Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 spezza trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest6225
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  11:44:52  Reply with Quote
plain and simple Spezza and someone like kuba to the oil for hemsky and sourray

Guest4150
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  12:21:58  Reply with Quote
Souray and Hemsky? I don't think so.
Spezza to the Kings for Frolov and picks/prospects.

(ADMIT EDIT - LINK REMOVED - SPAM)
Go to Top of Page

DangleFest89
Rookie

122 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  13:29:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ya not feeling that at all from an Oilers fan perspective

Edited by - DangleFest89 on 02/02/2009 14:01:14
Go to Top of Page

Guest9965
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  14:18:14  Reply with Quote
I am an Oilers fan, but that trade would look good from an OTTAWA perspective. No way anybody would trade away two potential allstar caliber players for one potential allstar and a mid-level player. More likely trade between Sens and Oil would be Spezza & maybe a draft pick for Horcoff a draft pick, and another player Oil management would have to sacrifice.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  14:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Spezza is a very under-rated player. He's averaged 90 points per season the past three years and is on pace this season for 30 goals and 65 points. That's obviously an off year, but you can not argue with what he has done. And don't even get into the defensive garbage. He is not paid to stop the puck from going in his net, he is paid to get the puck into the other net. He does that(or supports that) very well.

However, I am not here to say to make this trade. It's bad on all accounts.

1- Ottawa doesn't need less mobility in their defensive side. Souray would not be a good addition

2 - Kuba is a step down on Souray, bad trade for the Oilers

3- The Oilers are building around Hemsky, not using him to re-build. Even though I think Spezza is a step up on Hemsky based on his ability to score as well as pass, the Oilers will not make this move as removing Hemsky and adding Spezza is not enough to change the team for the better.

And this does not even include any contractual items such length of contract or if each team could afford the contracts they would be switching.

This is just a bad deal. Although people expect a guy like Spezza to move, it will not be to Edmonton and definately not for these two players. I would say that Hemsky and Souray are 2 of maybe 3 or 4guys on the Oil roster that would not be in any trade talks. The others being Cogliano, Gagner, and maybe Gilbert. And, when you look at the rest of the Oilers roster outside of these players I mentioned, there isn't anything that would improve Ottawa to the point to drop a guy like Spezza.

It's not even close to happening.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9109
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  16:53:52  Reply with Quote
im really sorry buddy,but part of spezza's job IS to keep the puck out of his own net... he is not a defencemen but the amount of goals given up due to his lack of defensive awareness
Go to Top of Page

Guest9235
( )

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  20:03:00  Reply with Quote
Horrible trade, the oilers are building around hemsky, who i think may have more talent than spezza and souray is a great offensive defensmen, just has a little trouble in his own end. If this trade were made, all oiler fans would call for lowe and tambelinis head
Go to Top of Page

Guest7752
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  06:16:18  Reply with Quote
SPEZZA to HABS for..... KOVALEV and O'BOURNE !!!
Now that's a trade.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7401
( )

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  07:37:52  Reply with Quote
please don't sent Speeza to Montreal... we don't want more cry baby
Go to Top of Page

Guest9645
( )

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:31:00  Reply with Quote
Spezza & Phillips to New Jersey

Pandalfo, Zubrus and White
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  11:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest I heard is Horcoff, Grebeshkov, and a 1st round draft pick for Spezza and a later round draft pick.

Although I like the trade for the Oilers, I don't think that's enough value to get Spezza and definately not Spezza and a pick.

I also heard (from a guy who knows a guy who heard from a guy) that Horcoff wants out. Supposidly, he is not the best team mate in the world and that the Oiler players would not miss him if he goes. But, if he isn't a great team mate, that might make him unattractive in a trade. And, he just signed a contract that some view as overpaid.

Not saying this is completely factual. But, it does lend itself to some interesting thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0053
( )

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  12:05:51  Reply with Quote
SPEZZA ----------------------------------->>> MONTREAL
PLEKANEC and HALAK ----------------->>> OTTAWA
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  13:20:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

The latest I heard is Horcoff, Grebeshkov, and a 1st round draft pick for Spezza and a later round draft pick.

Although I like the trade for the Oilers, I don't think that's enough value to get Spezza and definately not Spezza and a pick.

I also heard (from a guy who knows a guy who heard from a guy) that Horcoff wants out. Supposidly, he is not the best team mate in the world and that the Oiler players would not miss him if he goes. But, if he isn't a great team mate, that might make him unattractive in a trade. And, he just signed a contract that some view as overpaid.

Not saying this is completely factual. But, it does lend itself to some interesting thoughts.

Could you imagine!!!! Spezza and Hemsky setting up .... anyone!
If they could find a XXL sweater and a pair of those double bladed skates you tie onto your boots, they could stick my middle-aged, out of shape, coronary-waiting-to-happen, fanny out there and I'd probably score 25, just having them bounce off of me somewhere!!!

Hope it happens....kinda liked Horcoff even though a wee bit over paid and over hyped,....but not enough to keep over a Spezza....be nice if they could get Robbie Schremp in there somewhere, would be nice to see him end up on a team where he could get a shot....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page