Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Any Spark Left in the Flames? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  15:52:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Can the NHL's Calgary Flames hold off elimination this Sunday night against the San Jose Sharks?

Choices:

Yes
No

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  19:25:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its OVAAAAAA. ITS OVAAAA ladies and gentleman.

My sharks will take care of the flames with a 5-2 win. Mark my words.

So to answer the question. NO. Big Joe blew out the last little spark in game 5.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  07:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary didn't really play a bad game in SJ. I don't think the series is over per se, but I was talking to a friend of mine (Flames fan, so I am not sure how much of a friend he is) and I told him that the winner of the series was for certain the winner of Game 5.

With the Sharks ahead 3-2, it not completely over, but they don't have the up hill battle to climb. The need one while the Flames need two straight. The Flames have been far from consistant this season and the Sharks are pretty solid at home.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to game 7, but I still think the Sharks win. Actually, I am going to be in Calgary on Tuesday, so I would love to see the series go to 7. That way, I can watch the game at a sports bar in Calgary and giggle when all the Flames fans cry. I wouldn't laugh, because I might get some big burly biker kicking my head in. But I will be giggling!!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  08:27:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iginla will have 2 goals next game, the Flames will push game 7, from there on who knows
Go to Top of Page

Guest2355
( )

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  08:34:13  Reply with Quote
Flames should get game 6 at home. They're gonna play with some desperation and Kipper, who's been unreal for all but 1 game, should have another huge performance.

After that, like in any series, game 7 is a coin flip.
Go Flames!!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  20:23:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flames won game 6. Game 7 is in San Jose on Tuesday.

Poll finished with 124 votes "Yes", and 87 votes "No".
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  22:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Flames have been the more consistent team this series by far.
If Calgary's second and third line guys start to play I honestly don't think San Jose is a better team. They showed some life tonight and look what happened. Calgary wins.
Ron Wilson needs to stop juggling his lines. Stupid strategy. Does he honestly think he will confound Keenan?
Notes:
Iginla is phenomenal. I can't say enough about him. Best hockey player in the league right now.
Phaneuf has had Thornton and Marleau's numbers all series. One on one with those two guys, Phaneuf has won 90% of the battles. That's impressive. The Norris is his next year.

I can honestly say I haven't been this jazzed about hockey for many, many years.

GO FLAMES!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page