Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Wake Up, Sid! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  07:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or does this entire series depend directly on Sidney Crosby? He, like all Penguins, has been invisible on the scoresheet. If he doesn't wake up today and realize that his team is counting on him then he doesn't deserve to be their captain. He has the talent, the determination, the secondary scoring, he just needs to get on the scoresheet to jump-start the Pens and give them some life and get them back in the game. It may already be too late (down 2-0) but a series could be made out of this.

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  09:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just from watching the games I think that Sid the Kid is the only Penguin doing something. Malkin is playing brutal and Hossa is invisible. Crosby is by far the best Penguin but no one else is working. They need to get behind him and rally back into this series!

When the going gets tough....the tough get going!
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  10:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fleury may also have to steal a game for the Pens. He hasn'y been bad, but merely decent. He is getting outplayed by his counterpart Osgood, the diver. Marc - Andre will have to come up big in at least one game if they want to have a chance at the cup.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  11:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby has played well, I think most people would agree with that but this is the stanley cup finals and he has to play even better. (0 points?? no matter how well he is playing he is capable of better)

I think its funny that pengiuns fans are complaining about diving instead of the other way around for a change However, whether Osgood flopped or not they were both legitimate penalties and he has been unbelievable. (and theres no way the calls going the other way would have made a difference anyways)
Go to Top of Page

Guest9031
( )

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  11:55:57  Reply with Quote
you guys need to stop analizing crosby and realize its his first stanley cup debut and he has more pressure on him than anyone in the playoffs. The wings are more experienced and an all around better team!! this is going to be the first time a european captain has won the cup and if its anyone im glad its Lidstrom!! GO WINGS GO!!!
I called it wings in 6 before the conference finals but it could be much faster than that.... and Malkin is better than crosby!
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  20:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby in my mind has done great against these wings! He is getting shadowed fighting through all of the checkers and he is very young soo give him a break he is doing over expectations in my mind for how young he is in a stanley cup final vs a very experienced and talented team.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  01:41:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sid had a good game in Game #2. 6 shots, I believe...in on the play a lot...couple of sweet passes...showing a little grit at times...

Detroit just has a great team system that is dominant over the Pens system (or lack of a system).

I am the only person I know that picked Detroit in five. I have no crystal ball, I just know that since these 2 teams haven't played an NHL game against eachother in over 2 years, that the team that loses first is going to take a couple games to figure out the other team...and since Detroit has a very successful style to go along with home-ice advantage, that means they are the team that will go up 2-0 or 3-0 and coast to a five game victory.
Pittsburgh will win one home game, and that's it.

Don't feel too bad for the Pens though...they will win one soon...just not this year.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  05:27:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Sid heard ya . . . two goals and a victory, boom boom!

I agree with most here - Crosby was playing quite well, but not up to his dominating potential. Game 3, he was the man (as well as Fleury, I have to say).

If the Pens can have a few more guys play up to their very top potential, this series could actually turn interesting . . . especially after it looked like it was done already!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest9536
( )

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  17:28:51  Reply with Quote
Wake up sid? how about "wake up Malkin!"

i need him to start getting back on track and pull me back into first place in my hockey pool!
Go to Top of Page

Timay
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  23:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin has caused more damage to the Pens than good. I don't know why he is still getting powerplay time or even on the second line! They should've bumped him down to the third or fourth line and given Staal the chance to play with Malone and Sykora. If I was coach Therrien I would've taken some ice time away until he shows some damn heart.

Ovechkin for Hart and...

Phaneuf pher Norris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page