Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Trivia & Other Games
 Why are the forums soo dry? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:17:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering why the forums are soo dry. I have been here what like 1 week for my return and there are like noo replys after I post something. Can someone plz fill me in!

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:24:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No worries Datsyuk 1, this happens every year at this time, the traffic tapers off. We're close to the finals and that means that 90% of people are no longer contenders in their pools so they don't come back to check their nhl hockey pool stats as much. Not to mention with the weather turning nice more people are switching gears into summer mode...which means less hockey

This year though is much more active compared to last year but that is because our site traffic is up about 30%.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:33:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lately I've been actully posting alot and I've relized the lack of activity but I've also noticed alot of new members have joined so thats great. The forums will be incredibly dull when its summer time and everyoone is out on the golf course!

Stars for the Cup!
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:34:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh ok thank you Leigh, knew there was something going on. By the way are the forums really empty when it is summer?? Oppps mb didn't see Gostartsgo12 post.

Edited by - Datsyuk 1 on 05/19/2008 16:35:29
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:36:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably will be pretty dry. I expect it only to be really busy on July 1st and throughout the summer when people are reporting the news of big free agent signings. I won't be posting as much in summer though because I will be posting in my Toronto Blue Jays forum on a different site.

Stars for the Cup!

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 05/19/2008 16:38:52
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  16:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the summer is much slower through July and August. It starts to pick up again in September. But last summer wasn't too bad, all things considered. I expect this summer will be even more active than last (but by no means as busy as it is in the winter!)

GoStarsGo12 is correct. When the signings happen we get spikes of activity.

I hope you all drop by during the summer. Let's see if we can keep the forums reasonably active!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page