Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 It's a New Era! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  23:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Toronto! Here's a team that is several games over 500 and is getting dangerously close to mathematically not making the playoffs. Let's not kid our selves, they won't make the playoffs. Back in the 70/80's if you were a few games over 500 you easily slid into 7th or 8th place. And even worse yet look at LA. Right now they are 8 wins over 500 and they are in 10th spot in the West! Oh how times have changed.

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  07:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto's chances are slim but far from impossible... 3 Toronto wins with 2 TB losses and they're in (provided Atlanta and Florida are idle). So yeah I guess that's a lot of conditions to be met, but they're certainly not unrealistic ones. Aubin is hot at the right time so Toronto might catch a break. 5 of their last 9 games are against non-playoff teams so maybe that could be their saving grace. TB has two more games against the Panthers (who own them in their season series 5-1) and a home-and-home against the Canes which should be tough. I think it's the 2 games that TB plays against Atlanta that could shape the final spots. Even though it looks like a longshot, I think it will come down to the last 2-3 games.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2006 :  21:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a lot of "if's" babs :-) I see TO lost again tonight. But like I said earlier isn't it rediculous to be 8 games over 500 and not make the playoffs?
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  10:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Face it the Leafs are done. There is no chance they will make it. I think the East is pretty much determined while the West is still all over the place.

LA should never have fired Murray. Now that Frolov and Demitra are back healthy, it looks like they could make a run.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page