Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Detroit 07/08 Stanley Cup Champions! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  19:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll it's official the Detroit Red Wings have won the stanley cup. The final score was 3-2.It was a great series and a great playoffs. Henrik Zetterberg has won the conn smythe trophy. I have had a great time watching this series and these playoffs. Any thoughts on this year's playoffs?

>>>Wings<<< for the cup!

Edited by - Datsyuk 1 on 06/04/2008 19:57:22

Guest6633
( )

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  01:13:54  Reply with Quote
Woo-hoo! To the doubters, now do you believe?
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  04:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i watched this game. it was a great Stanley Cup final. i knew my boys would bring it home.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  07:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there was little more time on the clock someone from Pittsburgh could of knocked it in that open net at the end when Ozzy when sprawling and the puck just stayed out sliding a little above the line. That would of been quite something.

Congratulations Detroit!
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  09:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I want to know is what in the world was that last penalty on Detroit called for? They said it was hooking, but the Det guy didn't even touch the Pit guy! I was thinking to myself, it's like the refs were told to make the Pens win so they could have the NHL's sweetheart crosby win the cup. Even the previous game to this one. Three powerplays for Pitts in OT? Are you kidding me?!!! I'm telling you, there's something afoot!
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  02:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SuperSakic

What I want to know is what in the world was that last penalty on Detroit called for? They said it was hooking, but the Det guy didn't even touch the Pit guy! I was thinking to myself, it's like the refs were told to make the Pens win so they could have the NHL's sweetheart crosby win the cup. Even the previous game to this one. Three powerplays for Pitts in OT? Are you kidding me?!!! I'm telling you, there's something afoot!

Yep...weak call there. I was pretty pissed about the first 2 PP's in the previous game's O/T too. Unfortunately, that last had to be called....but that 4 minutes spent PK'ing earlier in the O/T could have been when Detroit scored the even strength winner. And I grew up a Maple Leafs fan!

Alas, I learned something the night that coach Sutter didn't say peep about Khabibulin letting in the missed goal that would have CERTAINLY given Calgary the cup in '04: Many calls are missed, many calls are made, it's too fast of a game to call everything perfectly with human eyes. You play within the calls that are made, it's part of the game. Both teams get good calls and bad calls. It's just the way it is, and we have to accept it.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  08:59:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christmas came early this year! Ahh, gonna go fire up the outdoor grill now
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: