Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 Why is the website slow right now? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9807
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  05:37:18  Reply with Quote
Takes me close to a minute to load each page/anything I click on high speed cable internet...and it's consistently that bad.

[EVERYONE PLEASE SEE ADMIN RESPONSES BELOW]

Guest2894
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  06:06:42  Reply with Quote
Same here!!! Because of the first day of playoff may be?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6292
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  06:38:56  Reply with Quote
I couldn't get all my entries in on time, had to finish this morning. Hope last night's points get assessed tonight.

My fault for waiting until just before the games started. But I blame my poolies for not agreeing on a draft time until... just before the games started.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3668
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  06:57:44  Reply with Quote
i think my biceps may be slowing down the site...my bad!
Go to Top of Page

Flames
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  08:02:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad this is so slow. My guess they were not ready for so many users. I hope the get this corrected soon.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  08:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gang,

unfortunately we have been hammered with more traffic than we ever imagined and it is amplified by the shorter signup window for the playoffs (compared to the regular season) so everyone is rushing to get their teams in. It's the set up of the pools that is so resourse intensive, once the rush is over it will begin to perform quickly again.

To be clear, the points are all retroactive to the start date set up in your pools. so it is ok to sign up or set up your pool after the playoffs have begun
Go to Top of Page

Flames
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  09:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds good. So as long as we have registered a pool, we will be able to enter teams and players later?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this is true.

AND new pools can still be created too. The points are always retroactive to the first day of the playoffs (or the custom date you may input)
Go to Top of Page

Guest8683
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  10:54:46  Reply with Quote
ADmin,

is there anything I have to do to have the retroactive points show up? I had entered a few teams prior to yesterdays games, but added a few more today, but there are not any points added as of yet to the newly created teams even though they played last night?
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8683

ADmin,

is there anything I have to do to have the retroactive points show up? I had entered a few teams prior to yesterdays games, but added a few more today, but there are not any points added as of yet to the newly created teams even though they played last night?

This is normal. The system refreshes once everyday at about 2am PST so when it does it's calculations tonight it will refresh your pool with the new data.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  12:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny how the system is so much faster now . . .

. . . must be a coincidence that it's after 3:30pm, and school's out.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest2525
( )

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  15:08:52  Reply with Quote
It's not allowing me to enter the player's names, when I type it up it just says "loading" and after an extended period of time an error message comes up..
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  22:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The site seems to be picking up speed now. I think we may be past the sign up rush.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page