Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best part of the NHL playoffs Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  14:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Out of curiosity, what do you like best about the NHL playoffs?

Choices:

The Cinderella Stories
Watching the moments that go down in history
Intensity, great level of play
The hype: TV coverage, internet coverage, postgame interviews...
Rooting for your team
Hockey pools
Nervewracking situations (overtime, must win games...)
Other (what?)

Edited by - Alex on 03/25/2008 14:36:11

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  14:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year when the Candiens failed to make the post season, I thought I would have no reason to watch hockey for two months. Then I got the idea to make a playoff pool, the first hockey pool I have ever made formally, and it turned the playoffs into a fun thing to watch.

But realistically, there is so much about the playoffs to look forward to. You have GOT to love your playoff underdogs, i.e. the Oilers of '06 and Flames of '04 among others. The hype is just amazing. I love staying up late in triple overtime to see who scores! I love watching moments that will always be remembered. No one remembers the season games unless there was a nice play or a milestone like someone's 500th goal or something. EVERYONE remembers the post season!

But best of all, I love seeing the intensity. I love watching the players that pick it up in the playoffs. I have one guy in mind and his name is Jarmoe Iginla. But so, so many can be added to that list. The role players especailly. Brad May of last year's playoffs. Travis Green in the Leafs run in 02. Also more notable ones, like Giguere in 03 and of course so many more.

Its a hard choice, but that takes it for me because I have been there in a post season situation, and nothing beats watching the best hockey that can be played for two straight months, seeing guys step up and take ones for the team, coaches battling flu bugs and injured line ups, just to get to the game that can change your hockey life! Sensational!

Take two minutes to join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup!
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  06:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went with other because all of the answers reflect on what i love about the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  14:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love rooting for my team and the trash talk with friends and family .. when my team isnt in it i like to just analyze the playoffs and predict the winners of each round... last year i did pretty good ... called the ducks from the start and niedermyer as conn smythe .. also went about 75% predicting match ups .. its fun ... but now with my team in no need to predict we all know whos already gunna win ... hehe let the trash talking begin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page