Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Tampa Bay
 Richards signs for huge $$ Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic   

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  07:34:59  Show Profile
Brad Richards signed with the Lightning for $7.8 million per season - second only to Jaromir Jagr. He was set to become an unrestricted free agent - which increases his value on the market, but I still think he is a bit overpaid. How can Tampa fill in the rest of their team when they have $20 million invested in 3 guys? They need a goalie, and some depth. I

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  11:11:36  Show Profile
No doubt. Obviously their issue was goaltending and how are they going to be able to fix it now? Tough to sign a free agent keeper given what they have to work with. I don't think it is possible to keep all 3: St.Louis, Lecavalier, and Richards.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  14:04:48  Show Profile
I heard this and burst out laughing. Happy riding Richard's coattails, Tampa. Let's see how far it takes you.

Maybe now they'll have to pick up a goalie like Lalime.....LOLOLOL.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  07:39:22  Show Profile
He's definitely a good player, but not a top 10 guy in this league so why is he being paid like it? I think 5-6 million would have made more sense. Tampa had a good thing going - hell they won the cup last playoffs. Hope the fans in Tampa enjoyed it because it could be a long time before they get back there.
Go to Top of Page

goon
Rookie

Canada
113 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  09:43:12  Show Profile
Why would they pay him so much so soon. If they were worried about losing him as a free agent, then maybe TB would be better off without him. I would have waited to see what other FAs were going for. Marc Savard is a FA this summer and will test the waters. I don't blame him after seeing Richards huge pay day.
Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  08:04:44  Show Profile
Overpaid hes not a Jaromir Jagr or an Ilya Kovalchuk. He gets a few to many million. Maybe if he was in the top 5 scoring but is he? No.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  12:10:37  Show Profile
I agree. He's SECOND to Jagr?? I don't think he's that good. I'd chop a few million off his salary.
Go to Top of Page

slapshot
Rookie

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  12:17:09  Show Profile
Remember that this is news from last May. Still relevant though as I agree that he is very much overpaid. He did win the Conn Smythe when TB won the cup, but having Richards, Lecavalier, and St. Louis signed to those huge contracts in a salary cap era will not lead to another cup thats for sure.
Go to Top of Page

jbraiter
PickupHockey Pro

577 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  05:03:03  Show Profile
Hes not worth that much money hes probabley worth half of what he is getting
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  11:23:40  Show Profile
He is a good player but should not be making that much. He shou;d be paid around 5 million.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2007 :  11:36:52  Show Profile
Stop bringing up these old threads. This was a big story one year ago.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page