Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2008 PLayoffs - Philadelphia - Pittsburgh Series Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  06:26:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talk about the series...

Edited by - willus3 on 05/21/2008 15:23:04

barrett.oliver
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  07:54:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philly would have had trouble enough with Kimmo Timonen, but with the blood clot he has been diagnosed with......is a huge blow to the blue line. Does Philly even think they have a chance of beating PIttsburg
Go to Top of Page

Guest6140
( )

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  11:07:02  Reply with Quote
Philly had seven 20 goal scorers in the regular season (not including R.J. Umberger) and 12 players with 30+ points. Pittsburgh had five 20 goal scorers and just 7 players with 30+ points.

I unfortunately made the mistake of picking washington to win the first round in my pool but at this point with the Flyers having such a balanced attack which dismantled Montreal and with Pittsburgh having only played 2 teams with key injuries...

Does anyone even think that Pittsburgh has a chance of beating Philidelphia?
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  16:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for this series. These two teams hate eachother and it will be very physical and entertaining. Losing Kimmmo Timmonen will hurt the Flyers but I still think they can be a team and give Pittsburgh a run for their money. Pittsburgh hasn't faced adversity that much at all and we don't know how they will do. This will be an interesting series. I'll leave you with this,"When the going gets tough, the tough get going" Now who is the more tougher team? It's those Flyers.
Go to Top of Page

barrett.oliver
Top Prospect

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  12:45:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PainTrain, I'm just curious how you thought that Pittsburg hadn't faced much adversity? What about loosing their starting goalie to a high ankle sprain? Then loosing their superstar Crosby to the same high ankle sprain? Also loosing one of their veteran Grit players Roberts to a broken leg.
The first round of the playoffs they have to face the team whom took away the playoffs last year too. This had to have been going through some of the players minds over the wait to start these playoffs.
I know that it likely didn't concern the players too much, but the managment had almost an entire season to worry about the team even being in the same state. I know this has occured over this past season, but this team hasn't been together long enough to bounce back from anything more than this season.
With all of this said they came over this adversity brilliantly, and with Coburn gone until he can see out of his eye again, Jones can't defend the Philidelphia zone all by himself. Philidelphia is and excellent team, full of grit, but Pittsburgh is a machine, obviously programmed to destroy any other hockey team in the playoffs.
They better watch out for Detroit though, they're a force to be reckoned with! Bring on the Cup Finals!!

Barrett Oliver
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page