Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Crosby or Malkin? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  15:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Not sure if there has been a thread like this but with after the interesting discussion in the MALKIN and the penguins thread I was wondering which one of them you would build your team around.
If I were a GM I'd personally build around Crosby. I said in the other thread that I thought they were equal but with Crosby as Beans said he never takes a shift off. Malkin has looked like he's not playing like he can some games but yet still consistently puts points up on the board. Example gets on break away looks dog tired takes slapshot and scores. Its a toughy but I like the guy who works his ass off every night.

Stars for the Cup!

Choices:

Crosby
Malkin

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well crosby and malkin are both very talented young players. but theres a difference. crosby can score goals and set up goals. basically he can do every part of hockey.. except maybe fight, even though he beat up andrew ference. malkin. all he basicallly does is score. he gets assists to. but who doesnt when you play with guys like. crosby,staal,hossa,sykora.malone etc.

but when it all comes down to it im going to have to say Sid the Kid.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  17:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Might want to be careful about saying Malkin is not a playmaker, because he is. Sure he gets assists?? How about 6th in the league???

Malkin is a tank, he plays very well in the corners, he is incredibly creative with the puck, and he is a better goal scorer that Crosby is. I am not saying that Crosby is not what Malkin is, but he doesn't have the size and strength that Malkin does.

I would say Crosby, but only because Malkin will take shifts and/or nights off from time to time. If Malkin showed the heart that Crosby(or Ovechkin) does night in and night out, I would take Malkin.

Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  20:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take Sidney Crosby. I would take him because you know he wants to be the best player in the world. And by player it doesn't mean offensvily but defensivily and offensivily. He wants to become a solid two way player. Where Malkin will never consider that.

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  12:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Completeley agree with Paintrain...Malkin is pretty lazy defensively, Crosby obviously still has to work on his defensive game but he is already further developed than Malkin in that department...
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  13:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Malkin's sake I will reply here....

Crosby is more marketable -there is no doubt about that and the NHL is doing a good job of overshadowing Malkin.

I feel the opposite of some of the earlier posts - I think Crosby has been the slower one to go back on defense (On HNIC they said he isnt going back as much as usual because he may actually be injured)

Malkin gets the points, the goals, the assists and more importantly shows equal emotion whether he gets a point on the goal or not.

You may not agree with all of this but here is my opinion:
If both were Canadian Malkin would get most of the votes in this poll.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  08:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that Malkin has to develope defensively but he's just so strong. He can carry the puck with one arm all the way down the ice pushing defensemen out of the way. He's my ideal playoff go-to guy. Crosby is a great player, but Malkin has matured faster.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4375
( )

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  11:16:40  Reply with Quote
I would take Crosby in a heartbeat, Crosby said "I want to be the best player possible". enough said, people say that Malkin is stronger, but Crosby has one of the most powerful skating strides ever
Go to Top of Page

Guest9655
( )

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  12:08:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4375

I would take Crosby in a heartbeat, Crosby said "I want to be the best player possible". enough said, people say that Malkin is stronger, but Crosby has one of the most powerful skating strides ever

Just because Crosby said "I want to be the best player possible", that automatically makes you want him over Malkin? Maybe Malkin said the same thing, but is he going to get any press for it? Of course not! The NHL is trying too hard to "embiggen" crosby.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6058
( )

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  13:18:38  Reply with Quote
Crosby for sure! He's probably the hardest player to knock off the puck, he sets up plays that no one would ever even think of, and he makes everyone around him better. It doesn't matter if he has less goals than Malkin or Ovechkin because he almost always does the right thing with the puck and creates so many more scoring chances. He's more creative and stronger on his skates than Malkin. Just a way smarter player. Best player in the league, bar none!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  15:13:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to compare Malkin and Crosby.

Shooting: Malkin
Skating:Crosby
Stick Handling:Crosby
Strengh:Crosby
Smarts:Crosby
Passing:Crosby
Better Attitude:Crosby
Natural scoring:Malkin
Defensively: This one is tough, but I have to give it to Crosby because he is doing much better at faceoffs and is back checking and he doesn't turn the puck over that much. That one could go either way between the two.

So I think it shows that Crosby is better. And take into note that Crosby still wants to get better.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  15:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I just want to compare Malkin and Crosby.

Shooting: Malkin
Skating:Crosby
Stick Handling:Crosby
Strengh:Crosby
Smarts:Crosby
Passing:Crosby
Better Attitude:Crosby
Natural scoring:Malkin
Defensively: This one is tough, but I have to give it to Crosby because he is doing much better at faceoffs and is back checking and he doesn't turn the puck over that much. That one could go either way between the two.

So I think it shows that Crosby is better. And take into note that Crosby still wants to get better.

has anyone else noticed that when malkin is haveing a rough night or being checked hard by an oppsoing team his atitude turns into a tempormental 12 year olds,?? he starts takeing cheap shots at players well out of the play for no reason other then his mood ,, he takes horrible penalties

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  16:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man since the Ranger series Malkin hasn't looked the same. And last night I barely noticed him except when he was turning the puck over. And Sidney Crosby was the best Penguin on the ice. Another reason why I would take Crosby.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page