Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Sergei Fedorov - 500 goals? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  12:41:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
At nearly 39 years of age and with 472 regular season goals, will Sergei Fedorov reach the 500 goal plateau before his NHL hockey career ends?

Choices:

Yes
No

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  14:28:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Playing on Washington I think it's very possible. They're playing firewagon hockey out there.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  14:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He'll absolutly do it, maybe not this year but he won't retire until he does.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2008 :  15:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also think he will do it, but I am not sure if it will be this year or not. Even though he had 13 points in 18 reg season games with Washington, only 2 were goals. It has been 4 seasons since he cracked the 20 goal plateau and he has but 43 goals in the past 3 seasons.

It would be a stretch to think he will break 500 goals this season, but not that big of a stretch. If health and perhaps centring a line with Ovechkin and Backstrom, it would be possible. I think it is more than likley going to happen early next season. BUT, he only signed a one year deal. Who knows.

It will be a story for me to personally watch through the year. Fedorov belongs in a list of the most complete player who ever played the game and may be the very best all around player of my generation. In his prime, he was like Iginla with a little less of a scoring touch but far better defensively.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  16:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I also think he will do it, but I am not sure if it will be this year or not. Even though he had 13 points in 18 reg season games with Washington, only 2 were goals. It has been 4 seasons since he cracked the 20 goal plateau and he has but 43 goals in the past 3 seasons.

It would be a stretch to think he will break 500 goals this season, but not that big of a stretch. If health and perhaps centring a line with Ovechkin and Backstrom, it would be possible. I think it is more than likley going to happen early next season. BUT, he only signed a one year deal. Who knows.

It will be a story for me to personally watch through the year. Fedorov belongs in a list of the most complete player who ever played the game and may be the very best all around player of my generation. In his prime, he was like Iginla with a little less of a scoring touch but far better defensively.

you know beans we disagree a lot about a lot of things but i can't flaw you on this one you are 100% right on that Federov is one of the best all time when it comes to every aspect of the game a shooin for the HOF i'd even go as far to say first ballot

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Senatorsfan815
Top Prospect

2 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  14:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course he'll reach it I have NO doubt at all!!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  10:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It will be hard if he playes D like he did last night for the entire season.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  19:14:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i were him i wouldnt retire until you reach that milestone. same with gary roberts. i wouldnt retire util i reach that 500 goal mark.

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page