Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Forum Rules and Announcements
 I Too Have NOT Joined Another Site (heehee!) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  20:53:53  Show Profile
dear fellow pickuphockey members.

i have found a new forum site.

note that just like GSG went away and probably wont be back much. LF_94 will be posting on both sites. im going to go back in forth to see which site i like better. but it will also be hard to leave all of the cool people i have met over the last year. well hopefully i dont like this new site as much as i think i will. but if i do change sites i will be sure to stop by as much as i can for visits and for more contributions to the forum

yours truly!

Leafsfan_94

Edited by - leigh on 07/16/2008 13:22:04

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  20:55:21  Show Profile
oh and one other thing.

if anyone else joins and is looking for me my username is the same as it is on pickuphockey

LEAFSFAN_94

Leafsfan_94

Edited by - leigh on 07/16/2008 10:40:50
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  21:37:01  Show Profile
id just like to say NEVERMIND

im definetly staying at pickuphockey. that site was horrible. i may post there now and then but im staying here for sure!!!!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  05:37:04  Show Profile
Why even mention that you will be splitting your time between two sites?

Im sure numerous members are part of numerous sites. Theres no need to announce and especially there is not a need to provide a direct link.

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  07:40:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

id just like to say NEVERMIND

im definetly staying at pickuphockey. that site was horrible. i may post there now and then but im staying here for sure!!!!

Leafsfan_94

Boy, that was impulsively fast!! I wish you were in one of my fantasy leagues!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9536
( )

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  10:28:16
There is no need to announce you are departing to another site. It's a little slap in the face to PickupHockey dont you think? Whether you meant it or not this post is insulting. Leafs fan94 especially you, who has made almost 800 post! Why insult a place that you obviously felt had value to you. geeesh!!!

If you're going because you've got to spend time studying then fine, say something. If you are going because you will be out of internet range, fine. If you're going because your mom is sick and you'll be spending time with her then fine. But to announce that you're going because you feel another site is better, don't announce it, just go, and if you want to come back just come back. It's that easy. I'm sure everyone is welcome back.

It's the summer boys, hockey forums slow down. I'm sure this one will spring back to life in the fall. I mean, the basis for the whole site is NHL hockey pools. It's July man! there are no pools, so obviously it's going to be slower.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  10:38:58  Show Profile
Hey Leafsfan_94

Glad to hear that you stayed Leafsfan_94. I did remove the link you provided as it is rather bad etiquette though.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  12:42:13  Show Profile
lol thanks leigh and to the guest i can post whatever i want

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Hey Leafsfan_94

Glad to hear that you stayed Leafsfan_94. I did remove the link you provided as it is rather bad etiquette though.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  17:59:25  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9536

There is no need to announce you are departing to another site. It's a little slap in the face to PickupHockey dont you think? Whether you meant it or not this post is insulting. Leafs fan94 especially you, who has made almost 800 post! Why insult a place that you obviously felt had value to you. geeesh!!!

If you're going because you've got to spend time studying then fine, say something. If you are going because you will be out of internet range, fine. If you're going because your mom is sick and you'll be spending time with her then fine. But to announce that you're going because you feel another site is better, don't announce it, just go, and if you want to come back just come back. It's that easy. I'm sure everyone is welcome back.

It's the summer boys, hockey forums slow down. I'm sure this one will spring back to life in the fall. I mean, the basis for the whole site is NHL hockey pools. It's July man! there are no pools, so obviously it's going to be slower.

Guest9536 I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that you're Leigh hiding modestly behind the title of ''guest.'' Let me know if I'm right (there's more than adequate circumstancial evidence, ex. close posting / editing times, to lead me to believe I am correct...)

Regardless, I agree 100 percent that we should follow a certain etiquette and be careful not to mention a competitor on this site... not really fair, nor is it in good spirits.

On the topic of hockey forums in general: I will admit to having shopped around at times when this site had an influx of spam posters or needed cleaning, but honestly nothing compares. Other websites either are too active, which means that its impossible to keep track of what you really care about without sifting through 10 ''Top 100 Hockey Players of All Time'' threads; others aren't active enough, and you really can't talk about much past what's happening at the moment.

I can honestly say that PickUpHockey has a great medium. The posters are very knowledgeable, all colourful and interesting, the site is clean, organized and professional from top to bottom. Plus, you have news, pools and forums all in one place here - what more could you ask for? I hope we can keep it up for many more years even through the inevitable growth every site experiences.

Proudly Celebrating Over 50 Blogs and Counting
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  18:16:37  Show Profile
merely circumstantial my friend.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  19:48:29  Show Profile
lol leigh i like what you changed the topic name too

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2008 :  22:03:20  Show Profile
I hope you didn't mind. I thought the whole conversation from your first post to your last one where you decided to stay was pretty funny so I thought it deserved a funnier title. I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  13:17:32  Show Profile
thanks

quote:
Originally posted by leigh

I hope you didn't mind. I thought the whole conversation from your first post to your last one where you decided to stay was pretty funny so I thought it deserved a funnier title. I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2008 :  07:29:29  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9536

Guest9536 I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that you're Leigh hiding modestly behind the title of ''guest.'' Let me know if I'm right (there's more than adequate circumstancial evidence, ex. close posting / editing times, to lead me to believe I am correct...)

Regardless, I agree 100 percent that we should follow a certain etiquette and be careful not to mention a competitor on this site... not really fair, nor is it in good spirits.

On the topic of hockey forums in general: I will admit to having shopped around at times when this site had an influx of spam posters or needed cleaning, but honestly nothing compares. Other websites either are too active, which means that its impossible to keep track of what you really care about without sifting through 10 ''Top 100 Hockey Players of All Time'' threads; others aren't active enough, and you really can't talk about much past what's happening at the moment.

I can honestly say that PickUpHockey has a great medium. The posters are very knowledgeable, all colourful and interesting, the site is clean, organized and professional from top to bottom. Plus, you have news, pools and forums all in one place here - what more could you ask for? I hope we can keep it up for many more years even through the inevitable growth every site experiences.

Proudly Celebrating Over 50 Blogs and Counting

i agree it is impossible to keep up with other sites

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest6638
( )

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  20:34:49
As the webmaster of a hockey site (that has a forum) myself, I think it highly disrespectful to mention other forums here- and especially to drop URLs.

If you are going to leave this forum- just do it- no need to fish for compliments from others here to keep you around. You joined here anonymously- so leave here anonymously.

I know from my own experience the work that Leigh has put in building this site. Don't give a "backhanded compliment" if you choose to go elsewhere. Who cares, this place will carry on without you (even if you have 800 posts or more).
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  10:13:39  Show Profile
jesus christ isnt this topic dead yet? why do people keep posting on it just leave it be

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Guest6630
( )

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  18:43:38
You started this mess.

No need to bring Jesus Christ into it. (He gets the last post here anyway. )

Don't start a fire if you can't put it out!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  19:09:44  Show Profile
ok i get the last post so im jesus!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts