Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Gold Medal IIHF Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  16:26:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who will win the gold at the IIHF World Championships on Sunday?

Choices:

Canada
Russia

Edited by - Alex on 05/16/2008 16:28:00

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2008 :  16:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will be close. Canada has looked undisipline at times and Russia will capitilize on Powerplays so hopefully Canada will stay out of the box. Im saying Canada wins 6-4.

Stars for the Cup!
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  00:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im going to have to say Russia 5-4 OT, cause Canada barely beat the young inexeperienced Sweden team and Russia has some top guns that can really put the biscuit in the basket, by they way I'm not a traitor!!

Good defense is good offense!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  06:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Im going to have to say Russia 5-4 OT, cause Canada barely beat the young inexeperienced Sweden team and Russia has some top guns that can really put the biscuit in the basket, by they way I'm not a traitor!!

personnaly i agree with you the only way Can can come out on top is if Cam stands on his head and well he just never instills a lot of confidence in me personally the goalie i'd go with is Garon, he i feel could steal the game,,, Canada needs to take advantage of Russia's Goaltending lasp and like i said Canada's goalie has to step up big

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  09:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretournament I had Canada as favourites for the gold but now I think russia is a class above Canada. Must say I´m a bit dissapointed in this years version of team Canada.

If Lundqvist had played the semi-final healthy I´m pretty sure Canada wouldn´t be playing the final and that against one of the weakest Tre Kronor of the past 20 years.

Btw I would give the big heavy Canadian forwards a perfect 10 cause thats the best diving I have ever seen including the summer olympics.

If Bykov can keep Kovalchuk on the bench or preferably as far away from the rest of team russia as possible they will keep the good team game they surprised me with in the semi against Finland.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  11:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]

If Bykov can keep Kovalchuk on the bench or preferably as far away from the rest of team russia as possible they will keep the good team game they surprised me with in the semi against Finland.

could you explain this a little more to me i havn't noticed this??

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  11:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
canada

russia doesnt have the heart

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  11:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and canada is probably a better team, but did any of you see russia's game last night. i know they can pass very well lol that was an nice goal.

sorry its not in english

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhQxgKaums

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  06:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
[i]

Pasty

It´s not written in stone but just my opinion. Russian superstars have had difficulty playing constructive hockey together for a long time. Kovalchuk doesn´t seem to get along with Ovechkin and the last couple of games he made the russian powerplay easy to read when it in the end was all about to give the puck to Kovalchuk to take the shot. He has seemed to be a bad influence on the team. I´m not surprised if Kovalchuk starts on the bench in the final.

The best player in russia so far as I´m concerned is Morozov and his AK Bars Kazan line from the russian leage. He´s also the guy who make the other players get along, and is spreading a "good feeling" in the team.

The russians have the better goalie and d-men. And if they are clicking they have the edge in forwards over Canada in my opinion.

However team Canada has as usual a big advantage in the refs. It´s a well known fact that refs tend to fall under the pressure and judge in favor of Canada especially when they meet weaker/not so established nations. And to prove I´m not just trying to stir things up or be an ass in general the refs who are judging the final are from sweden.

Edit: Ok I may sound a bit too negative about team Canada who still is a great team but most people on this site are great in favor for Canada so I´m just trying to balance things a bit, no offence.

Edited by - I´m also Cånädiön on 05/18/2008 07:40:46
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  08:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

quote:
[i]

Pasty

It´s not written in stone but just my opinion. Russian superstars have had difficulty playing constructive hockey together for a long time. Kovalchuk doesn´t seem to get along with Ovechkin and the last couple of games he made the russian powerplay easy to read when it in the end was all about to give the puck to Kovalchuk to take the shot. He has seemed to be a bad influence on the team. I´m not surprised if Kovalchuk starts on the bench in the final.

The best player in russia so far as I´m concerned is Morozov and his AK Bars Kazan line from the russian leage. He´s also the guy who make the other players get along, and is spreading a "good feeling" in the team.

The russians have the better goalie and d-men. And if they are clicking they have the edge in forwards over Canada in my opinion.

However team Canada has as usual a big advantage in the refs. It´s a well known fact that refs tend to fall under the pressure and judge in favor of Canada especially when they meet weaker/not so established nations. And to prove I´m not just trying to stir things up or be an ass in general the refs who are judging the final are from sweden.

Edit: Ok I may sound a bit too negative about team Canada who still is a great team but most people on this site are great in favor for Canada so I´m just trying to balance things a bit, no offence.

I can agree on the goaltending being better on the russian squad only if Canada insist on playing Ward and Leclaire our best goalie is not even Dressing Mathieu Garon he would give us the edge goaltending, unlike most people i would argue Canada has the better forwards, Nash Heatly Geztlaf will dominate any forward line anyteam puts out there ,, why not just because they are all just as talented or because they all measure over 6 ft and know how to throw their weight around but because they mesh extremly well together paticularly Geztlaf and Nash then you have guys like Eric Staal who again are far more complete then any of the Russian Forwards then the charactor guys like chimera, all in all i think Canada just has to play their game and they will own russia,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  14:32:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey you got the score right! Congrats! To bad Canada didn´t win but they played well. It was one great, entertaining game to watch.

Kovalchuk who hadn´t scored a goal and played really bad earlier games got to be the hero with 2 goals.

The swedish refs didn´t do a good job at all in the first period in my opinion most notably by not taking a penalty just before Canada made it 2-1. But the remaining two periods was ok, not that many penalties and the game could be played largely uninterrupted.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  19:58:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow good job man. Was it luck or can you tell the future?

Either way, well done.

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  00:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I did lol. What a lucky educational guess! Oh I dont know I could just see the young dangerous Russian team coming over the experienced Canada team in a dramatic finish.

Edited by - Datsyuk 1 on 05/19/2008 00:04:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page