Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Would you give up malkin for jokinen/toews? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

d0hboy
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  14:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my pool, I just received a trade offer in my fantasy pool. I have malkin, and I've been offered Oli Jokinen and Jonathan Toews. Both are pretty good players and I've a feeling their combined point totals are going to do more damage than Malkin alone, but they're both on likely crappier teams.

Opinions one way or another?

Edited by - d0hboy on 10/15/2008 14:10:45

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  14:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I personaly would take that trade, I however have Malkin in two of my pools and already traded him in one (Malkin/Kovalev/Nabakov for Iginla/Getzlaf/Bryzgalov) and the other one I'm actively shopping him to the highest bidder.

I don't know why but I picture Malkin having a drop off in success this season.

edit....that url trick is pretty cool.

edit 2...if you do this trade you'll still have to drop someone. So you'll have make sure you have someone worth dropping because if not you'll be forced to drop someone that could help out another team. I guess it's not as black and white as I first thought.

Edited by - MSC on 10/15/2008 14:30:54
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  15:16:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would absolutely take the trade. Looking purely statistically, Jokinen and Toews together are better combined than Malkin on his own.

Jokinen has been on bad teams his entire career and still puts up solid numbers. Two years ago he was over 90 points. I can see him regaining close to that form in the pure offensively focused team in Phoenix and he will see most of his minutes with Doan.

That alone should put Jokinen reasonably close to Malkin's production. Toews is almost a bonus.

This is a no brainer to me.
Go to Top of Page

d0hboy
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  15:54:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All good points, and I also hadn't realized about having to toss a comparable player in order to make that work, and beyond that, someone who I suspect is on a downward trend yet still have enough upside that somebody would take him. groan.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4368
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  17:02:14  Reply with Quote
Didnt Malkin sign a contract over the summer? If he did, I would make the trade.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  15:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would take the trade because, malkin is good dont get me wrong, but tows is an upcoming star in the nhl and should have a great year. and like beans pointed out, jokinen has played on a s***ty team his whole career and and still averages 30+ goals and 90 ppoints

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page