Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Did the 2008 Cup Finals Live up to the Hype? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  05:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
This was pitched as one of the most exciting finals ever. In your opinion did the finals live up to the hype?

Choices:

Yes
No
Didn''t watch

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  06:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it would of been a whole lot better if it was a closer series. I know it went to game 6 but really Pittsburgh they got lucky to take it to 6. Detroit dominated play for the most part and Pittsburgh just looked lost out there. I was just expecting more back and forth hockey similiar to if anyone watched the Dallas and San Jose game 6 overtime thriller. But Detroit was the better team by far and Congrats to them.

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 06/05/2008 07:10:48
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  10:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's like the NHL was really trying to sell this as "come see crosby lead his team to victory over the detroit redwings". It was just one big snoozefest...i think if it was a Canadian team against Det or Pit it would have been a totally different story. Cross-country rivalries will always trump cross-state rivalries.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  11:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although I did not watch all of the games, what I did watch was very good hockey. That is all the NHL can ask for in the Finals. The different story lines and such are a side note. It was good hockey to watch.
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  12:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did not live up to the hype in my opinion.

In saying that I mean the series was not as close at it was billed to be. I agree with gostarsgo and TSN that out of the 409 or whatever minutes they played, detroit dominated at least 350 and it was really just a question of when detroit would win.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  12:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought it was a great game !

cause my wings get to bring home stanley

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest9874
( )

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  12:25:56  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

i thought it was a great game !

cause my wings get to bring home stanley

Leafsfan_94

YOUR wings? Your name is LeafsFan94, you had a penguins jersey for an avatar as of a couple days ago, and all of a sudden they're YOUR wings? Were they YOUR ducks and YOUR hurricanes too??
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  05:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I didn't listen to any hype, other than having my own expectations . . . regarding those, I'd say the series came very close to meeting those.

Detroir was just a bit more dominating than I thought they would be, but really, there was some great hockey for good stretches. I can't really complain (other than failing miserably this year in hockey pools!).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page