Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Most Valuable Player in the First Round Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2008 :  20:50:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
With the end of Round 1, which player was the most valuable to their team in the first round?

Choices:

Jose Theodore(Col)
Dan Elis(Nsh)
Daniel Briere(Phi)
Evgeni Malkin(Pit)
Alex Ovechkin(Was)
Evgeni Nabokov(SJ)
Jarome Iginal(Cal)
Marty Turco(Dal)
Nick Lidstrom(Det)
Other(Say who!)

Edited by - PainTrain on 04/23/2008 20:52:25

Guest4601
( )

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  01:17:01  Reply with Quote
Price (MTL) aside from his two bad periods he was amazing.
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  06:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw no one more impressive or who was more valuable to their team in the first series than Iginla. They may have lost but without him it would have been four straight not 7 games. The rest of the forwards didn't show up to play on that team.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  07:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its easy Marty Turco. Played great last year against Vancouver proved he wasnt a playoff bust. Stars and him just knocked off the defending champs and he made some beauty saves most notably the stick save on Selanne.

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  14:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 goalies come to mind for me. Fleury Turco and Theodore. briere was pretty good too stacking up 6 goals and 11 points.

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  17:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

I saw no one more impressive or who was more valuable to their team in the first series than Iginla. They may have lost but without him it would have been four straight not 7 games. The rest of the forwards didn't show up to play on that team.

I absolutely could not agree more. Jarome Iginla was the only reason that Calgary went to 7 games and he has proven again and again to be three things:

1) He is the best pure hockey player in the league today. No one can play both sides of the puck, physical and finesse better. No one.

2) He has more heart than almost anyone I can remember ever playing. Down 2 goals with 5 minutes left in the 3rd and he was playing every second shift as fresh as the first. He NEVER gives up.

3) He is one of the most likable guys in the league. He plays hard, plays with heart, and is the kind of guy that would pull up a stool at the bar and have a beer and laugh with a guy.

Jarome was the MVP of the first round with no one even a close 2nd.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  10:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Jarome being the most valuable. He carried that team not just by scoring but with his physical presence and his great leadership. Jose Theodore should also be up there. He played spectacular for the Avs in the first round!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  13:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MTL's 4th line, or Price ... I must also say Kessel, they didn't win but this guy scared me everytime he had the puck, he scared me just the same when he was on the ice and Savard had the puck.
Go to Top of Page

Timay
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  09:33:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say Ryane Clowe, just because Thornton, Cheechoo and Michalek weren't doing anything in the first half of the series. If it wasn't for Clowe, they would've been down a couple games early and unlikely to get back.

Phaneuf pher Norris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page