Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Malkin and Ovechkin are better than Crosby Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  07:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am amazed that I come back from leave and try to catch up on what's been going on around here and this is the garbage I see.

1. Hanley, I can't wrap my head around a 27 year old man using terms such as "wah wah baby", "I wouldn't want a dirty cry baby like Crosby on Toronto", "as for Crosby if he didn't have a good team he wouldn't be in the top 10 in points in the NHL", "He didn't have a bad back thats bulls*** I remember he wouldn't play for a couple weeks because he had a hang nail", " I didn't say that Crosby has no hockey smarts because he obviously does being in the top 5 players today".

How can you go from saying he wouldn't be in the top 10 in scoring without having a good team to calling him a top 5 player?

2. Just going by your first post, and the point you were trying to make (I'm really guessing about your point because I'm not sure) using the facts and stats you've provided the rankings of the best players in the list goes 1. Gretz 2. Lemieux 3. Crosby 4. Ovechkin 5. Malkin. Just by putting Crosby at the bottom of "your" list doesn't make it so especially when the accompanying stats don't back up your point.

3. And to EVERYONE not just Hanley, how can you possibly say Ovechkin has no talent around him? He has one of the bright young centers in the league on his line, a top tier defenceman in Green, to go along with Nylander, Semin and Federov. None of these guys are slouches. I believe without question the Ovechkin/Backstrom/Semin line is far superior to the Dupuis/Crosby/Satan line up. So who exactly is playing with more talent around them again?
Go to Top of Page

Guest9544
( )

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  02:21:55  Reply with Quote
for one thing Lemieux is God, gretzky sucks. Crosby is Lemieux's son he never had.. Both are the best to ever play in the NHL and Malkin is good too but he isn't Crosby. I wouldn't even rate Ovechkin in the top 10 today
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  12:47:01  Reply with Quote
I know its too early to say this, but under Michel Terrien, we did not see the best of Crosby and Malkin because of the system they were stuck in. Now with the new coach, things seem to be different. Lets wait and see.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  13:19:53  Reply with Quote
Right now,all 3 players are pretty close. The most spectacular player is AO, the best playmaker is Crosby, and Malkin is in between, so its really close, no one has a definite edge. However, I think its too early to say t his...but Malkin and Crosby were caught up in a trap system under Michel Terrien and this masked their ability to achieve things higher than they did. I think with the new coach in pittsburgh and the change in the system, their talent will show even more, and watch out for these guys. They will finish 1-2 in the league for sure now.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2816
( )

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  06:35:54  Reply with Quote
Its not just about points. Any canadian hockey player is the best. Toughness is huge. Canadians are tough, they dont dive and roll around on the ice like someone in the stands hit them with a sniper riffle, like european players do. Washington is only doing great because of a canadian, mike green. Any team that wins the cup is because of a canadian.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2816
( )

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  06:38:45  Reply with Quote
anyone who thinks crosby is underachieving dont know hockey. he is in the tops in scoring. what do you think he should have 200 points by now? give him a break. as a matter of fact he will lead the league by the end of the season.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6030
( )

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  07:28:20  Reply with Quote
slozo, I mean come on??? How can you compare 2 different eras?
One thing is for sure though, noone and i think noone will ever have lemieux's talent. But in terms of statistics, we cannot compare two different eras. The game changed alot since Lemieux/Gretzky;s time. Its alot harder to score goals now, its more competitive. Look at the teams standings, that tells you everything. You dont see players get 6-7-8 points per game anymore. I remember lemieux having 8 point nights sometimes, thats not gonna happen any time soon in this league.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page