.

Ouch !!

I believe there will be a story when it's over...in all fairness.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  15:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's my opinion as a member and not as a moderator.

I find posts like these so completely pointless and quite honestly immature. Posts like these are why I prefer the discussions in the History forum. It tends to be a little more mature and intelligent.
What the heck is the point of this? You're going to create a fictional story from the random words in each post? Are you that bored? Go outside and play. I guess when I was 10 I probably would have found this amusing too.
Small things...

This is a Hockey Forum. It's intent is to have discussions about hockey. It's not a freaking chat room.
The only reason I waded through this entire thread is because I'm a moderator. As a member I would have read the first post and never looked at it again. I've encouraged many guests who have posted some great comments to join but I completely understand why they don't when I read these threads. If this was posted on another highly respected site I frequent it would be so completely ridiculed you'd probably never post again there. It might be harsh but it sure keeps the quality up.
That's how I really feel.
Now I'll put my mod hat back on and try to be diplomatic.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  16:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do agree with you somewhat Willus but i also think that if we didn't have games like this some people might get bored of forums and leave. I know theres alot of younger people on forums so its hard for them to comment on threads of older days and personally I think lately there haven't been very interesting threads posted lately as of late there mainly games(which I like) but everything else is just repeated polls like ones the guest2303 or whatever posted and there not very interesting.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  21:05:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Willus and gostars12 we should start this topic where it is and it has to be bout hockey, what bout that? Just my 2 cents!

Good defense is good offense!
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  22:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay I'll add some fodder from the 'almost 40' set, and as a moderator on another forum myself for several years.

There are valid points from both sides of this coin.

Firstly, this forum is designated as a "Trivia and Other Games" section.
It's a place to talk hockey... and as the word 'game' implies, have some fun.
If it were renamed Hockey Trivia & Other Hockey Games, I'd have no leg to stand on. So there may be some confusion on that note.
Unless there is a constant barrage of stupidity on a site, I have no problem encouraging some creativity, even in spite of occasionally straying from the theme of a forum.
Why? Well it's my feeling that forums are too often maligned by unkind words, misunderstandings and in-fighting all to frequently... even while staying on topic.

On the flip-side, web forums also have an amazing ability to forge a kind of friendly bonding. That's a bonus in a e-thug world. I'd rather support this than some of the dumb as a doorknob user comments I have seen lol.

That said, when I have had to step in to moderate users on my site, I often remind them that the best form of moderation is to moderate yourself.
Everyone has to respect the content of the site in order for the site to succeed.

Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  00:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkhamMax

Okay I'll add some fodder from the 'almost 40' set, and as a moderator on another forum myself for several years.

There are valid points from both sides of this coin.

Firstly, this forum is designated as a "Trivia and Other Games" section.
It's a place to talk hockey... and as the word 'game' implies, have some fun.
If it were renamed Hockey Trivia & Other Hockey Games, I'd have no leg to stand on. So there may be some confusion on that note.
Unless there is a constant barrage of stupidity on a site, I have no problem encouraging some creativity, even in spite of occasionally straying from the theme of a forum.
Why? Well it's my feeling that forums are too often maligned by unkind words, misunderstandings and in-fighting all to frequently... even while staying on topic.

On the flip-side, web forums also have an amazing ability to forge a kind of friendly bonding. That's a bonus in a e-thug world. I'd rather support this than some of the dumb as a doorknob user comments I have seen lol.

That said, when I have had to step in to moderate users on my site, I often remind them that the best form of moderation is to moderate yourself.
Everyone has to respect the content of the site in order for the site to succeed.

Perfectly summed up Max. I agree with everything you have said here.

On a sidenote, my 2 cents is this: Even though I am not actually very interested in this thread , it isn't bothering me that it is here at all, in any way. And when Alex puts together the final story I will certainly read it, if , at least to show a little support. Alex has made a genuine effort here to engage everyone in a light game that has kept several posters interested and active.

That being said, I agree with willus's concern about this not being a freakin' chatroom. So is this topic borderline? Seems so. Does it fit the category in which it is posted? By definition, yes. Do we need to start a junior forum? Well, maybe we do then.

In any case, I just like the fact that Alex is very active on the boards. I like the energy, I guess. And when someone suggested earlier that Alex was just trying to pump up his post count, I counter with this: So what if he is? Stop worrying about other people and just do your own thing too, whichever that may be. Whatever you do, just be honest and passionate about it, right ?

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2008 :  16:22:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lets just forget about move on and finish the game.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  18:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
carlos delgada

quote:
Originally posted by Alex

quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

Mike Piazza (Italy reminds me of pizza and piazza sounds like pizza)

Brett Hull.

51. New York Mets

All aboard the Price bandwagon

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2008 :  18:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I could care less.

The game is not interesting to me what so ever, and I do tend to believe it was created to increase some posts counts. But on the other hand, I don't really care if you have 1 post or 1,000,000. I guess what I am saying is, the amount of posts YOU have, affects me not at all.

I come here to talk some hockey in my free time, if you all wish to partake in a game of... well, I have no clue what the game is of. But, it's not for me.

So even if I did believe this should be removed, I can simply just not enter in to this section.

So, good luck on gaining 500 posts of nothing, enjoy your game. :P
And sorry for adding this post of nothing.

Irvine

Edited by - irvine on 03/21/2008 19:02:40
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  20:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
54. urin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94
Carlos Delgado

53. Urinals

My father had the privlege of responding to mother nature's call next to the guy leafsfan_94 brought up, and that is how my train of thought led me to urinals!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  09:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
56. park(lets stop with the toilet talk lol) say sometyhing like brad park you know the hockey player so we can take our minds of the fluids and solids that come out of us lol

quote:

55. Poop + scoop

(Or whatever the name is for that rule that says if a dog emits fesces in a park, the owner needs to clean it up)

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  17:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
58. Slide

quote:

57. Jungle Gym