Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 crosby is better than ovechkin! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  21:20:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much I hate Crosby, and that's a whole other topic why I do hah,
I do think that he is better overall than Ovie. Not by a lot though !
Crosby is an all around player, ovie is just offensive, Crosby can lead his guys to a cup and ovie can't win a playoff game to save his life, Crosby wins gold medals, ovie doesn't even get a medal. Ovie is def more entertaining to watch, but Crosby does get my pick for a better overall player.

I feel sick saying that haha

Edited by - semin-rules on 10/04/2010 21:23:14
Go to Top of Page

Guest5806
( )

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  22:13:06  Reply with Quote
washington is something like 7-2-1 without ovechkin
Go to Top of Page

Guest9303
( )

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  15:43:08  Reply with Quote
OK i am a huge crosby fan and yes ovechkin is a finominal player but just because he can score on the ground????NO ovechkin is a one man show and he thinks hes all that to me crosby is an all around player,and has way more heart an effort into the game crosby is indeed the better player but dont get me wrong ovi is great too and whoever dissagrees SHUT UP cause idc what u think cause u only think.....i know for a fact! but one thing ovi does beat him at is the speed cause ovi is faster but crosby is still fast. o and one last thing how is he a sore loser????? hmm lemme think HES NOT!and hes not a cry baby people r just retarded so u can say whatever u want about how ovi is better but lets just say i wont say anything back just to stop the tears from runnin down your face!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  16:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more effort than ovie...you must be joking. Both great players.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9894
( )

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  14:29:10  Reply with Quote
k first of all points goals awards and cups doesnt mean anything. That doesnt make them better players because of that. If the question was who has MORE GOALS ovechkin or crosby, thats were that would come into play k! just because he has more goals does not make him a better player it just means he has more goals. what you have to think about is there skill and how they play. alrighty, so you cant say anything prove that ones better because of GOALS! HOW BOUT YOU GET THAT THOUGH YOUR HEAD!
Go to Top of Page

Guest0889
( )

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  15:50:17  Reply with Quote
they both suck. Dan hamhuis greatest player of all time
Go to Top of Page

Guest9006
( )

Posted - 01/14/2011 :  16:16:07  Reply with Quote
No Ovechkin has Semin and Backstrom
Go to Top of Page

Guest4696
( )

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  18:52:17  Reply with Quote
[capssssssssss ruleeeee oveichkin is so goooooooooood sidney crosby is a fail no scrath that a epic fail all the crosby fans out there shut thef*#@*! up bastardes ovie rulessssssssfont=Verdana][/font=Verdana]
Go to Top of Page

Guest8492
( )

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  08:33:56  Reply with Quote
Hmm, this thread seemed to be decided (in Crosby's favour), but now he might be the second coming of Lindros, health-wise. Ovechkin has also regressed. Still an above-average player, but certainly not the world-beater he once was. Who would you rather have to start next season? I'd probably take Ovechkin, because at least he doesn't get hurt. No guarantees Crosby ever plays a full season ever again.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  08:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8492

Hmm, this thread seemed to be decided (in Crosby's favour), but now he might be the second coming of Lindros, health-wise. Ovechkin has also regressed. Still an above-average player, but certainly not the world-beater he once was. Who would you rather have to start next season? I'd probably take Ovechkin, because at least he doesn't get hurt. No guarantees Crosby ever plays a full season ever again.

It's hard to argue your pick when you consider Crosby's health, but it's ironice that Ovie's play has declined to the point that one may still take a chance with Crosby.

All i know for sure is, i felt like throwing up when i saw someone had rehashed this thread yet again!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2260
( )

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  09:02:44  Reply with Quote
hmm this is a tiresome argument. both players are dynamic. However I give the edge in my opinion to Crosby and my arguments arn't that Crosby is "way, way, way, way better" or because Ovechkin "sooks!" I look at the past 5 years and Ovechkin has definately experianced long slumps especially recently. Crosby has been much more consistant. Ovechkin seems to slow down at playoff time, not a desirable feature of your start player.
Finnaly and simply put Crosby has won Olympic gold, world junior Gold, The memorial cup, The Stanly cup, and a handful of NHL awards including scoring and MVP. There is nothing left that Crosby has not accomplished.

In my opinion there is no further argument here. Ovechkin may be the better player but until he proves it my vote is with Crosby for now.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2260
( )

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  09:10:32  Reply with Quote
Guest 9894 - Goals win games........... how is that not important.
It takes "skill" to score a lot of them.

Also cups are what players play for....... how is that not important.

if we do not use Game stats to determin a players value than what should we use? ability to grow a mustach???
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  19:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crosby is much more team oriented, he brings his linemates into the game and elevates them to his level.

Ovie is more self oriented, he tries to get his linemates to revolve the play around him.

When Ovie finally realizes that hockey is a team sport and players support each other then he will become a much better hockey player. Question is, will he ever understand this concept ?
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2011 :  21:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

All i know for sure is, i felt like throwing up when i saw someone had rehashed this thread yet again!

Go to Top of Page

Guest8468
( )

Posted - 12/12/2013 :  09:03:10  Reply with Quote
People like The Duke are completely clueless about hockey it seems. Ovechkin's teammates love the guy because he's a beauty. Washington would be hot garbage without him, just look at that last Tampa game.

Crosby and him are by far the best two players in the world, end of story. Who is marginally better doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'll take Malkin/Neal/Letang over Backstrom/Grabovksi and miscellaneous though thanks.

I know I'm happy that team Canada will have Crosby on our side, but also fairly scared when we play Ovy/Malkin at some point in the tournament, if that makes sense.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8126
( )

Posted - 12/14/2013 :  15:12:07  Reply with Quote
Crosby is a better complete hockey player. Ovechkin is electric, no one can deny his ability to score, and he's a physical beast. He also has no idea what back chek means, his feet do not move unless he has the puck or just before he gets the puck, and he doesn't know what the ice in his end feels like under his feet.

Everyone has their own opinion but for me the difference between the two players is far more than marginal. It's marginal offensively. It's not even close defensively. In my opinion, when looking at the 'best' hockey player it means both sides of the ice. Ovechkin would be in my top 5 but not top two. Those spots are reserved for Crosby and Toews.

Ask yourself this question: with 1 minute left in game 7 of the Cup final, who would be on the ice being down one goal? What about up one goal? Crosby and Toews are on the I win both situations. If Washington was up one goal with 1 minute left, Ovechkin would be watching that part of the game from the bench.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page