Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Projected Season Outcome Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  09:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now this is to hypothesize what you think the playoff picture will look like, and your look upon the East/West conferences at the end of the 08/09 season. Mine is as follows:

EAST

1st*- Montreal Canadiens 108 pts ( Repeat, entirely bias)
2nd*- New York Rangers 104 pts
3rd*- Tampa Bay Lightning 96 pts
4th- Boston Bruins 102 pts
5th- Pittsburgh Penguins 101 pts
6th- Philidelphia Flyers 95 pts
7th- New Jersey Devils 92 pts
8th- Washington Capitals 91 pts

Before I make someone goes schitzo on me, to all of the you Ovie worshipers, the Caps are lower because they basically did nothing and I think Huet is a better goalie then Theo, also with the young D coming up I think next year will be more of their year.

WEST

1st*- Detroit Red Wings 116 pts
2nd*- Anaheim Ducks 105 pts
3rd*- Calgary Flames 99 pts
4th- San Jose Sharks 101 pts
5th- Minnesota Wild 96 pts
6th- Dallas Stars 95 pts
7th- Edmonton Oilers 92
8th- Chicago Blackhawks 90

Reason I didn't take Nashville is because the Radulov situation, and also I see Phoenix and L.A. right in it as well. LA more of a next year team in thinking.

Edited by - Axey on 08/13/2008 09:51:23

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  10:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
East

1st - Ottawa Senators
2nd - Pittsburgh Penguins
3rd - Washington Capitals
4th - Philidelphia Flyers
5th - New York Rangers
6th - Tampa Bay Lightning
7th - New Jersey Devils
8th - Montreal Canadiens

West

1st - Detroit Red Wings
2nd - San Jose Sharks
3rd - Calgary Flames
4th - Dallas Stars
5th - Anaheim Ducks
6th - Chicago Blackhawks
7th - Nashbille Predators
8th - Minnessota Wild

you can bank on it
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  11:04:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
East:

1) Montreal
2) Pittsburgh
3) Tampa Bay
4) New York Rangers
5) Ottawa
6)Philadelphia
7) Washington
8)New Jersey

Boston 4th???? I know Andyhack won't like to hear it, but what have they done to move from a non-playoff team into 4th in the division??? And Ottawa will definately be there.

West

1) Detroit
2) Dallas
3) Calgary
4) Anaheim
5) San Jose
6) Colorado
7) Edmonton
8) Chicago

I think the bottom 3 spots are wide open. Columbus got better than most people think and they may be there. Phoenix may also surprise. Minnesota has gotten worse in the offseason, not better. I don't think they have the team to make it.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  12:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

East:

1) Montreal
2) Pittsburgh
3) Tampa Bay
4) New York Rangers
5) Ottawa
6)Philadelphia
7) Washington
8)New Jersey

Boston 4th???? I know Andyhack won't like to hear it, but what have they done to move from a non-playoff team into 4th in the division??? And Ottawa will definately be there.

West

1) Detroit
2) Dallas
3) Calgary
4) Anaheim
5) San Jose
6) Colorado
7) Edmonton
8) Chicago

I think the bottom 3 spots are wide open. Columbus got better than most people think and they may be there. Phoenix may also surprise. Minnesota has gotten worse in the offseason, not better. I don't think they have the team to make it.

I like yours pretty much, not bad, I don't agree with Colorado I can't see Budhai leading them into the playoffs.

As for Boston, they did make the playoffs. I think they are going to be vicious this year and they are the only team that scares me. May I remind you of the injuries last year? Bergeron didn't even play. Their team is huge, fierce and I think the young guys have a year of lexperience and will do awesome this year, I think they will place high in the East. I am a Habs fan btw, so there is absolutely no bias here.

Ottawa was a toss up, I don't really what team is going to show up but I don't see Gerber as a prominent goalie.

With Minnesota I like their Defense really good group.

A team that I think is going to improve a ton is Chicago, I'm really excited to see this team. LA and the Caps in 09/10 will be phenominal I think.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  13:00:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Personally, I'm most surprised by both your choices of Montreal. I like the team -its how I would like my team to play the game, but last year they were simply the only consistent team in the east all season long.

On paper they certainly do not have the talent to repeat at the top of the conference, and unfortunately they have not gotten at all better during the off-season. I think they may be a team that has a rough patch this year and gets in a fight for a playoff spot down the stretch.

I completely agree with you guys for the west. A couple of the top spots could move around but the bottom three I believe to be a toss-up with teams like colorado, chicago, nashville, minnessota, edmonton, and do i dare say phoenix

cant wait to see what happens
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  14:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry but I just don't see Montreal being as good as last season. Lots of good reasons why not:

1) Carey Price. He looked emotionally drained after 12 playoff games. You think this kid can handle an 82 game season, and furthermore, bring his A game every night. Nope, don't think so.

2) Montreal Power Play. They lost Mark Streit and brought in who? Montreal won games on special teams last season. No way they steal as many this year. With the loss os Streit also goes a staple of their fast paced, puck moving game plan that won them a bunch of games in 2007/08.

3) Alex Kovalev. Come on guys, he's a one trick pony. If he matches or exceeds his 35 goals I'll eat my hat.

4) Luck bound to wear off. Six of their seven top point getters had career years last year. Of those six only Alex Kovalev got more points before in a season, but that was from his Pittsburgh days.

The Montreal Canadiens will make the playoffs, but it won't be smooth sailing. Once they're in I'd agree they are one of the best. But to get there is the harder half of the battle.

Make sure to cast your votes in the PickUpHockey Hall of Fame
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  16:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's my picks:
East
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. Buffalo
4. Philly
5. Tampa
6. Montreal
7. Rangers
8. Jersey

West
1. Detroit
2. San Jose (bairley over Dallas)
3. Calgary
4. Dallas
5. Chicago
6. Anaheim
7. Phoenix
8. Edmonton

Edited by - pensfan17 on 08/14/2008 16:32:41
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  17:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well ill make my contrubution on this topic then.

EAST
1.Pittsburgh
2.New York Rangers
3.New Jersey Devils
4.Montreal Canadiens
5.PhiladelphiaFlyers
6.Boston Bruins
7.Washinhton Capitals
8.Ottawa Senators

WEST
1.Detroit
2.Dallas
3.San Jose
4.Colorado
5.Minnesota
6.Anaheim
7.Calgary
8.Chicago

Leafsfan_94

f*** You Cliff Fletcher..

LF94 is the LEAFS GM NOW

Go to Top of Page

andyhack
PickupHockey Pro

Japan
891 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  18:37:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see Boston making a slight improvement on last year (for the reasons Axey gave) and that will get them in the playoffs again, but I think they will still likely either be a big underdog in the first round or, at the very most, be a team that noone would be shocked to see lose in that first round.

I disagree with Alex on the first 3 of his 4 points.

1. At the end of the year people will, at the very least, use "good" to describe Price's season. The guy is just too solid mentally and too fundamentally sound to be anything less. In fact, my guess is people will use "very good" to describe his season.

2. The power play still has the basic elements - maybe not quite as good, but still pretty strong, particularly if I am right about #3

3. This is a hunch, and I admit it is the one I am least confident about, but I think Kovalev is going to try like crazy to prove that last year was not a one year "last hurrah" thing, and I think he will succeed at least to a pretty good degree, at that.

I hope I am dead wrong about all of the above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with Alex on No. 4. You would think some of those guys won't match their seasons last year, and you would also think that there would be a few less comeback victories. But you never know. After all, the Habs without lots of good luck is kind of like fish and chips without chips.

Edited by - andyhack on 08/13/2008 18:40:02
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  19:59:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like what AH is saying here, I also believe the B's will respark Ryder (mark my words), him and Julien are awesome together. As for Kovalev last year he changed his whole perspective on hockey and had a serious mentality change and I think he will do awesome next year.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  22:28:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bad on Boston not being a playoff team but I still don't see them being better than last year.

And on Montreal, I like Price for an entire season. I think he will be a top 10 goalie this year coming and be a solid backstop. Also, as much as people have forgotten about Tanguay since his time in Calgary I think that is an awesome addition to the team. With Kovalev entering a contract year and with Tanguay I firmly believe that will be one of the top 5 1-2 punches in the NHL. Also, their defense in underrated. Hamrlik is a tank and Gorges is a player I like. And don't forget about the Kotstitsyn brothers. I really like the squad that Montreal will ice.

And what's the big question marks with Ottawa?? Gerber last year won more than 50% of his games and had a .910 save percentage. This was with the threat of Emery taking his job. This year, I think he will do better as the for sure #1. The other intangible to think about is the Gator. Jason Smith is a leader anywhere he goes and I think will do a ton to gel that team. Many will write them off at the start of the season, but I am going on record now as saying they will make the East Finals this year. And remember that Heatley, Alfredsson, and Spezza all spent time injured last year. If those three stay healthy all year, they can win 40 games by themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  05:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

well ill make my contrubution on this topic then.

EAST
1.Pittsburgh
2.New York Rangers
3.New Jersey Devils
4.Montreal Canadiens
5.PhiladelphiaFlyers
6.Boston Bruins
7.Washinhton Capitals
8.Ottawa Senators

WEST
1.Detroit
2.Dallas
3.San Jose
4.Colorado
5.Minnesota
6.Anaheim
7.Calgary
8.Chicago

Leafsfan_94

f*** You Cliff Fletcher..

LF94 is the LEAFS GM NOW

Sorry buddy but your standings cant work, remeber the division winners take 1st, 2nd and 3rd, The Rangers, Devils And Penguins are in the same division...Same with Dallas and San Jose...

I would go with:

East

1. Montreal Canadians (Huge fan but i really dont think theres a better team, But i see Philly, Boston & Pittsburgh doign very good this year...
2.Pittsburgh
3.Washington
4.Philadelphia(If not they'll be in second maybe even first if they can top pittsburgh)
5.Boston
6.NY Rangers
7.Ottawa
8.Carolina

New jersey I see coming close but i dont think they can do it with there offence, Tampa Has No Defense...Buffalo is my wild card and I could see them taking Ottawa or Carolina out...

West

1.Detroit (surprised?)
2.San Jose
3.Edmonton ( They have got a really good team this year, They better hope Garon or Rolly can keep up)
4.Dallas
5.Chicago( Although I wont be shocked if place 4th, I doubt they could take detroit out and take first)
6.Anaheim
7.Phoenix(They will have a good year with Bryz in nets)
8.Calgary

Not columbus's year, Colorado does not have the goaltending, Minnesota doesnt have enough offense, L.A still has 1 or 2 years left before they become a powerhouse, My wild card is Nashville and Vancouver because nashville manages to make it every year and Vancouver because of Luongo and There Defense...

Edited by - Komisaurus on 08/14/2008 05:21:37
Go to Top of Page

Komisaurus
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  05:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

I'm sorry but I just don't see Montreal being as good as last season. Lots of good reasons why not:

1) Carey Price. He looked emotionally drained after 12 playoff games. You think this kid can handle an 82 game season, and furthermore, bring his A game every night. Nope, don't think so.

2) Montreal Power Play. They lost Mark Streit and brought in who? Montreal won games on special teams last season. No way they steal as many this year. With the loss os Streit also goes a staple of their fast paced, puck moving game plan that won them a bunch of games in 2007/08.

3) Alex Kovalev. Come on guys, he's a one trick pony. If he matches or exceeds his 35 goals I'll eat my hat.

4) Luck bound to wear off. Six of their seven top point getters had career years last year. Of those six only Alex Kovalev got more points before in a season, but that was from his Pittsburgh days.

The Montreal Canadiens will make the playoffs, but it won't be smooth sailing. Once they're in I'd agree they are one of the best. But to get there is the harder half of the battle.

Heres my rebuttal:

1)Carey was playing for almost 2 years straight and he admitted he was emotionally drained and it showed, the kid is just too strong mentally IMO to completely bust this year, obviously hell have his bad games but I see a stand out performance this year...

2)The year before it was Souray, this year its Streit we lose, everyone said our P.P will not thrive without Souray and we were even better when we lost him, Streit was good(I really liked him and pissed we lost him), but he was weak on plays, We have Sergei Kostitsyn & Andrei, Tanguay, koivu, kovalev,Plekanec markov all capable of setting up the P.P either to the point or cross side, watch it work, It might not be number 1 but Montreal thrives on special teams, specifically The P.P.

3) read what axey wrote about his whole mentality change, it showed last year, his crappy year, he just looked very unhappy with the team, he will repeat,he knows hes getting old and wants that cup and its his Contract year...

4)Higgins goals/year is rising if he learns how to put the puck in the net more often than he does, he could hit the 40 goal mark, Andrei kostitsyn is just breaking out, this was his first full season, Sergei has shown hes an amazing passer and has a wicked shot and should break atleast 40 points but i wouldnt be surprised if he got more, Plekanec has become a superb 2 way player and he might not beat his points from last year but hell come close, Andrei Markov is a great O-D man and can pass the puck or score if he wants to, Hes a late bloomer.

All in All, Montreal will be very good next year, the only problem i see them having is with injuries, last year they were lucky they didnt get the injury bug but if they should this year, it could be tough...

GO HABS GO
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  08:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kind of hope that if theres any injuries a Dman goes down and we have to bring up Emelin or Valentenko, and also alot of the reason Streit got alot of points last year, he was also a forward alot and of course working the powerplay. I hate to lose him, but he was a -6 last year and I'm sure someone will step up this year, I could see Gorges being the man. He just needs to learn to shoot and not doubt himself happened alot in the playoffs and then he took one shot and Pleks tipped it in. He is going to have to get some confidence though.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  10:06:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
East

Montreal
Pittsburgh
NYR
Philly
Washington
Ottawa
New Jersey
Boston

West

Detroit
Dallas
San Jose
Calgary
Chicago
Anaheim
Minnesota
Colorado (if Sakic comes back) Phoenix if not

I'd like to see Edmonton make playoffs but their goaltending and inexperiance will be to much to overcome.

I really don't see TBL doing as good as some people predict, especially not 3rd(Axey, Beans) what's your logic?
Go to Top of Page

Guest8857
( )

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  13:53:01  Reply with Quote
I do not see Calgary finishing as high as everyone here suggests - look at their complete lack of depth (bertuzzi & lombardi in your top 6? little defence behind regher & phaneuf). That combined with Kippers steadily declining numbers make it a hard year to be a flames fan.

My guess is as folllows:

East

Montreal
Pittsburgh
Washington
NYR
Philidelphia
New Jersey
Carolina
Boston

Tampa Bay & Ottawa just missing out (extremely unbalanced lineups)

West

Detroit
San Jose
Minnesota
Dallas
Anaheim
Chicago
Edmonton
Calgary or Nashville pulling the 8th

MSC - you point to Edmonton for being young with questionable goaltending - what about Colorado?
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  15:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what about Colorado? I have them sneaking into the last spot IF Sakic comes back and even then I'm not sold. Sakic isn't coming back for a team that won't go to the playoffs so if he comes back then he feels like they have a shot.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  16:05:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna break my predictions into two parts....an East and a West one. I figure I do this so that I can better explain my choices.

East:

1). New York Rangers
2). Montreal Canadiens
3). Washington Capitals
--------------------------
4). Pittsburgh Penguins
5). Philadelphia Flyers
6). New Jersey Devils
7). Ottawa Senators
8). Carolina Hurricanes
9). Buffalo Sabres
10). Boston Bruins
11). Tampa Bay Lightning
12). Florida Panthers
13). New York Islanders
14). Toronto Maple Leafs
15). Atlanta Thrashers

First to third isn't really a surprise, except if you think Pittsburgh can win the division. I think that they can't because they lost too many key cogs in their well oiled machine and were not able to sufficiently replace them (Hossa, Malone, Recchi, Ruutu, Laraque & Roberts gone and replaced by Godard, Cooke, Satan & Fedotenko).

New York became much better in the offseason with the key acquisitions of Redden, Zherdev, Naslund and Kalinin and will not only win their division but challenge for the Cup. They are strong in every main category and, if healthy, will win the Cup. Have me on record for that.

Forth through eighth are very probable and likely. I think Ottawa will be in. Buffalo is healthy and have the depth to compete but their biggest question mark is injury. For that reason alone I don't think they will make it. Tampa doesn't have the defence to pull something like the Flyers did. Carolina has a roster mostly the same as last year, but some few subtle additions like Joni Pitkanen,Joe Corvo and Patrick Eaves (Eaves and Corvo for the whole season) will make all of the difference.

Florida and NYI are much better then Toronto and Atlanta, so they will nab twelfth and thirteenth respectively. I have Toronto above Atlanta simply because their defense is more stable. Offensively both teams are about the same, as are they goaltending wise. It will be a dog fight for last.

Now let me hear the critics.

Western Conference to come soon............
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  16:31:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Komisaurus

West

1.Detroit (surprised?)
2.San Jose
3.Edmonton ( They have got a really good team this year, They better hope Garon or Rolly can keep up)
4.Dallas
5.Chicago( Although I wont be shocked if place 4th, I doubt they could take detroit out and take first)
6.Anaheim
7.Phoenix(They will have a good year with Bryz in nets)
8.Calgary

I like the way you think!
Go to Top of Page

Guest7281
( )

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  16:32:13  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Open_Ice

Personally, I'm most surprised by both your choices of Montreal. I like the team -its how I would like my team to play the game, but last year they were simply the only consistent team in the east all season long.

On paper they certainly do not have the talent to repeat at the top of the conference, and unfortunately they have not gotten at all better during the off-season. I think they may be a team that has a rough patch this year and gets in a fight for a playoff spot down the stretch.

I completely agree with you guys for the west. A couple of the top spots could move around but the bottom three I believe to be a toss-up with teams like colorado, chicago, nashville, minnessota, edmonton, and do i dare say phoenix

cant wait to see what happens

How can you say they didn't get better? Ryder is gone and in his place is Tanguay who scored more than Ryder last year. He had a bad year in Calgary but he will bounce back. The addition of Laraque adds size and grit, and theri young guns now have 1 more season and a playoffs under their belt. The might not finish first but they won't be fighting for a playoff spot. They'll be top 4 in the conference. They have a legitimate shot at the division title... Toronto sucks, Ottawa has no keeping, Buffalo hasn't improved and the only contender in my mind will be Boston, if they can stay healthy, who knows if Patrice will even play.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7281
( )

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  16:35:56  Reply with Quote
quote:

Of those six that had career years, how many of them are young and up and coming? Is it not plausible to think that they will continue to improve? That the youngsters are getting better?
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  21:15:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alex man, your a Habs fan come on now, you're obliged to say they will win! Mb you're just playin the expect nothing and you will not be disappointed scenario..

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  13:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Axey, for the most part, I like your choices.. I just wouldn't bet on TBL finishing that high, although expectations are just as high as that if not higher. They need a better goalie than Smith or Olie (age is becoming a factor). I think just making the playoffs will actually be their concern, not winning the cup, at least for this year. 09-10 season they'll be ready for a possible journey to Lord Stanley's cup.

My predictions:

East

1st: Montreal *
2nd: Pittsburgh *
3rd: NYR *
4th: Philadelphia
5th: Boston
6th: Ottawa
7th: Washington
8th: New Jersey

West

1st: Detroit * (even if Hossa hurts his knee again and end his season)
2nd: San Jose *
3rd: Dallas *
4th: Calgary
5th: Anaheim
6th: Minnesota
7th: Edmonton
8th: Chicago

And for the fun of it:

STANLEY CUP FINALS PREDICTION #1:

DETROIT 4
versus
PHILADELPHIA 2

STANLEY CUP FINALS PREDICTION #2:
SAN JOSE 3
versus
MONTREAL 4

Edited by - baimerr on 08/19/2008 13:08:15
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  21:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, let me get this straight, the New York Rangers lose 3 of their top 5 scorers (Jagr, Straka, Shanahan), the best "uberpest" in the league (Avery), two of their top 3 defencemen (Marik Malik and Fedor Tutin), and those guys are replaced by Marcus Naslund, Nik Zherdev, and Wade Redden and they are going to do better than last year???

The Rangers have always been one of my favorite teams. Hell, they were basically all Old Oilers for the entire 90's! Jagr is (was) my 2nd favorite player of all time. I cheer for the Rangers. But c'mon. They will do ok, they will make the playoffs, and I am sure they will make noise in the playoffs. I just don't see that team winning their division. I don't see them winning the division with the Penguins, Flyers, and Devils.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  07:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Philly's team more then the Rangers and I like where they're heading, the thing that the Rangers have that Philly can't compete with though is Lundquist.
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  07:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MSC

I like Philly's team more then the Rangers and I like where they're heading, the thing that the Rangers have that Philly can't compete with though is Lundquist.

Which is exactly why I got them in my 3rd seed. Hank Lundqvist is such a good goaltender that NYR feeds off him. The Rangers may have lost a lot of key players, and that will hurt them, but I don't see them doing any worse than last season with some of their promising younger players and the amazing goaltending they get from game to game.
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  16:43:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Baimerr I think you forgot the division rule.
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  18:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually no i didn't.. i don't think theyll be up in 3rd in their div. in points.. i just think that will be the outcome =]
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:14:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

East:

1) Montreal
2) Pittsburgh
3) Tampa Bay
4) New York Rangers
5) Ottawa
6)Philadelphia
7) Washington
8)New Jersey

West

1) Detroit
2) Dallas
3) Calgary
4) Anaheim
5) San Jose
6) Colorado
7) Edmonton
8) Chicago

I like yours pretty much, not bad, I don't agree with Colorado I can't see Budhai leading them into the playoffs.

As for Boston, they did make the playoffs. I think they are going to be vicious this year and they are the only team that scares me. May I remind you of the injuries last year? Bergeron didn't even play. Their team is huge, fierce and I think the young guys have a year of lexperience and will do awesome this year, I think they will place high in the East. I am a Habs fan btw, so there is absolutely no bias here.

Ottawa was a toss up, I don't really what team is going to show up but I don't see Gerber as a prominent goalie.

With Minnesota I like their Defense really good group.

A team that I think is going to improve a ton is Chicago, I'm really excited to see this team. LA and the Caps in 09/10 will be phenominal I think.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Wow, I was certainly right about Boston.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  14:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You were off about the bolts, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. The Bruins kicking ass, didn't see THAT one coming, good call! lol
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  15:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the Lightning are a dud, bad call by me but the rest isn't too shabby.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  07:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope no one hurt themselves jumping back off of the TBL bandwagon.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  08:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta say the same about Dallas! Most had them top 4 in the west!!

And man was I wrong on Boston and NYR.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  09:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed, I highly underestimated Boston. I think the Rangers are on par for the course. Dallas has really messed the bed so far, but I think it's fixable. Some better goaltending (very easy for that to happen) and some smarter D and you never know. If they can get into the playoffs with a hot Turco you just never know.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  15:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that the season has nearly wrapped up, it is really interesting to look back at these posts and see that really no one predicted the East in any way.

Most people (including myself) had Boston and Jersey near the bottom and most people had Montreal winning or near the top.

In the West, I don't think anyone had Vancouver winning the division and most people had Dallas as a top 3.

What does this say?? We are not better and predicting the outcome of the season as the pro's are. We all suck!!
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  15:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pretty sure I was the only one brave enough to call the Habs having a rough season. This coming from one of their fans! Then again, what else do you expect from the Reigning Cyber Cup Champ?

''Yes we can!'' -Obama
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  06:56:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was one off in the East (meaning just the teams, not the order). I was completely right about Boston. In the west I was 5-for-8, with the teams I picked just missing the playoffs except maybe Dallas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page