Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Is Micheal Ryder a 4 millon$ Player Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  06:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
After a disappointing year scoring only 14 goals former 2 time 30 goal scorer Micheal Ryder signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Boston Bruins this off season for what many would consider an inflated contract. Will Micheal Ryder deserve his 4.5 million $ next year?

Pasty

Choices:

Yes 40 plus goals
Yes but only in the 25 to 35 goal range
No 20 goals or less
No he is overated

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  06:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are a few reasons why I am sure Ryder will have a 40 plus goal year....
1.Last years slump was not Ryder playing bad but Carbo coaching bad, Ryder fell out a favor with the habs last season playing 3rd and sometimes 4th line duties and getting no more than 6 to 8 minutes of ice time, Ryder is a goal scorer nothing more he cant make a line he needs to be set up so playing on a 3rd line he will have trouble producing.
2. Marc Savard,, Savard is one of the best passers in the league Ryder is a great shooter 1+1=loads of points for the both of them.
3. Claude Julien in Ryders season under Julien he put up 30 goals on a sub par Montreal squad case point Julien knows Ryder and understands how to use him effectivly.

i said around Christmas last year Ryder would sign in Boston and put up 45 goals, i'm just waiting on the second half of this prophecy to come true

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2008 :  07:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Ryder was treated unfairly in Montreal and I hated to see him go, he could have been used so much better than what Carbo did. Like I said watch him this year, he will be back to his old form. Boston is scary good this year and no one thinks it.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  02:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the current value of contracts, I think this is about right for him. He could have quite a good season this year.

(And in fantasy hockey, he will be a great late-round pick. No-one has this guy on their radar - except Hab fans?- so if your league goes deeper than 150+ he could be a great last round pick. If your league goes as deep as 250-310 he will surely last until the back half of the draft...where leagues are won!)
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  10:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly Pickles, people mostly always base it on performance last year, and you could steal him very low.

Chicago Blackhawks GM
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  17:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I can't belive this is even a question. Ryder won't even get 30 goals this year. There is absoloutely no way he's worth 4 million doallars. I agree with all the people that say the bruins are underrated overall but Ryder is just a low end pick that would have gone to another team if the B's hadn't offered him such a big contract.

I'm guessing Ryder was going with everybody saying that he can score 30 goals again and that he's a good player, but really, he's only a replacement of Murray, who is still better than him.

I don't think Ryder has much playing ability, other than shooting of course. He's not going to be playing on the bruin's top line. He might get moved there, but he will end up on the third, maybe second line. If you look at the bruins third line, it's not very good. He won't be on a line with Savard, who'd be the perfect guy for Ryder to play with. Since many GMs these days seem to make the wrong decisions, no matter how clear they are, I'm assuming this will happen with boston.

If Ryder plays along side Savard and whoever, maybe Kessel, I'm predicting 30 goals. Not with Savard 20-25.

Ellis or Renne....
ELLIS
Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

clickster
Top Prospect

8 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2008 :  14:37:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as a big non habs fan, one player i did like when he was there was ryder. he is a solid player, great shot and heart, and he has the drive to succeed. he is going to look great in the Bruins' uniform
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  06:51:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ryder was relerated to persona non grata status in the Habs lineup, and they will sorely regret letting him go to the Bruins, I think.

Very talented young guy, who has the heart of a lion if used properly. Who knows how he'll click with his linemates, but he's gonna do loads better than last year, IMO. I'll predict 34 goals, 27 assists, and at least one back-breaking O/T or game-winner against his old club.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest1786
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  17:27:22  Reply with Quote
yeh Michael, We're rooting for you.. Community of Bonavista, NL...Of course he is worth 4 million....He is more precious than silver and gold!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page