Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canucks acquire some D Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  08:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a slow morning with only 3 trades. Chicago trading Todd Simpson to Montreal for a 6th round pick; Islanders trading Lukowich to the Devils for a 3rd round pick; Canucks acquire Sean Brown for a 4th round pick.

Who? I asked myself the same thing. All three were D-men and I know both Simpson and Lukowich, but Brown? I hope that is not the only move the Canucks make because I don't see how he is better than Steve McCarthy. Check out his career ststs here:
http://www.nhl.com/players/8462051.html

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  09:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not impressed with this move Nonis. There has got to be another move in the works. Simpson has a big contract and Brown makes the league minimum - both are unrestriceted next year so why not go after Simpson? We have thre cap room. Hopefully we get Witt.
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  10:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see how he helps Vancouver's defence. You were right pucker - Noronen is trade #2. maybe one more D man to come?
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  11:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we are both psychic - Carney is the 2nd defenceman. He is a good aquisition and will be solid for the Canucks during the playoffs. This article says he was acquired for an unspecified draft pick and prospect - I wonder who?

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h030933A
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  13:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all a waste of time. Canucks will fall early. Should have traded bert.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  13:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weinrich as well. Wow the Canucks defence went from really bad to really good. Sorry Blade but I see a deep run into the playoffs with these new additions.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  13:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hahaha. Yes you're right, the d is now HUGELY deep. And that is pretty important for the canucks since they play a very offensively miinded system. They'll need a strong d when the forwards cough it up. :-)

but at least the canucks made some moves, I'm a little concerned that the flames didn't make any. They need some secondary scoring badly but didn't pick anyone up.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2006 :  14:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most boring trade deadline of my life.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  10:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new D hasn't really helped yet. I never thought i would say this but - Thanks God for the Sedins! These guys should be the top line and Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi can be the fourth line until they start producing. The Sedins have taken a lot of abuse over the years but have worked really hard and earned the right to be the Canucks top line. Henrik leads the team in assists, points and +/-. They need some help if the Canucks are going to make the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  17:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought this post says the Cancucks picked up some D? huh?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page