Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Great games last night! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  09:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couple of upsets last night in OT. Both the Habs and the Avs are looking pretty strong. Most hockey 'experts' predicted Dallas and Carolina to easily make it past them. I always pick the underdogs in my pool and so far this year its working. Go Tampa Bay!

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2006 :  12:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Colorado victory is not that surprising to me as they have an offensively deadly team. But the Habs win is a little mind boggling to me. On paper Carolina should walk away with this. I guess Eric Cole's abscence is a bigger deal than people thought????
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  09:39:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are right leigh. Cole was with the team when they went to the finals a few years back and is definitely a leader. Eric Staal's production dropped off when Cole got injured along with Gerber and the rest of the team. I also think that adding Recchi and Weight may not have been the best of moves as it changed a team that didn't need changing.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  14:58:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup. Except I think that Weight is a good addition to any team, he's a top line set-up man on the PP. Although i don't know if their PP is reflective of that.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2006 :  19:02:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  10:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of games last night, what the hell is wrong with Dallas? Colorado is a one line team with a shaky goaltender and questionable defence. If this is a sweep, I guess the Stars might start to regret signing Turco to that huge money deal as he has stunk it up so far.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  11:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just can't believe how lucky Colorado is getting... I know three wins isn't lucky but look at the goals they got last night, not one of them went straight in... I guess you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good, but I mean c'mon. It's part of the game, but Dallas just can't buy a break and I guess in the playoffs you need them...
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  15:56:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think it's Colorado doing very well here that is the suprise, it really is Dallas doing so poorly.

I'm not buying that Colorado is just a "one line" team. They have thirteen guys with over 30 points, ten with more than 40, and six with more than 50. Not to mention that only two of that 13 are barely in the minus category. That's pretty deep. I agree with Leigh, they are an offensively strong team and are are very well coached and experienced. It shouldn't be a surprise.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page