Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Jagr to Penguins? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  21:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was reading about the trades and signings and saw that it's a possibility Jagr isn't likely to sign with New York and could go back to Piittsburgh.
I can't tell you how much I would love to see Jagr on Crosby's wing.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  08:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard a report this morning that Jagr accepted the $12+million a year offer from a team in the Russian league.

We may have seen Mr. Jagr's final game in the NHL, which would be a dissapointment.

Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  11:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I just read this as well. That's too bad. Love him or hate him it's sad to see him go. It isn't like he can't play anymore. He was clearly one of the best players in this years playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  14:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an article if anyone is looking...

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=7011506831
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  21:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jagr went to russia
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  00:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted something about this MONTHS ago. The Hockey News printed an article explaining why he would no longer be playing in the NHL (about 8-10 months ago) at the end of this season....done.
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  00:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Excerpts from the Vol.61, No.17 issue of the Hockey News:

In regards to his contract with the Rangers...

"There is no team option year attached to the contract; in order to keep the cap charge at $4.94M, the Rangers had to renounce the option coming out of the lockout. As such, the contract will only extend an additional season into next year by virtue of Jagr hitting statistical triggers. This should not have been an issue, for the triggers appeared a piece of cake for Jagr to attain. He simply needs to record 84 points this season and the Rangers need to win a playoff round.....through 47 games Jagr had registered 40 points, meaning he needs to amass 44 in the final 35 games. It's hardly out of reach, but it's no sure shot either."

" ...even if Jagr fails to hit the triggers and thereby becomes eligible for unrestricted free agency (for the first time in his career) the Rangers could negotiate a new contract for next year...."

"...There is an equally good chance that the Blueshirts will look to move him at the trade deadline, though the uncertainty over his status for next year - the trigger clause travels with him - muddies his value as a rental..."

"...Jagr played much of the lockout season for Omsk, in Russia. And he has spoken often the past two years about returning to Russia to finish his pro career after leaving the NHL..."

When I read this I was convinced that he would not hit the statistical triggers.
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  07:44:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know guys, I think Jagr has 1 to 2 years in Russia and comes back in 2010 even at the age he'll be at. I don't know what team he'd be joining, but I do see at leastttt one more season of NHL hockey in Jaromir.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page