Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Det Top 2 VS. Pitt Top 2 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  16:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
If you could chose between Henrik Zettterberg and Pavel Datsyuk or Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin, who would you chose?

Choices:

Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk
Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malking

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  17:27:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
crosby and malkin for sure. there flat out better

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest4104
( )

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  19:04:25  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

Leafsfan_94

No, you are wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  19:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and u give little fat kids slurpies

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4104

quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

Leafsfan_94

No, you are wrong.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  19:27:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok maybe there not FLAT OUT better but there better then both of em

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  08:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally disagree with you Crosby and Malkin have a bit better offensive skills but all around Zetterberg and Datsyuk are clearly better.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  15:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would take Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Reason being is that they are both offensively gifted and defensively strong. Where Crosby and Malkin aren't so good in the defensive end. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are putting up over 90 points, which is very good but they're also killing penalties and they're nominees for the Lady Byng Trophy. They are more complete players then Crosby and Malkin and they are a big reason to the success of the Red Wings.

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2008 :  18:37:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya gotta think though, Crosby and Malkin play on diff lines and Datsyuk and Zetterberg play on the same line. Both have advantages and disadvantages.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  01:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

Ya gotta think though, Crosby and Malkin play on diff lines and Datsyuk and Zetterberg play on the same line. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

I would pick Z and Pav. They have great chemistry together.
Just a thought; it´s possible they are better team players than Malkin and Crosby. Whenever Zetterberg is on the national team it just takes seconds for him to play well with his linemate whoever it may be.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6140
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  06:49:55  Reply with Quote
Datsyuk and Zetterburg.

They kill penalties, play powerplays, dominate even strength, the whole deal. And look at what they are doing in the finals - staying away from further glory to play a defensive roll...unbelievable.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  06:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry that was me above... forgot to login
Go to Top of Page

Guest7397
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  07:01:19  Reply with Quote
Z and D no question.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5372
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  15:28:19  Reply with Quote
I don't think people are giving Zetterberg and Datsuyk as individuals enough credit. These are guys are great individually and combined together they are greater than their individual sums. Because of this fact people discredit them as individual talent, which is a sin. Individually, they are the top 10 forwards in the league. Combined, they are arguably #1 or 2 tandem in the NHL.

Personally, I rank Datsuyk and Zetterberg as individuals above Malkin but both lower (not by much) to Sid, Jarome and Lecavalier. Why? Because they are better all over the ice. Their offensive output is less than Malkin but their defensive and face off skills, desire and effort far exceed anything Malkin has shown to date. They are just so much more complete as a player than Malkin.

I'll give you another Detroit duo for you dissection: Lidstrom and Rafalski. Together they are better than the individual sums. You can't say that either would not be as good as other top league defensemen. But together I would argue that they are better than Pronger and Niedermeyer or any other defensive pairing in the league today.

It just seems that Detroit has a bunch of other highly touted duos. Maybe it is the system. I mean Kronwall-Stuart and Draper-McCarty are another fine examples of awesome Detroit duos who are greater than their individual sums. But make no mistake, individually, each and everyone of them are a hell of a hockey player.
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  20:23:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Lidstrom is the best player on he wings
Why isnt he included?
Go to Top of Page

Bozy
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  07:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg and Datyuk r about equal or maybe a little bit less skilled in the offence zone but they r much better in the defence zone so I choose Datsyuk and Zetterberg
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  19:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To me, there are a few wildcard factors in this one.

A) Can Malkin keep it up? We saw glimpses of major attitude when things didn't go his way. For some reason he only finds his grove working has a lone wolf. We wouldn't want to imagine that he would let all that natural talent fall by the wayside... but it's happened before to other countrymen and something tells me it will happen again with him. (For the record, I let him go and picked Datsyuk over him in my pool)

B) Will Datsyuk and Zetterberg ever split up? It's clear, at least to me, that individually Crosby is the best of the four. Together, it would have to be the Detroit duo. The question becomes, are they dependent on each other? Can they succeed alone? Ultimately I don't think Holland will give us the luxury of finding out, because he's on top of his signings like the white on a golf ball. These two are destined to play out their careers, or the bulk of them, together. However, it makes an interesting argument.

Proudly Celebrating Over 50 Blogs and Counting
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  09:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

I totally disagree with you Crosby and Malkin have a bit better offensive skills but all around Zetterberg and Datsyuk are clearly better.

agreed. but i think that crosby and malkin's all around skills improve from season to season, so you never know how long that could last.

as of right now, my choice is the euro-twins. for the future, i'd probably vote sid and malkin.
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2008 :  09:18:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hockster

Wow Lidstrom is the best player on he wings
Why isnt he included?

Yes he is, but if you look, I think we're talking about the dangerous duos of the four players, not the best player on one of their teams. But you could make you're own poll like "Lidstrom vs. Gonchar" or "Lidstrom and Rafalski vs. Pronger and Neidermayer" or something and that would be a pretty good debate. =P

Edited by - baimerr on 08/21/2008 09:19:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page