Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Malkin have heart? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  00:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
I was wondering if Malkin has heart... like my Dad is telling me he doesn't and he is saying Crosby does. I'm not stero typing Russian's or anything, I just really want to know if he does or not? Also please don't get mad about this topic... I really think he does but i'm kind of confused. So does he have heart or not?

>>>Wing<<< for the cup!

Choices:

Yes
No
Undecided

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  11:21:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
makin in my opinion with the way he plays will have a typical russian's career few years of greatness then a few years of goodness, then a few years of normal with a few great years here and there,,, ovetchkin however i think will have a sergei federov type russian career where he will be a constant great,, the reason i bring ovie into this is because i do not want anyone to say im bias against russians,,, the sterotype is there for a reason,, guys like samsonov kovalev yashin and many others i have created this terrible rept and im afraid malkin will do as they did sighn the big contract and his numbers will drop,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  12:44:12  Reply with Quote
I don't think he'd be living if he didn't.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  22:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Datsyuk 1,

Ask your Dad to tell you about a guy named Alexei Yashin..or maybe you know about him yourself, you sound like an avid hockey fan. I'm really hoping Malkin isn't another Yashin, but if the last couple of rounds and last night's game in particular are any indicator....

At first I thought he was just in a slump...last night's game made me rethink that...he looked lazy, with the odd flash of offence that was stymied, at which point he started to get pouty and create bad bounces for himself. All that talent...hopefully maturity will help him realize that passion/heart are as important and he can find his touch and carry it through to the playoffs.

PS. Sorry Pasty...saw your reference to Yahin after I posted...you know what I'm getting at then....

Edited by - fat_elvis_rocked on 06/01/2008 22:30:14
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  04:46:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's really too early to tell, IMO.

It's his second year in the playoffs, and he is just coming into his own as a superstar player . . . it takes time to adjust to the level of forechecking, coverage and attention (both on and off the ice) that comes with that, especially in the later rounds of the playoffs. The Pens are sure to be playoff performers for the next couple of years at least, I think, so we shall see.

Personally, I have seen him make some lazy looking rushes, and some great inspired efforts that have come up short. I think he is totally unused to the amount of abuse a star player can expect in the playoffs, and it is getting to him. He needs to fight through it, and I actually think he will. He's quite mature for his age, it's just "growing pains" in my mind.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest5372
( )

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  13:46:37  Reply with Quote
Watching the Philly series, I can't remember the exact game, but Philly roughed him up a bit, he seemed to be tentative and shying away from contact. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he may be injured.

If at the end of the season, we find out he was not hurt, I'd say he has no heart. You can't disappear from the playoff like that based on lack of experience alone.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9671
( )

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  07:45:51  Reply with Quote
plain and simple, Mike Richards scared the S**T out of Malkin. After watching the game (can't remember which one) where Malkin elbowed Briere in the head, Richards got pissed and decided to make it his personal mission to destroy Malkin. I would say he definitely accomplished that. The rest of that game, Richards either beaked, bashed or slashed Malkin, and i think it scared him.

Now we come to the Cup finals. where has Malkin gone? he has disappeared. It's either because he is soft and shying away from the physical contact that Detroit so dearly loves, or he is hurt. But last night, I saw him pull some things that if it was anyone else (besides Crosby and maybe Hossa) he would have been benched for the period.

I really hope he is just in a funk or has an injured foot/hand or something, because if he is just becoming lazy and careless, he will most likely re-affirm the "russians don't care" claim.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5372
( )

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  13:47:26  Reply with Quote
Anyone see how slowly he got up after being decked at the side of the nets last night?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  17:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

Hi Datsyuk 1,

Ask your Dad to tell you about a guy named Alexei Yashin..or maybe you know about him yourself, you sound like an avid hockey fan. I'm really hoping Malkin isn't another Yashin, but if the last couple of rounds and last night's game in particular are any indicator....

At first I thought he was just in a slump...last night's game made me rethink that...he looked lazy, with the odd flash of offence that was stymied, at which point he started to get pouty and create bad bounces for himself. All that talent...hopefully maturity will help him realize that passion/heart are as important and he can find his touch and carry it through to the playoffs.

PS. Sorry Pasty...saw your reference to Yahin after I posted...you know what I'm getting at then....

no worries fat elvis glad to see someone else sees what i see,, i'm afraid malkin is a yashin,,, or afraid either or makes for a rough career

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  20:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I have known a little pattern in the last couple years about Russian's. All of them have skill and three quarters of them are really lazy, like let's see Yashin, Bure, Malkin (I have noticed he hasn't been his usually self and he has had no heart what so ever this playoffs) ect. Russian's are just soo much fun to watch because they have soo much skill and they do some stuff I wouldn't even think of doing although most of them have no heart and that is what I hate about watching those Russian's.

Time to golf!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2008 :  09:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

Yeah, I have known a little pattern in the last couple years about Russian's. All of them have skill and three quarters of them are really lazy, like let's see Yashin, Bure, Malkin (I have noticed he hasn't been his usually self and he has had no heart what so ever this playoffs) ect. Russian's are just soo much fun to watch because they have soo much skill and they do some stuff I wouldn't even think of doing although most of them have no heart and that is what I hate about watching those Russian's.

Time to golf!

i wouldn't include bure

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  05:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Malkin is the heart and soul of Pittsburgh, not Crosby. Malkin works his ass off both ends of the ice he's not only better than Crosby offensively but defensively too, Malkin can take a hit and dish it out. And unlike Crosby, Malkin doesn't give up

Edited by - hanley6 on 01/04/2009 05:11:54
Go to Top of Page

Guest9544
( )

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  02:24:37  Reply with Quote
no.. Crosby is the heart of Pittsburgh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page