Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Brunnstrom Acquired Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  13:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabian Brunnstrom has been acquired by the dallas stars...Just thought Id shout it out...

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  13:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to a TSN article confirming this...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237147&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_nhl

Looks like Dallas beat out Montreal, Detroit, Calgary, Anaheim and Toronto. For him it's probably a good choice, a solid team but a place where there is room to crack the roster. Terms of the deal have yet to be released.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  16:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I read it is an entry level deal worth about $2 million.

Not sure what the hoopla is about this kid. Sure, he had a great year two years ago but last year he has 37 points in 54 games. And this is the Swedish league, not the NHL.

Might turn out gold, might not. Huge deal over potential in my eyes.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  19:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brett Hull great player even better GM ?

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  19:27:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyway I don't much about this kid only that Mckenzie and Dreger are constantly saying how great he is. Lets hope it works out.

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  19:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Technically its considered a 875k contract with bonuses that can make him reach 2 mil for Brunnstrom. 875k is peanuts in the NHL, and if he proves himself and earns his bonuses then the contract is well worth it. It's a win-win for Dallas, and any team that picks him up. That small contract and his potential is a good deal for any team in the league.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6936
( )

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  02:34:11  Reply with Quote
I've been reading forums all year. I know most people hate the leafs, but seriously, when are we going to get a break. I mean come on, we deserve something and i was hoping brunnstrom might be it. Oh well, back to mediocre s*** I guess :(
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  08:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs need significantly more than an player with offensive potential to improve. They are one of the few teams in the league that need improvement in every skating position. I think their goaltending is solid and have two capable tenders with another one or two in the wings. However, if you take Kaberle and Sundin off that team, with all due respect, the are a below average AHL team. If Sundin does not come back this season or gets injured, they are destined for the #1 draft pick in 2009.

Back to the topic at hand, I have been very impressed with the job that Hull has done in Dallas. Bringing in Brad Richards, he was in the short list for Forsberg, and now the pick up of this young Swede. I think Hull has done enough this year to become the sole GM. We shall see how he manages the off season with the draft and players such as Norstrom, Miettinen, Barnes, and Hagman as UFA's. He's also got a potential Norris type stud defensemen in Fistric waiting in the wings.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4416
( )

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  23:39:18  Reply with Quote
He's proven nothing yet..
there are so many players out there with 'potential'... this guy is no different. The guy is 23... might turn out to be a 3rd line... 2nd line player if he's lucky.
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  07:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237420&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

How does Brunnstrom get all this attention, and then Detroit signs the 24 year old MVP of the Finnish Ellite league, and it draws little attention?
Go to Top of Page

Guest7418
( )

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  12:10:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pensfan17

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=237420&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

How does Brunnstrom get all this attention, and then Detroit signs the 24 year old MVP of the Finnish Ellite league, and it draws little attention?

Don't forget that Steve Kariya let the Finnish Elite league in scoring and was their MVP too... and Martin wasnt too far behind that....

"There is apples... then there are bananas."
Go to Top of Page

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  19:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The Leafs need significantly more than an player with offensive potential to improve. They are one of the few teams in the league that need improvement in every skating position. I think their goaltending is solid and have two capable tenders with another one or two in the wings. However, if you take Kaberle and Sundin off that team, with all due respect, the are a below average AHL team. If Sundin does not come back this season or gets injured, they are destined for the #1 draft pick in 2009.

Back to the topic at hand, I have been very impressed with the job that Hull has done in Dallas. Bringing in Brad Richards, he was in the short list for Forsberg, and now the pick up of this young Swede. I think Hull has done enough this year to become the sole GM. We shall see how he manages the off season with the draft and players such as Norstrom, Miettinen, Barnes, and Hagman as UFA's. He's also got a potential Norris type stud defensemen in Fistric waiting in the wings.

I'm still liking that Komisaurus is rubbin' it in Toronto's face that they, yet again, lost out on a player that would have helped them.

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page