Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Underrated and Overrated Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ci_1612
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  03:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that the season has come to a close who do you think was the most overrated and underrated players of the season?
For me Underrated would have to be Pominville I think that he is a great player and should have been the captain of the Sabs all year long, doesn't get a ton of media attention and not a highlight reel player but a very affective one and I believe that he is a main reason Buffalo was even close to making playoffs. I'd also like to say Mike Green from the caps, he will be an amazing defencman and although i'm not saying he'll be as good as Orr but the way he enters the zone is similar to the great #4.
Overrated Jason Spezza, now my personal hatred towards him and all sens may have a little something to do with my answer but to be honest I just don't think he is that good at least not as good as his stats and the media portray him to be.
I'll also add a Perfectly rated player and that is Iginla he does get the points and media attention but deserves all of it.. great player!

Chris Illsley

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2008 :  08:55:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ci_1612

Now that the season has come to a close who do you think was the most overrated and underrated players of the season?
For me Underrated would have to be Pominville I think that he is a great player and should have been the captain of the Sabs all year long, doesn't get a ton of media attention and not a highlight reel player but a very affective one and I believe that he is a main reason Buffalo was even close to making playoffs. I'd also like to say Mike Green from the caps, he will be an amazing defencman and although i'm not saying he'll be as good as Orr but the way he enters the zone is similar to the great #4.
Overrated Jason Spezza, now my personal hatred towards him and all sens may have a little something to do with my answer but to be honest I just don't think he is that good at least not as good as his stats and the media portray him to be.
I'll also add a Perfectly rated player and that is Iginla he does get the points and media attention but deserves all of it.. great player!

Chris Illsley

i agree on all points except 1 my friend,,, i to hate the sens with a passion,, but spezza is the only one i think deserves his credit,, i think alfie and heatly's numbers would drop big time without spezza ,, the big three would be no existent without him,,, he really completes those two,,, i'd take spezza before alfie and heatly anyday! and one more for your underated Cris Huet,,, traded at the deadline bhy a first place team to a team barely in contention and he goes 12-2-0 with a 1.55 g.a.a and a 930 sv% and brings em to a third place playoff birth,,,, i know the mighty ovie had a big part in that but huet was rock solid watch out for the caps!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

ci_1612
Top Prospect

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  04:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See I think that it is Heatly that complets the big three and I realized this when he was injured and the way Ottawa's record reflected but I suppose same argument could be made with Spezza at times..and on the Huet point..I agree 100% just didn't come to me or else I would have added him as well

Chris Illsley
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2008 :  10:37:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane Doan is very underrated. So is Tomas Vokoun.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  07:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marco Sturm, J.P. Dumont, Tim Thomas, and Patrick O'Sullivan are all underrated in my opinion.

Patrick Elias and Dany Heatley are a bit overrated. At the beginning of the year Jordan Staal was quite a bit.

Also Kyle Welwood is overrated.

Edited by - pensfan17 on 04/08/2008 07:59:54
Go to Top of Page

Oil
Top Prospect

28 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  13:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No player was more overrated than Jason Blake. His salary is ridiculous for the number of goals he scores. Getting forty goals was just a fluke. Twenty goals is more in his abilities.
Go to Top of Page

Oil
Top Prospect

28 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2008 :  13:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No player was more overrated than Jason Blake. His salary is ridiculous for the number of goals he scores. Getting forty goals was just a fluke. Twenty goals is more in his abilities.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:19:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Oil

not saying you're wrong just a small tid bit the whole cancer thing might have affected his goals totals,, what about Dany Briere?? talk about overated!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

OvertimeMark11
Top Prospect

16 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  09:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
briere is definitely overrated! i hate hearing about that name!
Go to Top of Page

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  16:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Underrated is Pominville and overrated is Ales Hemsky.

http://i15.tinypic.com/4hvjlmh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page