Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Avery's team in 09/10 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9847
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  18:35:26  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think Sean Avery will play for in the 2009-2010 season?

Choices:

No one
Toronto Maple Leafs
New York Rangers
Other

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  20:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he'll go play with Emery, they'll get a home together and be lovers, get married and have tons of babies I'm not sure with one will be the husband and which one will be the wife, they'll probably just take turns like they used to

Edited by - hanley6 on 01/27/2009 21:00:25
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  21:08:56  Reply with Quote
wow hanley way to showcase your hockey knowledge as always.

burke does not have the guts to take a chance on avery although i feel he would do well in t.o
new york was a better team with avery but i dont see them bringing him back so i would have to say other

and emery will prob be back in the nhl to
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  22:23:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow guest4631, In case you didn't notice I was being a smart ass, just giving them both a taste of there own medicine...
I don't know you but I probably know more about hockey than you do..
I wouldn't want either of them back in the NHL and I wouldn't expect any General Manager with the right mind to want any of them on their team. The biggest reason why Emery is no longer in the NHL is because no one wanted him because numerous altercations with teammates, police, fans and his attitude and lack of team loyalty.
If Emery does come back to the NHL it wont be any time soon and he's got a lot of work to do to become a starting goaltender again last year Gerber was the better goalie with ease.

Who ever picked the Toronto Maple Leafs, The Leafs aren't that dumb
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:41:22  Reply with Quote
ive seen most of your opinions on hockey in here hanley, its pretty clear your hockey IQ is not very high.

through 31 games in the khl, emery has 20 wins, 6 losses and a 1.92 GAA. if you dont think he is going to get some serious looks from nhl teams next year, well my friend you are in for a surprise.

as for avery he has talent a) as a hockey player , b) as the games greatest agitator, and if you dont think that he helps teams win hockey games why dont you just give marty broduer a call he'll prob lose 3 games in a row after just hearing averys name. there is a reason avery had a 4 year $15 million contract its because other teams wanted him, and once he is free there will be another team that will take a chance on him
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  10:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know why, but I can see Avery coming to Toronto.... I wouldn't be for it though. I hope Burke doesn't get that desperate.

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  22:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

ive seen most of your opinions on hockey in here hanley, its pretty clear your hockey IQ is not very high.

through 31 games in the khl, emery has 20 wins, 6 losses and a 1.92 GAA. if you dont think he is going to get some serious looks from nhl teams next year, well my friend you are in for a surprise.

as for avery he has talent a) as a hockey player , b) as the games greatest agitator, and if you dont think that he helps teams win hockey games why dont you just give marty broduer a call he'll prob lose 3 games in a row after just hearing averys name. there is a reason avery had a 4 year $15 million contract its because other teams wanted him, and once he is free there will be another team that will take a chance on him

yes Avery can play but no GM in there right mind is going to want to sign him because of his attitude, no one likes him, plain and simple... Same goes with Emery, he's just as bad as Avery if not worse... No one wants a goalie or a player that just doesn't show up for practices or just shows up whenever he wants too. No one wants someone that constantly in trouble with the law or fighting with his teammates and acts like a complete moron so I wouldn't be surprised if no one wants Emery. As far as the KHL goes that's not as competitive as the NHL so those stats don't mean anything to me if he was still playing for Ottawa his GAA would be 3 or above just like last year or worse.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  09:40:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vogue's Vivacious Vixens?.....
Go to Top of Page

shellac
Top Prospect

30 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  10:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not understand why many of you think that no one in their right mind would sign Avery or Emery. Yes they are media whores, yes they are "bad guys" and yes they have horrible team attitudes. I can agree with that fully, however they have loads of talent hockey-wise.

Furthermore: Why is it that we feel our league (the NHL) is on this "everyone is a good-guy" pedestal? Especially when we allow "enforcer" players who play 2 min per game, and whose job it is to fight, to play entire seasons

Every sports league signs bad guys with talent, for example

The NFL, the most successful pro-sports league: Moss signs with the Pats, T.O signs with Football's version of the Habs. And everyone knows for a fact that Michael "the dog killer" Vick will be back in a starting role next season.

Agitators like Avery are huge pieces to a team puzzle, what Avery needs to learn is to keep it on the ice, and i believe that under the right coach and team captain, Avery could be "tamed" when it comes to the off-ice bulls***.

As for Emery, once he's 30 he will calm down, he's still a cocky kid with a big bank account and a bigger ego. the only thing that fixes that is a wife and 3 kids :)

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  18:01:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shellac

I do not understand why many of you think that no one in their right mind would sign Avery or Emery. Yes they are media whores, yes they are "bad guys" and yes they have horrible team attitudes. I can agree with that fully, however they have loads of talent hockey-wise.

Furthermore: Why is it that we feel our league (the NHL) is on this "everyone is a good-guy" pedestal? Especially when we allow "enforcer" players who play 2 min per game, and whose job it is to fight, to play entire seasons

Every sports league signs bad guys with talent, for example

The NFL, the most successful pro-sports league: Moss signs with the Pats, T.O signs with Football's version of the Habs. And everyone knows for a fact that Michael "the dog killer" Vick will be back in a starting role next season.

Agitators like Avery are huge pieces to a team puzzle, what Avery needs to learn is to keep it on the ice, and i believe that under the right coach and team captain, Avery could be "tamed" when it comes to the off-ice bulls***.

As for Emery, once he's 30 he will calm down, he's still a cocky kid with a big bank account and a bigger ego. the only thing that fixes that is a wife and 3 kids :)

Cheers!

just because someone is an enforcer does not make someone a bad person, that's just there job, to protect... It's the individual, there is something Mentally wrong with Emery and Avery's heads, they just can't stop being the idiots they are... Emery has enough talent to be a back up, like Toskala they just aren't number 1 caliber. Emery has always had a good team in front of him, he's not as good as a lot of people think he is. But just because someone has lots of talent, with there attitude no one wants a player like that.. It's just bad for the game.

Edited by - hanley6 on 01/30/2009 18:04:13
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  12:09:56  Reply with Quote
hanley both avery and emery will be given chances to play in the nhl again, and most likely as early as next year, it really doesnt matter about there attitude.

nobody out there is going to say were winning games but its to bad are team has a bunch of idiots on it

and same going for a losing team, there not going to say hey were losing but at least we have a group of nice guys playing for us....thats all that matters

all that matters to these teams are wins and losses, and both emery and avery have something to give to teams to help them win, but your thinking does not surprise me...... after all you are the one that wanted ruutu banished from hockey for his little bit on peters
Go to Top of Page

shellac
Top Prospect

30 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:13:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright Hanley, i guess Slats is "not in his right mind". Because Avery is in the NHL again, and it did not even take til next year.

I personally think we are going to see a more Roenick style Avery this time, Torts ain't gonna put up with his Bull.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8116
( )

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:27:19  Reply with Quote
"no i know more about hockey than you" , what are we six years old Hanley
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:40:56  Reply with Quote
look at that hanley soon as avery was able to return to the nhl, he has a home, back with the rangers. i thought no one in there right mind would take him. the rangers realize they are a better team with him then they are without him
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  14:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, even though I slagged the guy in other threads, deservedly so, in my opinion, it would be a nice, turnaround if he could make his way back into the NHL, and continue to play an agitating style, without the circus BS. If he could just keep it in the ice, and even then, have some class while doing it, ie: Esa Tikanen, Pat Verbeek, Alex Burrows, etc.
He does obviouly have some skill and it would be a feather in the Rangers cap if he could turn in to a solid 20-25 goal player with an edge.

Of course if he can't.....

You'd hate to see a young man toss away a prosperous career over some bad attitude, and worse management(where is his manager, friends, family when he gets off track?). I'm pretty sure my 67 year old father would still give me a solid b*tch slap, if I embarrased myself in public like Avery has..

Ahhh well, from all us working shmoes, who only daydream of doing what he does for a living, I hope he does it right this time.
Go to Top of Page

hanley6
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
674 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  22:16:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4631

look at that hanley soon as avery was able to return to the nhl, he has a home, back with the rangers. i thought no one in there right mind would take him. the rangers realize they are a better team with him then they are without him

yeah it takes a team like New York to pick up an idiot like Avery, but then it makes sense New York has the highest freak show population in the world
Go to Top of Page

Guest4631
( )

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  08:17:25  Reply with Quote
a team like new york? what kind of team is that? oh i know a playoff team! unlike your leafs. how does it feel to see avery playing playoff hockey while your leafs are always golfing? i bet avery gets a cup befor the leafs do. and how can u seriously knock new york for freak shows? toronto is mini new york
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  09:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe Sather should sign Emery now, too. You never know, the two troublesome players may very well, as Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder sang in the 80's, live together in perfect harmony.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page