Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Ottawa
 Sens Playoff Picture Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  17:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Senators. Playoffs. Two words that may not come in contact this year. With the Sens slidding so momentously, is it possible for the Sens to miss out on the playoffs. Now I n by having this topic I am practically jinxing myself, because the Sens will get hot after this, but that doesn't matter.

Right now the Sens stand at 81 points, 5th in the East and in a playoff position. But their recent play has been nothing short of horrific. The Sens are losing 2-1 to the Yotes at the moment, and have made the bottom 4 spots in the Eastern Confrence tight.

Here are some facts to know...
-Jason Spezza has scored 4 goals and 6 points the last 13 games
-Dany Heatley has 3 goals and 6 points in his last 13 games
- Since January 13, the Sens have gone 8-16-2, scoring an avarage of 2.5 goals per game, giving up 3.4 goals
- Their two goalies, Martin Gerber and Ray Emery, have been very inconsistent.

Right now, the Sens have 12 games (not including tonight). In that span they play 3 teams ahead of them in the standings (Habs twice, Canes once), Boston 3 times, Toronto twice, Buffalo twice and ST. Louis. The Bruins could be some though gaes since they need points, as the same with Buffalo. The Sens play against the Leafs has been back and forth, and so the 2 games could be a split. The Habs games are big for Ottawa, and it would be best for them if they beat the Blues.

So what needs to change? Firstly, they need to score more and give up goals less. In the 26 game span, the Sens have been shut out 4 times, and have lost by 3 or more goals 4 times. The tandem of Gerber and Emery has been atrocious, and the Big 3 have been nonexistent.

So with 13 games left, will the Sens still slide? Of those remaning games 6 are at home, where they have a 20-12-3 record. The remaining 7 are on the road, which could prove difficult.

To wrap this up I'll put it in perspective. Last time this year the Sens had 105 points and had a GF:GA ratio of +66. To get that this year, the Sens need to 12-1 and score 4.15 goals per game to equal a GF/GA ratio of +66.

So can the Sens do it? You tell me.

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  19:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they'll still make the playoffs, but with a hell of alot less momentum then they had last year going into the playoffs. I'll just say it would be a good idea not to stack up on these guys in your playoff pool.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "

Edited by - shinnyafterschool on 03/08/2008 19:30:14
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  21:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Senators will make the playoffs alright but I am not so sure that they are the same team as last year? I am starting to wonder if that trade just before the deadline has had an adverse effect on the dressing room? I think they were a pretty tight bunch prior to that and sometimes these things can mess things up a bit. That goaltending thing they are afflicted with should have been straightened out a long time ago as well and defensively they do not seem as solid as last year. As you all probably know, I am not a big fan of there's but I really hate to see what is happening to them just the same. It just doesn't seem right somehow?
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  17:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really hope that the Nottawa Senslesstors make the playoffs again only to have thier playoff hopes shattered as always with Nottawa. Thier fans will be planning the parade and will only have dissappointment.

With all the trash talk about the Leafs and them not making the playoffs... how much better is Nottawa. They are proving that they do not have the talent to go all the way. Living on high hopes and empty promises.

Good to see that Alfie signed the rest of his career to a team that will not produce the gold.

put the red hair on this guy and he looks like Alfie
Go to Top of Page

Guest6196
( )

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  06:38:17  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fanoleaf

I really hope that the Nottawa Senslesstors make the playoffs again only to have thier playoff hopes shattered as always with Nottawa. Thier fans will be planning the parade and will only have dissappointment.

With all the trash talk about the Leafs and them not making the playoffs... how much better is Nottawa. They are proving that they do not have the talent to go all the way. Living on high hopes and empty promises.

Good to see that Alfie signed the rest of his career to a team that will not produce the gold.

put the red hair on this guy and he looks like Alfie

Sounds like the same old Leaf fans (Clueless)You want the Sens to make the playoffs?? A leaf fan told me last year they would rather not make the playoffs than being knocked out in the first round. It is comments like that which gives leafs fans IQ's of 2. When he told me I could not even respond to a dumb comment like that. I just laughed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page