Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Sharks fans hate Canada? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2006 :  09:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a lot of booing going on during the singing of the Canadian National Anthem last night. This is something that the media loves to blow out of proportion when it is a Canadian city booing the American Anthem. Funny that the American fans don't get criticized like the Montreal Canadiens fans did.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2006 :  16:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had it coming. I was at the world juniors in Dec/Jan. The Vancouver fans booed the Americans out of the building. I certainly don't think that we should be booing nations but, what goes around comes around.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  09:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night I caught a bit of the Best Damn Sports Show on Earth and they had a short discussion on this. It was short because it was obvious that the Sharks fans were just indirectly booing the Oilers. One of the guys said it best - "There are probably 15 Canadian Players on the Sharks".

Hey pucker, I think the reason why the American fans don't get criticized is because we Canadians choose not to let it bother us. One of the many differnces between us.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  12:35:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think true hockey fans don't do that. It's just a bunch of yahoos who start it and then a mob mentality kicks in. I'm American and I don't boo other nations...just players. Booing players is DEFINITELY part of the game! Like Pronger!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  09:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ripley you are probably right about the mob mentality thing but I still stand by the fact that it was the Sharks Fans booing the Oilers and not Canada. It honestly did not bother me that much. Now when the Canadian flag was held upside down during the Blue Jays world series win I was definitely insulted.

Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  09:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night was priceless! What better way to show that the Canadian fan has more class than the American fan, but to cheer the United States national anthem.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:46:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think after the big loss last night the sharks fans might hate the canadians even a little more. joking.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  08:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an American I was a bit embarrassed when the anthem was booed. Whether or not they were booing the Oliers specifically - it is somthing that shouldn't happen.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page