Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Bandwagon Buster Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  17:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9672

On behalf of all Philly fans:

Na-na-na-na. Na-na-na-na. Hey-hey-hey. Goodbye.

Hey where is all the Montreal bandwagon? How many have jumped off?

OK, so bandwagon buster doesn't exactly have the same pizzaz to it as ''ghost buster'' but what of it? I'm thinking that this forum would be a great way to end the notorious tradition of bandwaggoning dead in its tracks (not to say that I don't enjoy the odd 'wagoner here and there

But I think its time to come out of the closets and commit to a team once and for all. Either that, or stop hiding it and reveal the bandwaggoner within you.

I'll get this bad boy rolling. I am, was, will be a Habs fan. Even when they lost last year I enjoyed watching them play. A storied franchise with exciting passion and fans to go with it. They play with class and poise and build a team on speed and through their drafts and coaches, not through splashes at deadline day every year. Always fun to watch the divisional rivalries, even in losing seasons, although I think it is clear to all that the future is bright for the bleu blanc et rouge.

That was a start.

Everyone out there reading this, let it be told: this is an in-your-face, personal, offending challenge meant to meet controversy along the way. It's in the nature of being thirteen!

If you read this and do not either state what your team is through thick and thin, or at the very least admit you are a bandwagoner (which is by no means a bad thing. What's bad is the people who claim to be diehards of, say, the San Jose Sharks, while living in Toronto) than you have no business calling yourself a hockey fan. Pick a side, but don't sit on the sidelines boys! Those who stand for nothing fall for everything!

Prove me wrong

Check out the Alex Blog
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4028

Guest9672
( )

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  18:20:44  Reply with Quote
I was a Habs fan of the early 80s and 90s. But stopped following hockey like a religion due to life. Then the strike which left me bitter for over a year (where I had nothing to do with hockey). But the last two years, I've started to follow hockey but with no team to cheer for. I am teamless and follow good hockey.

So I am wagonless and continue to remain so. I don't think I will ever jump onto any again. BTW, the original post was not directed at you Alex but the new Hab fans that seemed to jump on board at the end of the season. That wagon was as crowded as the Metro in rush hour.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2552
( )

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  18:33:00  Reply with Quote
the flyers are going to put pittsburg down in 5 or 6 games.
FLYERS RULE
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9672

On behalf of all Philly fans:

Na-na-na-na. Na-na-na-na. Hey-hey-hey. Goodbye.

Hey where is all the Montreal bandwagon? How many have jumped off?

OK, so bandwagon buster doesn't exactly have the same pizzaz to it as ''ghost buster'' but what of it? I'm thinking that this forum would be a great way to end the notorious tradition of bandwaggoning dead in its tracks (not to say that I don't enjoy the odd 'wagoner here and there

But I think its time to come out of the closets and commit to a team once and for all. Either that, or stop hiding it and reveal the bandwaggoner within you.

I'll get this bad boy rolling. I am, was, will be a Habs fan. Even when they lost last year I enjoyed watching them play. A storied franchise with exciting passion and fans to go with it. They play with class and poise and build a team on speed and through their drafts and coaches, not through splashes at deadline day every year. Always fun to watch the divisional rivalries, even in losing seasons, although I think it is clear to all that the future is bright for the bleu blanc et rouge.

That was a start.

Everyone out there reading this, let it be told: this is an in-your-face, personal, offending challenge meant to meet controversy along the way. It's in the nature of being thirteen!

If you read this and do not either state what your team is through thick and thin, or at the very least admit you are a bandwagoner (which is by no means a bad thing. What's bad is the people who claim to be diehards of, say, the San Jose Sharks, while living in Toronto) than you have no business calling yourself a hockey fan. Pick a side, but don't sit on the sidelines boys! Those who stand for nothing fall for everything!

Prove me wrong

Check out the Alex Blog
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4028

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  19:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been Stars fan for 8 years and that is when I really started to watch and follow hockey. I've seen them win the cup, miss playoffs, have great regular seasons and then 1st round exits. I have stuck with them no matter what has happened and look at them now. Sure when they have gotten eliminated I cheer for the Canadian team in contention but that doesn't mean there not my favorite team. By the way if people are wondering how I started liking the Stars when I live in Canada its because my friend and I were Playing NHL 1999 and my friend said they were the best team in the league so we used them and ever since I've been a fan since.

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sharksfan
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  16:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading the different forums for about six months now and thought it was time to sign up and join in on the conversation.
I've been a Sharks fan since they came into the league in '91.I was at the impressionable young age of 13 at the time and my parents had just come back from a trip to California and gave me a new Sharks jersey.The jersey was alot nicer than the Flyers that I had been rooting for,so I made the switch.I live in Halifax,Nova Scotia and feel that no matter where you live you can be a fan of any team.
Am I a diehard fan? I beleive so.I felt like throwing up when Campbell took the tripping penalty and Morrow scored the winner to send us golfing.I went to work feeling like I had a hangover from watching the game,but I'd do it all again tonight if I could.
Am i a bandwagon jumper? Hell no.I'll still watch the playoffs,maybe Detroit and Dallas will beat up on each other so much that neither team will be able to move on...that would be great.For now I'll just have to cheer for the local kid..............I think his last name is Crosby.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  16:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with G 9672 when he says na na na na na na na na hey hey hey GOODBYE because i falt out hate hab fans(except for alex lol and HBF and habs memebrs on the site). every time the habs get penalized they boo. every time they score s*** goals they go crazy. and. when they knock a team out of the playoffs they say that stupid chant. im glad to see the 3rd bigggest losers(my opinion) in the NHL get knocked out to see those stupid habs fans cry their eyes out!

Leafsfan_94

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/07/2008 15:35:48
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  15:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was about 11 years old and I didn't have a favourite team. In one of the playoff pools I decided to go with the Sabres. Since I picked a lot of their players I started to watch some of their games. I really liked how they played, a fast exciting type of game. I was rooting for them for the whole playoffs, I went nuts when Jason Pomminville scored the game winning goal to beat Ottawa out of the playoffs and when they lost to the Canes I was angry as hell. I decided that they were still my team and I would cheer for them. I'm not gonna jump off my team even if though they didn't make the playoffs. I'm a Sabres fan and I'm proud of it!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  16:46:38  Reply with Quote
Um I fail to see the point but im an E-Town fan for life.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  10:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any and every time Edmonton is playing I will cheer for Edmonton. EVERY TIME!

However, if Edmonton is not playing I cheer for who ever I feel like. Most often the underdog, but regardless. For example. I would cheer for Phoenix over LA. Next time they play, I might cheer for LA over Phoenix.

And that does not make me a bandwagon jumper. It makes me a hockey fan. I am not a fan of a team when my team is not playing, I am a fan of the sport.

Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  22:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been a Nuck fan my whole life, we'll actually like since i was 4 and I will never stop being a Nucks fan. My second favorite team is the Edmonton Oilers, I started being a Oilers fan since I was like 8.I obviously cheer for Nucks when they play Oil but I always stand behind them two teams. When they aren't playing I usually do go for the underdog team like Beans. Even though my favorite player was Bertuzzi until he did that lil dumb sucker punch on Moore. I still have standed behind my team Nucks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page