Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Zetterberg Vs Sundin Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  03:47:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When does it become too much?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  15:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not mean to do that smile. But I kinda agree with ya because they have some good players and some bad players but some are outstanding but they just might fall over the edge.

Edited by - brentrock2 on 10/21/2008 15:05:18
Go to Top of Page

Guest2255
( )

Posted - 10/21/2008 :  16:41:31  Reply with Quote
I think Zetterberg is better than Sundin.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  14:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forgot to login my saying
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  17:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

I did not mean to do that smile. But I kinda agree with ya because they have some good players and some bad players but some are outstanding but they just might fall over the edge.

What does that even mean? They might fall over the edge?
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  09:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You will have to excuse the young contributers from the east coast. They tend to use phrases such as "fall over the edge", and "forgot to log in my saying". These are quite common colloquialisms in the maritime argot. "The edge", I believe, refers to a specific promontory in Labrador, where aspiring hockey players, unable to qualify for the Maple Leafs' training camp, choose to plummet to their deaths.

Edited by - OILINONTARIO on 10/23/2008 09:39:08
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  11:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it means pokermatt that they just might barely make it to the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  13:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

You will have to excuse the young contributers from the east coast. They tend to use phrases such as "fall over the edge", and "forgot to log in my saying". These are quite common colloquialisms in the maritime argot. "The edge", I believe, refers to a specific promontory in Labrador, where aspiring hockey players, unable to qualify for the Maple Leafs' training camp, choose to plummet to their deaths.

That could be the funniest thing i've ever read. LOL... I needed that laugh
Go to Top of Page

Guest2286
( )

Posted - 10/25/2008 :  13:54:05  Reply with Quote
Picked Zetterberg!! WAY BETTER
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  23:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

AHAHHAHAHAHAHA, sorry fell over laughing when I saw this. Back to point Zetterberg is currently the better player because Sundin is not playing.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  15:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin will be playing on the leafs again you know,for maybe about another 2 years before he retires
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  05:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sundin will be playing on the leafs again you know,for maybe about another 2 years before he retires

you have no idea what you're talking about. You're already speculating about 2 years when he doesn't even know if he's going to be playing this year.

And he won't be playing for the leafs either, I can see him either going to NY Rangers or Philidelphia.

As for the best player, I think it's obvious that at this point in time, Zetterberg has the upper hand. Over the long term and seeing both players' career, obviously Sundin is more established than Zetterberg, so I will give Sundin the upper hand on that aspect.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  12:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me tell you something, there is about a 5% chance of him going on philedelphia and 5% to NYR and 90% coming back to Toronto.
I know he is coming back for about 2 years because do you watch sportsnet, well it said Sundin will be coming back for 2 years on the leafs.Nothing about Philedelphia but people did say he might be going to that team but he isn't.I watch hockey alot so I know for a fact there is a really slight chance of him being on Philedelphia.

Edited by - brentrock2 on 10/28/2008 12:14:15
Go to Top of Page

Guest2210
( )

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  14:14:55  Reply with Quote
I agree because I heard it too but not on sportsnet.
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  14:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah i heard that sundin might be coming back for 2 more years on his usally team tor.but might be coming to philly or NYR.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  14:20:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5% I said because I'm for sure he is playing on Tor,not Phi or NYR
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  14:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Let me tell you something, there is about a 5% chance of him going on philedelphia and 5% to NYR and 90% coming back to Toronto.
I know he is coming back for about 2 years because do you watch sportsnet, well it said Sundin will be coming back for 2 years on the leafs.Nothing about Philedelphia but people did say he might be going to that team but he isn't.I watch hockey alot so I know for a fact there is a really slight chance of him being on Philedelphia.

Toronto would be making a huge mistake bringing him back, to afford him they will have to send a couple of there prospects to the minors, they've already said this season is about focusing on youth and bringing in Sundin would be the opposite, Im going out on a limb and saying the Leafs have the least likely chance of getting him back.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  15:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well he is, just watch more hockey and you'll see that they might say that he is coming back to Toronto!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  16:11:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Hrudey and Milbury talked about him on HNIC they said the most likley choice right now was Vancouver, now I am still undecided on whether I like that move or not but there reasoning was simple, cap space. Rangers don't have it, Leafs doesn't have it, Red Wings don't have it, and Canucks do have it.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  02:57:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I think Canucks don't have it,Leafs don't have it,Red Wings don't have it and Rangers have it
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  08:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I think Canucks don't have it,Leafs don't have it,Red Wings don't have it and Rangers have it

but its a fact that the Canucks do have the space, and the Rangers don't, its not opinion.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  14:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Rangers have the space tho and Canucks don't have alot of space but some.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  15:20:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think Rangers have the space tho and Canucks don't have alot of space but some.

Its not about what you think, its about FACTS!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  15:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I don't care and I don't even know alot about facts so I'm just not talking about it anymore.

HABS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  05:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I don't care and I don't even know alot about facts so I'm just not talking about it anymore.

HABS RULE!!!

I do believe it's starting to sink in.

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  13:15:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a bit
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  13:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

HABS RULE!!!

Umm if you watch alot of hockey you would think you would know these facts (cap space) I mean it is talked about almost everyday.

I would have to think if Sundin comes back he will end up on the NYR. They will make cap space for him and they have a good squad and Naslund is their so i think Sundin would have to see this as a good fit.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  13:48:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the last time SUNDIN ISN"T GOING ON NYR he is going on Toronto when he comes back.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  09:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

For the last time SUNDIN ISN"T GOING ON NYR he is going on Toronto when he comes back.

Did he phone you up and tell you that??

Who says Toronto would even take him back??

For all you and I know he could be playing in Edmonton befor the year is over.

oh sorry I forgot Sundin phoned you up and said he was going to Toronto.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  09:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Sundin wanted to play for a non Stanley Cup contender then he'd already have been through training camp, pre-season and started the season with the leafs. He won't be going back to the leafs unless at the all-star break they're in first place. I think NY is logical, also I wouldn't be to suprised if Pitts used some of the money they were going to use on Hossa to try and bring him in. This would allow them to keep Malkin and Cros together while maintaining a very solid second line.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6699
( )

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  09:32:27  Reply with Quote
When you compare the two today. Yes, Zetter has the edge, but if you compare Zetterberg now to Sundin in his glory days, I would definitely take Sundin. He was dominant. he could turn a game around on his own. He never had line-mates to compliment him and he would still win games single handedly. Zetterberg is by far the better defensively, but I think if Zetterberg were in Sundin's shoes for all those years on the Leafs, he wouldn't even be recognised as a star player!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  11:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6699

When you compare the two today. Yes, Zetter has the edge, but if you compare Zetterberg now to Sundin in his glory days, I would definitely take Sundin. He was dominant. he could turn a game around on his own. He never had line-mates to compliment him and he would still win games single handedly. Zetterberg is by far the better defensively, but I think if Zetterberg were in Sundin's shoes for all those years on the Leafs, he wouldn't even be recognised as a star player!

I think Zetterberg would still be a star player and Sundin but they are both star players right nowSmiles for everyone
Go to Top of Page

Guest2286
( )

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  17:59:25  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg is way better because he has skills but Sundin do have skills but I think Zeteerberg has a little more skill than Sundin
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  08:41:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an interesting scenario. Let's say Sundin signs a one-year with the Leafs. He captains and mentors this young group, and manages to lead them into a playoff spot (a distinct possibility, if they can keep up their overachieving ways). Then at the trade deadline, he allows himself to be moved to a contender for a couple of young prospects that will fill any roster deficiencies through the playoff run and into next season. Everybody wins, and all is forgiven in Leafs' nation concerning Mats' refusal to waive his NTC last season.

Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  10:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first of all, until Zetterberg gets the numbers that Sundin has then he is not the better player - I do believe Sundin in his prime dominated a game better then Zetterberg can. Zetterberg is a good player and may one day pass the numbers that Sundin has but until that day Sundin will remain the better player.
Lets have this debate again when Zetterbergs career is over because only time will tell.
Also I do not believe Sundin will even return to the NHL. He has always been a class act and if he wanted money he would be in Vancouver, if he wanted to return to captain the leafs again he would be in Toronto. If just wanted to play again he would be in NY with his good buddy Naslund. Face it Sundin is not going to play again, at least I don't think he will.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  10:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin is in California right now. He underwent a physical last week, has been conditioning since, and is expected to start skating within the next few days. He has also had meetings with Mike Gillis and Brian Burke in the past couple of days. It would seem odd if he went through all of this, and then retire.

Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  11:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sundin is in California right now. He underwent a physical last week, has been conditioning since, and is expected to start skating within the next few days. He has also had meetings with Mike Gillis and Brian Burke in the past couple of days. It would seem odd if he went through all of this, and then retire.

I personnally hope he does sign somewhere, I think he can still play at an exceptional level. As far as him meeting Gillis, Sundins agent JP Barry invited Gillis to suite at the Kings game so they could discuss the Sedins and Ohlund, both clients of Barry. That is not to say Sundin was not discussed and I sure he was but I still don't see him playing. Try not to read to much into what is put in the paper about Sundin. Has anyone actually seen him doing on ice workouts or doing conditioning workouts? The answer is no. As leaf fans will tell you, Sundin tells you how it is and he is not known to lie. Right now he still hasn't decided and I think that the longer he goes the less chance he wants to play still.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  20:25:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living in Southern Ontario, I get regular updates on Mats Sundin's bowel movements. If I don't see a photo of Mats skating within 4 days of this post, I will Tlusty myself to this entire Pickuphockey community. I would never, mind you, Danton myself.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4070
( )

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  10:46:57  Reply with Quote
wow brent is honestly like 13 years old..
but anyways....
If Sundin heads to toronto, they are doomed for another year or two (or as long as he's signed)
If Sundin goes to Vancouver, (i'm from vaN), i would say we would be doomed maybe not this year, but probably the near after when we try trading him but no one will take him b/c of his overly expensive contract. Betting 10 mil on one guy seem stupid especially when he's what..38? It's just like the time when we signed messier and prayed he'll help our team win a cup after he won with the NYR. A big wasted of money.
I do see him going to NYR, because hey, it's NY. They have all the money in the world, and Naslands on the team now. And if Sundin goes to NYR, they pretty much have all 3 top centers on an already stacekd team which they are capable of playing on the top line.

Zetterberg is the better player, but this is the new NHL, where speed matters and u won't get roughed up like you used to.
Sundin is a very good player and leader and he was putting up decent amount of points in his prime + old NHL as well where you don't neccessary have to skate b/c you can grab and do wutever the heck you like so it seems and get away with it.
One more thing, Sundin will be a HOF, just because of his reputation and career with the Leafs. When you think of the leafs, the first person you think of ain't gnona be hal gilmore, it'll be sundin, he is/was the face of the franchaise for..pretty much over 10 years. Thats something to be recogonized.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  11:09:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4070

wow brent is honestly like 13 years old..
but anyways....
If Sundin heads to toronto, they are doomed for another year or two (or as long as he's signed)
If Sundin goes to Vancouver, (i'm from vaN), i would say we would be doomed maybe not this year, but probably the near after when we try trading him but no one will take him b/c of his overly expensive contract. Betting 10 mil on one guy seem stupid especially when he's what..38? It's just like the time when we signed messier and prayed he'll help our team win a cup after he won with the NYR. A big wasted of money.
I do see him going to NYR, because hey, it's NY. They have all the money in the world, and Naslands on the team now. And if Sundin goes to NYR, they pretty much have all 3 top centers on an already stacekd team which they are capable of playing on the top line.

Zetterberg is the better player, but this is the new NHL, where speed matters and u won't get roughed up like you used to.
Sundin is a very good player and leader and he was putting up decent amount of points in his prime + old NHL as well where you don't neccessary have to skate b/c you can grab and do wutever the heck you like so it seems and get away with it.
One more thing, Sundin will be a HOF, just because of his reputation and career with the Leafs. When you think of the leafs, the first person you think of ain't gnona be hal gilmore, it'll be sundin, he is/was the face of the franchaise for..pretty much over 10 years. Thats something to be recogonized.

Hey i am 13 yrs. old now and Toronto won't be doomed, they will be better and he is not going to VANCOUVER
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page