Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 crosby is better than ovechkin! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

30LEAFSFAN
Top Prospect

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  13:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby is better than oovechkin! Did you ever notice last year that Crosby dominated ovechkin in points last year for the amount of game he played. He played about half the season and had 72 points I MEAN COME ON GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD CROSBYS BETTER![

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  13:51:22  Reply with Quote
Two Notes -

1. Your argument is completely flawed, comparing the Points per game Ovechkin has the edge by 0.01. Yes a very slim margin, but still better.

2. When Crosby was injured, did the Penguins fault? Nope they kept on trucking, finishing 5th Overall. Now imagine if Ovechkin was injured for half the season, Washington would be lucky to be 20th Overall. With Ovechkin they were 13th. Both are very talented players, im not taking that from Croaby, but Ovechkin is the better player for the fact he can carry a team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2250
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  14:04:30  Reply with Quote
OVECHKIN is better your stunned !!!!!!! ovechkins better no doubt,he's just beter crosby crosby's and sore loser,sook,and sukier then ovechkin thats all i need to say.
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  14:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bigtime agree with guest 2250.Ovechkin way way way way way bigtime better then crosby.
Go to Top of Page

30LEAFSFAN
Top Prospect

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  17:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats also because the pens had malkin and thats also why the pens were better. they didn't have one star doing everything.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  17:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sure ovechkin is better than crosby at scoring but i mean is that the only way you can say he is better?

crosby is a better playmaker, he can play defence he can score maybe not as good as ovie but he'll still get you 30+ goals a year. he can dangle hande the puck skate. not sayin ovechkin cant do any of that but all around sid is all around better than ovechkin

the cry baby he may be

Leafsfan_94

f*** You Cliff Fletcher..

LF94 is the LEAFS GM NOW

Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  20:37:44  Reply with Quote
You guys are absolutely terrible at debates. Yes Crosby's a playmaker, AO's a goal scorer. Both are great at their individual thing. One difference, AO is better at getting assists, than Crosby is at getting goals. So as it stands we have Ovechkin as the better goal scorer, Crosby as the better play maker, but Ovechkin is better at their weakspot. Does that not make him better? Oh ya, than you tell me that the Pens did better cause they had Malkin, exactly, Crosby ahs a star linemate and arguably the 3rd best in the NHL. Yes Ovechkin has Backstrom who will soon be a star, but he's no Malkin. Sorry if I am mistaken but I see a clear cut winner.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2910
( )

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  11:20:57  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is way better than Crosby if Ovechkin had as good of a team that crosby has then ovechkin would be 100% better than crosby
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  12:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8815

AO is better at getting assists, than Crosby is at getting goals. So as it stands we have Ovechkin as the better goal scorer, Crosby as the better play maker, but Ovechkin is better at their weakspot.

How is that an argument, in case you were forgot on evey goal you can have 2 assits so most of the time you should have more assits then goals in a year anyway. And how can you say Crosby being a 35-40 goal scorer so far in his career a weak spot? How many players averagly get that many goals? I think its good, considering last year Comrie lead the Islanders in scoring with 49 points, so if you almost matching another teams top scorer in goals I think your doing pretty good, also Im not saying Ovechkin bad at getting assits either but he has no one to pass to.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  19:25:49  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

quote:

AO is better at getting assists, than Crosby is at getting goals. So as it stands we have Ovechkin as the better goal scorer, Crosby as the better play maker, but Ovechkin is better at their weakspot.

How is that an argument, in case you were forgot on evey goal you can have 2 assits so most of the time you should have more assits then goals in a year anyway. And how can you say Crosby being a 35-40 goal scorer so far in his career a weak spot? How many players averagly get that many goals? I think its good, considering last year Comrie lead the Islanders in scoring with 49 points, so if you almost matching another teams top scorer in goals I think your doing pretty good, also Im not saying Ovechkin bad at getting assits either but he has no one to pass to.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

Counterpart, weakspot, opposite, whatever you want to call it, it doesn't matter. Im saying that playmaking is Crosby's strong suit, and goalscoring is Ovechkins. Than the opposites are not as strong, still elite though, and that Ovechkin can assist better than Crosby can score. Than you say that getting an assist is easier than getting a goal. You just crawled into your coffin and nailed it shut. You just told me exactly what I wanted to hear, and by your logic Ovechkin should be the hands down winner. Oh ya, Crosby 30-40 goals? That'd be the day I cheer for the Flames.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  21:04:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You'd better order a flames jersey then, his first 2 years he has 39 and 36 goals and last year had 24 in 53 games, Im not a mathamatition or anything but the last time i checked 36 and 39 are inbetween 30 and 40. and 24 in 53 means he was on pace for aound 36 goals again, how about you get your facts striaght before you make comments that make you look dumb. btw I suggest you get a Bertuzzi jersey seeing as you belong with scum like him.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 10/10/2008 :  21:13:53  Reply with Quote
Alright you caught me there, I stupidly posted that before checking the stats. Sorry I made a mistake, but you want to make this personal? Grow the f*** up buddy. I don't some f** on the internet who has never met me to call me scum and a idiot, this was a civilized debate, now it's turned into a fight, proud of yourself? And tell me to get the facts right? How about make a decent debate, cause everything you said I used against you. Get a life and get off the jock.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9531
( )

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  06:07:10  Reply with Quote
k yoo i dunno wtfs wrong with u
but maybe u wud actually watch hockey and not tv comercials that they load crosby with
everyones brainwashed that hes the best
ovechkin not only scores, dangles, and sets up plays,
but he HITS too!!
hes the better overall player
HANDS DOWN

but still
GO SENS GO
Go to Top of Page

fury07
Top Prospect

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  06:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the way i look at it is ovechkin is a true canadian hockey play he hits he scores and he dosent cry like a bby unlike crosby who if he gets hit he lies on the ice or he cries to the ref that he was hit 2 hard and that crosby shouldbe the european
Go to Top of Page

LuonGod
Top Prospect

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  10:23:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way I see it is Ovechkin is right up there when it comes to heart and love for the game. I know its been repeated, but this guy wants to play every second of every game. I also think Ovechkin is tough. I agree with previous posts that state he hits. I absolutley love when a superstar hits. Reminds me of watching Forsburg live. I think crosby's leadership gives him a very slight edge though. Give me a choice between tickets to the caps and tickets to the pens....I would go with caps...Id rather see ovechkin with Semin and Backstrom, than Crosby and Malkin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0411
( )

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  12:58:12  Reply with Quote
only a leafs fan could make such a dumb topic
Go to Top of Page

Guest9136
( )

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  17:01:30  Reply with Quote
Dumbest. Arguement. Ever.

They are both great. Let's have this conversation in ten years.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  09:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think some are comparing apples to oranges. Ovechkin and Crosby are two very different players.

I would compare Crosby to the likes of Thornton, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. More all around players, more assist driven players.

Ovechkin is in the class with Iginla, Heatley, Lecavalier, etc. More physical players that are more goal driven.

That being said, one thing I can say very honestly is that I think Crosby is a better "complete" player while Ovechkin is a far more exciting player to watch.
Go to Top of Page

sensfan1
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  12:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Beans15 and that you can't really class then together. In my opinion Ovechkin is a true goal scorer, just loook at his SOG & goals last year. Crosby is a true playmaker, and has tremendous vision to see 2-3 plays ahead and create opportunities for others and himself.

Imagine the points they would rack up if they played together full time. Last years all-star game didn't even come close to showing their combined skill.
Go to Top of Page

shub
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  16:48:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby is WAY better than ovechkin did uyou see how many points he scored in a season wow more than ovechkin scored crosby is better and always will be

P.S. CROSBY IS THE NEXT WAYNE GRETZGY!!!!!

shub.khosa
Go to Top of Page

shub
Top Prospect

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  16:52:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ovechkin is just not better than Crosby its not that hard oveckin always needs semin or backstorom with him thats the only way hes gonna score duh crosby piece of cake shoot score!!!!!!!!!!

shub.khosa
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  21:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby is the better play maker, Ovechkin is a natural goal scorer.

Crosby is Canadian.

Crosby wins!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Guest9115
( )

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  18:47:59  Reply with Quote
Crosby and Oveckin are great hockeys players! If your looking for a guy who sets up very very well and gets the odd goal every know and then but still has sick shoot out moves your looking for Sidney Crosby. If your looking for a goal scorer and has fansy types of moves its Alexander Oveckin.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8301
( )

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  12:38:39  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is better...period! and for that matter so is Malkin.
I won't deny that Crosby has some skills and is a good hockey player, he's just not God like everyone wants him to be. I don't understnad at all why Crosby gets soooooo much media attention for?? there is nothing that sets him apart from any of the other young stars in the NHL. aside from maybe his short temper, I find Crosby has a tendency to automatically Retaliate with his hockey stick(slashes, crosschecking) every time he's confronted on the ice....he's a bitch, but that's just my opinion. I think it's because he's mentally wearing down from all the pressure the fans and media put on him to perform better than he can.
Anyway I'm getting off topic here, Ovechkin is better, not alot better...but better!

btw, I've never seen Ovechkins' name spelt sooo many different ways as in this forum! lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest0501
( )

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  20:36:06  Reply with Quote
30LEAFSFAN
Top Prospect

cosby is choking on a big one. plus hes a little cry baby . ovechkin holds his own

Crosby is better than oovechkin! Did you ever notice last year that Crosby dominated ovechkin in points last year for the amount of game he played. He played about half the season and had 72 points I MEAN COME ON GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD CROSBYS BETTER![
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  14:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin had a better points per game average than Crosby last year still does this year. Crosby has only had more points than Ovechkin 1 year out of the 4 years they have both been in the NHL. Ovechkin is also the better defensive player and a harder hitter than Crosby too. Crosby has always has a team to play with where Ovechkin hasn't. So I have no idea what you are talking about. Ovechkin is by far better hockey player than Crosby. Crosby is a whining baby. Ovechkin is the total package. I bet you if Ovechkin was playing for Pittsburgh and Crosby was playing for Washington Ovechkin would be tied with Malkin for the lead or just slightly ahead of him and Crosby would only have about 32 points

Edited by - hanley6 on 01/03/2009 14:44:33
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:07:15  Reply with Quote
shub i don't care what you think but you can't say that crosby is the next wayne gretzky, he is a good player ya but no wayne greztky. And look who crosby has too play with! if ovechkin had talent like that too set up he would get alot of assist's too. But returning too the subjuect you can't compare crosby too gretzky. In the great one's prime people were asking him what's going on when he only scored one or two points a game. some games crosby goes without points. I think you need too start thinking about what you are saying [Moderator Edit]

P.S.[Moderator edit]

Moderator:
No need for any of the "Extra Curricular" Comments, Thanks.

Edited by - Beans15 on 01/12/2009 12:39:16
Go to Top of Page

Guest2758
( )

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:23:46  Reply with Quote
quote:

You guys are absolutely terrible at debates. Yes Crosby's a playmaker, AO's a goal scorer. Both are great at their individual thing. One difference, AO is better at getting assists, than Crosby is at getting goals. So as it stands we have Ovechkin as the better goal scorer, Crosby as the better play maker, but Ovechkin is better at their weakspot. Does that not make him better? Oh ya, than you tell me that the Pens did better cause they had Malkin, exactly, Crosby ahs a star linemate and arguably the 3rd best in the NHL. Yes Ovechkin has Backstrom who will soon be a star, but he's no Malkin. Sorry if I am mistaken but I see a clear cut winner.

ovechkin also has semin

Go to Top of Page

Guest4998
( )

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  12:26:13  Reply with Quote
Ovechkin is way better then Crosby. Ovechkin doesn't slash people in the back of the legs when he gets hit, but crosby is still good ..
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  13:03:29  Reply with Quote
ovechkin doesn't fall down and cry on the ice after every little hit..... ovechkin will get up and get the next hit.... i dont know the number but i think he is close or leads his team in hits (wont say for sure)
Crosby is good.... but to much of a cry baby..... u never see ovechkin on the ice crying.... simple because he is a man and not a kid and very few ppl can catch him to hurt him
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  15:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha I love this debate. "Crosby is WAYYYY better." "No your wrong, Ovechkin is SOOOO much better than Crosby"
lol could it be that we are actually privileged to see the best 2 hockey players since Gretzky and Lemiuex? They are both incredible hockey players and who you think is better will depend on your bias. Now, I'm an Ovechkin fan but is he WAYY better than Crosby? Of course not. It would be ridiculous to say that. Is he better than Crosby? Who knows? I like his style of play better but is he an overall better player? Ask me that in 10 years and I might be able to tell you then.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  09:47:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to see them on the same team, that would be amazing.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  09:55:03  Reply with Quote
I think Malkin is way overrated.... i dont watch all of pittsbirg games but the one i watch he trns the puck over like 5-6 times a games and that leads to 1-2 goals a game... no joke. Yes he is the second most talented goal scorer next to AO but he is a joke in his own end. how can someone call him the third best player in the league...... that is a joke. i dont know who the third person who be but i would defenetly put zetterburg, datsyuk, maybe even iginla (most of you wont agree because he is a boring player but yet he avg more than 100 points a season every season and he is a dominate physical player that can play both ends) and maybe even Lecavalier (He is hurt right now he is playing in a diusgrunted organisation but he use to mark 100 points a season every year and plays BOTH END WHICH IS WHY PITTS IS NOT WINNING CAUSE MALKIN IS A PUCK HOG THAT PLAYS ONE WAY HOCKEY!)
Thx for reading
Go to Top of Page

Guest9278
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  10:00:27  Reply with Quote
He could be the 3rd best player in the league he has all the potential..... but until the pitts get a good coach that will tech him to play 2 way hockey and the rest of the teams pitts will never win a cup and malkin will always be a one way player.... i even think hossa is better than malkin...... not cause hossa is a pure goal socrer cause hossa is one of the best two way player in the game!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2753
( )

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  18:05:31  Reply with Quote
why do you need to argue and compare, their both great and together they would probly be unstopable, but who really cares whos better? their both fun to watch...
Go to Top of Page

Guest1425
( )

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  08:50:47  Reply with Quote
OV IS THE MOST SELFISH HOTDOGIN SOB THERE IS CROSBYS A WINNER HE CARES ABOUT WINNING NOT GOALS AND ASSISTS
Go to Top of Page

Guest9987
( )

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  09:14:45  Reply with Quote

Dumbest. Argument. Ever. They are both great. Let's have this conversation in ten years
quote:

i think this is where this hair-pulling match should have ended.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4735
( )

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  01:21:21  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

haha I love this debate. "Crosby is WAYYYY better." "No your wrong, Ovechkin is SOOOO much better than Crosby"
lol could it be that we are actually privileged to see the best 2 hockey players since Gretzky and Lemiuex? They are both incredible hockey players and who you think is better will depend on your bias. Now, I'm an Ovechkin fan but is he WAYY better than Crosby? Of course not. It would be ridiculous to say that. Is he better than Crosby? Who knows? I like his style of play better but is he an overall better player? Ask me that in 10 years and I might be able to tell you then.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.

Sir I couldn't agree with you more, I actually really respect your answer. I myself am more of a Crosby fan, well thats because I am more of a playmaker in hockey and i love his vision. Though to say that Ovechkin is brutal is way out of the question. I don't mind watching Ovechkin either, like come on he hits!!! That's cool. So much is based on stats, but I think people don't notice the other things these two players do, cause it is really quite fantastic. But for people who say Ovechkin is better than Crosby in defensive plays, and that Ovechkin is better at the weak spots of each other is a little ambiguous cause I looked at it and well Crosby is closer to goals per game than Ovechkin is too him for assists per game. But it's a stat... watch some hockey and appreciate both players cause they play great hockey. And I look forward to more Washington Vs Pittsburgh hockey games because I sense a great rivalry for years to come. Though what I can say is I hate how much marketing Crosby has, but the league does what it needs to do I guess. Maybe make a few Crosby and Ovechkin commercials, like these two players will have a great rivalry, so why don't they market that haha, I know its a little off topic.
Go to Top of Page

Avalanche_17
Top Prospect

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  06:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They would be an amazing team together. If you put someone who can score goals like Ovechkin with someone who has the ability to set up some amazing plays like Crosby, they would be unstoppable. They are both great players on there own terms and they both have their faults. I find Crosby to be a cry baby and when PIT is down on the score board he has little immature fits on the ice. However I also find Ovechkin, although he scores a lot of goals, takes way to many shots. You ever think it would be easier to pass it to score some of the time? Lol. But I do appreciate how he can handle himself on the ice and dish out the hits himself.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7735
( )

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  06:42:02  Reply with Quote
iginla is the best
Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  11:39:05  Reply with Quote
Ovi has semin , crosby shooting blanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic