Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Oil vs Canucks - What a game! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2006 :  22:46:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was fortunate enough to have tickets for this game and I have to say it was one of the best games I've seen in a long time. Nice end to end action. A couple of hotties on the jumbo tron, and the shoot out drama was unreal. Now I hate the idea of the shoot out but I have to admit it was pretty intense in that building. They even had to go upstairs on the Ryan Smyth shot. And it came down to the last shooter to decide it. Very surreal. Bert, Ruuts and Nazzy all potted one.

Oil 3 - Canucks 4.

Yet another 3 point game in the West. :-)

Go Flames!

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That has got to be the first reviewed shootout goal of the year. They took like ten minutes and finally called it a goal. Ruttu's moves were unreal on the shootout.

Flames Suck.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  10:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should follow suit and start a new thread for every Sharks' game :P

I don't want to hear about last night, it was a game they were allowed to lose and if they lose once every 10 or so games, I'm sure they're just fine.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  11:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Babs, I think I could hear the waiver in your voice and almost picture the tears at the corners of your sad little eyes. Let the fantasy go buddy. The Sharks will not make the playoffs this year.

Cheechoo looks like he was going to cry in the penalty box last night too. LOL!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  13:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Won't make the playoffs eh? Well you sound quite confident the Canucks will. Too bad they're only 4 points up on the Sharks who have 3 games in hand. I guess we'll see who will make it and who won't when the Sharks and Canucks have a home-and-home going into the last few games of the season. We'll see then who will have the tears in their eyes.

:)
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2006 :  15:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You have mistaken me for a Canucks fan...I will make sure that never happens again. I just happen to live in Vancouver.

Go Flames!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  09:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all Canucks fans:

I remember San Jose winning and Vancouver losing last night...

2 points back with 3 games in hand....ouch!
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  05:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Follow-up:

Who's out of the playoff spot?

;)
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  08:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK its pretty obvious that you are a complete bandwagoner if "your team" is now the Sharks. Come on dude, where do you live? Its not San Jose. Is it that you are too cowardly to admit that you are a Leafs fan and that you jumped ship once they started playing like crap. Win or lose I stand behind the Canucks. As painful as it is and as terrible as they sometimes are, there is no way I am going to all of a sudden become a Carolina Hurricane fan just because they are playing well lately.

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  10:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHA!

See that would make sense, except for the fact that you don't know me. I've been a Sharks fan probably since 2002. This is when I started to notice that this team had potential and that they were going to become a playoff-contending, even possibly a Stanley Cup-winning team. Though during this time I was more avidly a Leafs fan. Since then, these two teams have gone in completely different directions. Toronto started paying undeserving guys huge contracts and they became a team for "Now" only. They started trading for oldies (Leetch, Nolan, Nieuwendyk etc.) and gave away too many prospects and are now suffering for it; San Jose was doing the opposite and look where they are at now. Patrick Marleau (I'm serious) has been my favorite player for about that same amount of time and I naturally started to slip away from the Leafs bus and climbed onto the Sharks tricycle. Sentimentally I will always be a Leafs fan (mainly because I despise the Canadiens) but my brain is with the Sharks and I will root for them for as long as they satisfy my needs as a fan.

Where I'm from is irrelevant. I lived in Winnipeg for 13 years and although I was intuitively attracted by the hometown craze, I still cheered for the Avs (too young to cheer for the 'Diques). Since then I haven't had a hometown team, and the Halifax Mooseheads in the Q just don't cut it for me.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  09:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya alright - I respect that. But I still don't get having a "second favorite team". Maybe that's because I have always lived in Vancouver. Anyways, looks like my team and your team are going to be battling to the end. I just hope you don't shy away from the forum after the Canucks lay a good beating on the Sharks down the stretch.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  14:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha ha, well we won't need to be worrying about that anyways...
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  09:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Huge favor the Blue Jackets did for the Canucks last night. There goes one of the games in hand for SJ.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  10:18:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah that game last night was weak...

Although kudos go out to Columbus, they've won their last 3 games against big teams: Detroit, Calgary and San Jose.

Hey, if you can't make the playoffs, you might as well play spoiler to other teams! I wish they could keep winning.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  10:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Vancouver takes the two points. Maybe we should start another thread so the Sharks and Nucks can battle this out.

Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  10:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah well, it happens. Too bad Vancouver is a one-line team, but this time the one line isn't NasMorBert, its the SedinēCarter line. I actually hope they make the playoffs for this reason:

If Vancouver can win their division, it'll put them in 3rd. If the Sharks play well too, they can finish 6th. There's nothing I'd love more to see an opening playoff round containing the Sharks vs. the Nucks.

The Nucks will get eliminated first round because they can't rely on Auld in the playoffs and one line won't win them games.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page