Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canucks Done? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  08:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now in 8th spot in the West the Canucks better turn things around quick before they end up like the Leafs - on the outside looking in.

Its all about leadership here. Naslund is definitely not the rah rah type that will rally the troops, but instead leads by example. Latley his exapmle of zero points in the last 6 games is an embarrassment.

It's getting to the point where I can't even watch them play anymore - its that bad.

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  10:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might as well kiss the playoffs good bye their bud.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  11:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I'm hearing this!? Where's the support?! I mean come on guys, we all know that our boys have some issues with consistency and finishing off the other teams, but we're just at a really low level confidence-wise at the moment. I'll admit, it is fairly unbearable to watch them go down 5-0 to Nashville... I mean, we just can't lose like that. As they say, sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to start climbing back up. Losing 5-0 is pretty damn low...

Our big line is an embarrassment at the moment, I agree, but at least Naslund is trying every shift. Bertuzzi and Morrison should be benched for their play... absolutely horrid. CROW NEEDS TO TAKE CHARGE AND RALLY THE TROOPS. I mean, come on! Lets get some emotion out of this! All he's saying is, "We need to focus on the positives and not the negatives..." Buddy, you just lost 5-0, there's nothing positive out of that other than some energetic shifts from your guys that resulted in pretty much nothing. Hot goalie or not, we need to score goals. As we've heard all year, if we get our top six firing on all cylinders (Nazzy, Bert, Mo, Sedins and Carter) it will be the most lethal 1-2 punch in the entire league... bar none.

I give the Nucks 5 more games to pick it up, if they don't it will be very hard to stay up on a rejuvanated Edmonton team... and with Anaheim and San Jose in desperation mode, we need to step up.

LETS SEE THE SUPPORT!
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  16:22:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How's this for support...Flames down the Canucks in the first round in 5 games. That's assuming your boys even make the playoffs. ya ya, I know it hurts but I'm just telling it like it is. Don't hate the messenger.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  08:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Nazzy, if you give them 5 games to get it together - they will be out of the playoff race for sure. And Crawford's statement "We need to focus on the positives and not the negatives..." is him stroking the media. I guarantee he is in the room ripping these overpaid chumps. I'm sorry but with Anaheim having 3 games on us - we need to pick it up now - not in 5 games.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  18:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand Crawford's "stroking the media" statement, but whatever he's doing behind the scenes isn't working... especially on the top line. I'm in no way saying this is Crawford's problem, far from it. I'm saying that whatever IS being said or done behind the scenes isn't exactly rallying the troops at the moment. In any major sports franchise, that motivation tends to start at the top and trickle down. What I'm thinking is that the top line thinks they're above whatever Crawford may be saying at the moment. It's up to the players in the end to turn things around, and I just hope to s*** that it happens very soon.

I threw 5 games out there as a take at this really: 5 games to make or break their playoff chances. You're right, if in 5 games they don't have a turnaround, they're going to be done... or at least very close. I'm saying that if in the next 5 games they can turn things around and maybe win 3-4 of those, we can see some playoff action most likely.

I'm just plain worried really, nothing more than that.

(by the way, a little side note: NuckH8R, you better not even bother replying to any of these playoff-type threads, because, well... nevermind. go wild!)
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2006 :  23:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well if thats not an open invitation to trash your team, I don't know what is. You know what.... I won't say a thing. Looks like you guys have ripped them enough. Way to stand behind your team during a tough time guys - let me know when your back on the wagon and then I might enjoy crapping on your pathetic little team.

Booyahkasha!
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2006 :  09:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay Wild!!!!
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  20:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Blade, sorry about the 9-4 loss tonight. Ha Ha. And NuckH8R, are you seriously a Wild fan? How can you knock the Canucks? Last I checked, the Wild were last place in the Division.
Go to Top of Page

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  23:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah 9-4, that sucked. But the Flames won tonight and the Canucks took a beating against the Detroit machine. Flames are in 1st and Canucks are now TIED for last place with the Ducks so the universe is unfolding as it should.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  05:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GO SHARKS! :)
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  09:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Sharks will make it for sure. Joe Thornton is on a roll and San Jose should pass LA and Vancouver - especially with the games in hand.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  10:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Atta boy.
Go to Top of Page

wentworthhumpers
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  18:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nazzy_19

Yay Wild!!!!

what does that even mean? who likes the wild, they used to be one of the worst teams in the league along with the blue jackets hahahahaah blue jackets...come on.
and we cant even beat THE BLUE JACKETS??? what is this?
face it...we suck...naslund is overrated.
bertuzzi is overrated and takes pointless penalties.
and im not even going to start on jovo and morisson.
the only hot one on the team is anson carter anyway hahah JOKING!
cleary its park.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2006 :  22:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! good rant!!!! Good on ya wentworthhumpers. Canucks just dropped into 9th. Ouch!!!! I'm with babs, GO SHARKS! or LA or Anaheim!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page