Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Melrose Fired Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0213
( )

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  14:16:07  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Barry Melrose was canned today, ending his misery. Who's to blame for the Lightning's woes?

Choices:

Melrose - he was a terrible coach
Barrie and Koules - too much interference
The GMs (Feaster/Lawton) - didn''t build the right team
The Players - they underperformed
All of the Above
Other

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  15:21:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ha about time. i wouldnt call him coach of the year

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  15:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrible coach I think because he don't even tell players what for them to so even.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  15:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have no idea what Brentrock tried to say. Try er again there buddy haha. But back to the topic, the whole organization went out on a limb and got a new coach with no plan and a bunch of players. With no plan in place, all of this buying went to waste. The season is far from over, but they need to hire a really good coach and utilize the players how they should be and form a system that will work for the team and let them adapt.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4803
( )

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  16:15:22  Reply with Quote
oh good toccet was named interm head coach.......perfect situation for him , a team he can bet on and doesnt even need them to go out and blow the game for him to win $$$$$
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  08:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the move of bringing Melrose was a mistake back in the summer. Melrose's only success is when he had the world's best hockey player on his roster. Other than that, he really hasn't done a thing in his NHL career.

However, here's my thing. EVERYONE IS TO BLAME. Firstly, the Organization for hiring Melrose. Second, the GM for bringing in a team that most people could see was a giant money spend but not really a step up on the ladder compared to last years. Thirdly, Melrose because he is simply not a good coach. There was a reason he was out of the league for so long. But fourthly, the players. They do have talent on the team that should put them further ahead of where they are. Regardless of me saying Melrose was a bad coach, he's still a better coach than we think. A bad NHL coach is as good or better than any other coach at any other level. So if Melrose put in a system, it's up to the players to execute on the ice. I don't think there is a single player on TB that have played to thier ability.

In the end, I think the majority of the blame does belong to Melrose and they do need not only a good coach but a coach that will have a high expectation of their players and hold them accountable.

Wait, isn't that the guy they fired before Melrose??? Maybe most of the blame belongs to the Ownership/GM for firing a great coach and putting the team in this position in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  11:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Torts is the man. Phenominal coach, and he understand emotions in the game and the respect between players and he loves a player with passion. I pay attention to him alot on TSN. The real problem in Tampa is their D and the goalie situation, it wouldn't be half as bad if they spent some time on finding a system that works.

Chicago Blackhawks GM

Jesus didn't tap.
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  12:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mullet man almost destroyed this team, he totally mishandled one of the leagues all around best players in Vinny Lecavalier by giving him 18 min a game. Vinny is a 22 to 25 min player to be effective and he had ruined what could have been a steller rookie campaign by Stamkos. The kid is all he is hyped to be but is not being given the chance. Hopefully he can overcome this and pour it on the rest of the season.

I liked what the new management tried to do but it failed miserably with Melrose at the helm. They need someone in there who teach a defensive system because defensively Tampa sucks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page