Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Shane Doan - Your Opinion Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  03:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What´s your opinion of him as a hockey player? Saw that not that many had picked him for their 2010 Olympic rosters. He seems like a good, consistent player to me. Captained team canada to a gold in 2007 too.

He had a for him all time high 78 pts last season will he put up even better numbers this season?

Edited by - I´m also Cånädiön on 11/08/2008 13:19:40

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  07:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like doan. hes a good player, all his career hes been good. good leadership all around good hockey player....but i feel so bad for him that hes been stuck on phoenix FOREVER and it doesnt look like there getting any better. aside from the facts of their new young players like kyle turris and mikael bodker who will be good additions to their team in the near future, to make them a good young team

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  12:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

What´s your opinion of him as a hockey player? Saw that not that many had picked him for their 2010 Olympic rosters. He seems like a good, consistent player to me. Captained team canada to a gold in 2007 too.
He had 78 pts last season will he put up better numbers this season?

if i made a list of my top five favorite players in the nhl shane doan would deffinetly be a part of the five. no forward in the league uses his size better or hits harder except maybe trent hunter, the guy is a beast and a terrific hockey player and leader shane doan can play for my team any day of the week and with the exception of a few players he could where the C on any team in the league,,, p.s regardless of what we pick he Will be on the 2010 roster!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  14:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane Doan is another one of the players that make us canadians proud. When he puts on the team canada jersey you always knew he was playing for Canada and not just himself. He has always led by example on and off the ice. I would not pick him for 2010 Olympics for one simple reason, there are enough younger skilled players ready to step up and take a leadership role in representing our country. He has played well, represented well and has had a great career. Shane Doan is one of my favourite players.
Go to Top of Page

J-Dog
Top Prospect

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  19:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put Shane Doan in the same boat as Brendan Morrow, with few others in comparison. They are the group of courageous hockey players. They never say die, and they are the real heroes of hockey, at least to me. There are far better talents in the league, heck they may never even win an award, but without them team's aren't complete.

Others in this group would be Iginla (maybe the most skilled player with this attitude), Ethan Moreau, ryan smyth, gary roberts and a few more. Yzerman exemplified this more than anyone, he scored, played unselfishly, fought for his teammates when he had to, and played through maybe the most pain iv'e seen anyone play with, a true leader like Doan and co. hope to be.

There is a topic on here about whether Osgood will make the hall of fame or not. Although I think he should make it, I would gladly pass him after a player like Doan, regardless of stats, awards and team success. That "thing" that people were saying that Osgood was missing, in my opinion, is courage. He never had to play with courage, because he never had that much adversity (at least not on the ice). He played well, on a good team, but never led courageously into battle as other greats have, he never had a near career ending, or at least a career changing injury to overcome. Doan has this courage. I wish they would give him and others like him more credit where it is definetely deserved.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7390
( )

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  00:49:07  Reply with Quote
Doan is a hell of a player and playmaker. He is extremely under-rated and i see big things with Olie in town. Playoffs perhaps? Doan should definately make team Canada and wear an A for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2008 :  13:31:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7390

Doan is a hell of a player and playmaker. He is extremely under-rated and i see big things with Olie in town. Playoffs perhaps? Doan should definately make team Canada and wear an A for sure.

i guess noone can really say anything bad about the guy can they

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  02:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know i'm a little late on this topic but yeah Shane Doan should and will play for team Canada as he is well more than deserving and worthy of it

GO CANADA
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  05:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shane Doan - great player, great team guy, the heart of the Phoenix franchise.

Yes, I think he will be included on team Canada, and most deservedly so. As others have stated, there are more talented Canadians for sure, but even in that respect he still makes the cut. But where he really shines is in defensive play, and "role" assignments like forechecking and penalty kill and hitting. On a talented team like Canada has, you really need these guys who will dish out some hits and provide heart/feistiness while also being a scoring threat.

Now here is a guy that I can say proudly represents the Canadian spirit.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page