Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Kings game - O'Sullivan scored not O'Donnel Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0525
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  06:05:37  Reply with Quote
I noticed that Pickup Hockey has O'Donnel as scoring last night in the King's game (6-3) over Anaheim. It was O'Sullivan who scored. I know it's minor but it could mean the different between winning and losing. How could I report the discrepancy?

Guest0166
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  10:20:03  Reply with Quote
I have him aswell, hopefully this gets fixed
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  11:00:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From past experience of using this site over the past 3 or 4 years, the admin's are extremely good and fixing these kinds of things. Generally speaking, there are reconciliations that occur on a regular basis above and beyond the nightly updates.

In the future, I would suggest sending an e-mail directly to the admin's rather than posting in the forums. You will more than likely get a faster reaction.

Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  13:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Everyone (thanks for filling in Beans!)

Yes, there was a data entry error that has been corrected. The system is recalculating right now and should be done shortly.

As Beans mentioned above, we also do stats reconcilliations regularly to catch any point changes that the NHL does after the fact (yes they change stats all the time!) Not to mention with a couple hundred thousand users, there is absolutely no way we will have an error for any length of time (we hear about it usually within minutes! )

And finally, of course, at the end of the season when the last games are completed we reconcile the system against the stats that NHL.com has to verify the season before we call it closed.

You're in good hands folks!

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page